Confession Booth

• Thread starter ash6660
  • 4,154 comments
As long as you're cleaning up after yourself they're fine with it.
Yep, always do. Personally, I just don't like he treated like I'm at a restaurant when I. A fast food joint.

And, the food seems to come out faster. :)

So years ago, I got this die-cast truck in the mail after someone in my family ordered it for me and one of the axles was not installed properly. Like I said in the post though, it didn't bother me much because I was planning on doing a wheel swap for one anyway, which I eventually did and it's sitting in my room right now. However, I still wanted to get a good one for keeps because as a die-cast collector and customizer, I like to get one for keeps and another for customizing.

So naturally, I wanted to get another, so my mom ordered it for me later on, what I received though was this. Needless to say, it was not what I had ordered, but I wasn't bothered by this in the slightest. If anything I was thrilled by it because not only do I REALLY like these trucks, but I had regrets about what I had chosen earlier anyways and this made me much happier. Though I realized the seller sent the wrong thing and I wondered if I needed to say something about it. However, the seller never said anything about it, I was much happier with this than I wanted originally, and I really didn't want to burden my mom to return it because from what I gather, it's not worth the effort, especially for no more than what this thing costs. So I kept it and never said anything about it to the seller despite it being the wrong item and to date I still have it sitting somewhere safe, in fact, I moved it around just today while reorganizing some stuff.

I will admit, it probably wasn't right for me to do that, if anything it was probably dishonest. Though like I said, I liked it so much better and didn’t want to deal with returning it since it was cheap and the seller didn’t show any apparent concern for it anyway. So I can’t say I regret keeping it.

Last edited:
Well I have a confession to make. Back 5 years ago, I went in the store and stole several bags of chips/candy. Just luckily the security camera didn't catch me but a lady did and I ran. I never went back to that same store after that, I won't be pulling a stunt like that anymore!

So years ago, I got this die-cast truck in the mail after someone in my family ordered it for me and one of the axles was not installed properly. Like I said in the post though, it didn't bother me much because I was planning on doing a wheel swap for one anyway, which I eventually did and it's sitting in my room right now. However, I still wanted to get a good one for keeps because as a die-cast collector and customizer, I like to get one for keeps and another for customizing.

So naturally, I wanted to get another, so my mom ordered it for me later on, what I received though was this. Needless to say, it was not what I had ordered, but I wasn't bothered by this in the slightest. If anything I was thrilled by it because not only do I REALLY like these trucks, but I had regrets about what I had chosen earlier anyways and this made me much happier. Though I realized the seller sent the wrong thing and I wondered if I needed to say something about it. However, the seller never said anything about it, I was much happier with this than I wanted originally, and I really didn't want to burden my mom to return it because from what I gather, it's not worth the effort, especially for no more than what this thing costs. So I kept it and never said anything about it to the seller despite it being the wrong item and to date I still have it sitting somewhere safe, in fact, I moved it around just today while reorganizing some stuff.

I will admit, it probably wasn't right for me to do that, if anything it was probably dishonest. Though like I said, I liked it so much better and didn’t want to deal with returning it since it was cheap and the seller didn’t show any apparent concern for it anyway. So I can’t say I regret keeping it.
If this can happen, then so can the opposite.

The Seller needs to overhaul their ordering, inventory & distribution systems.
The mistake should've shown up at one of those stages.

That’s not dishonest. The seller made the mistake and if you’re happy with the product you got them no worries.
If it bothers you, perhaps message the seller and tell them that there was a mix up but you’re ok to keep what was sent and that should be enough.

If this can happen, then so can the opposite.
Opposite of what?
The Seller needs to overhaul their ordering, inventory & distribution systems.
Probably so. It's worth noting it came from Amazon.
The mistake should've shown up at one of those stages.
Maybe, but to be fair, I can't really fault the seller for getting confused since they're both yellow dump trucks.
That’s not dishonest. The seller made the mistake and if you’re happy with the product you got them no worries.
If it bothers you, perhaps message the seller and tell them that there was a mix up but you’re ok to keep what was sent and that should be enough.
It's been a few years anyway. Since the seller never said anything, I didn't worry about it after a while since it was very cheap, and shipping it back is a hassle not worth doing according to my mom. I did some reading after posting this and where I live, it's actually legal to keep an item even if it's not what you ordered, so one less thing to worry about I guess. I will admit though, I do not encourage people to do this, but at the same time, I won't judge anyone who does since I've been in the position myself.

As far as the truck I was originally after goes, I did eventually get it nearly 2 years later in a 3 pack and unlike the other, it was in perfect condition. So I still got what I was after, albeit from eBay instead of Amazon. Funny enough I think I keep it stored in the same place as the one I got by mistake. 😆

Last edited:
Opposite of what?

Probably so. It's worth noting it came from Amazon.

Maybe, but to be fair, I can't really fault the seller for getting confused since they're both yellow dump trucks.

It's been a few years anyway. Since the seller never said anything, I didn't worry about it after a while since it was very cheap, and shipping it back is a hassle not worth doing according to my mom. I did some reading after posting this and where I live, it's actually legal to keep an item even if it's not what you ordered, so one less thing to worry about I guess. I will admit though, I do not encourage people to do this, but at the same time, I won't judge anyone who does since I've been in the position myself.

As far as the truck I was originally after goes, I did eventually get it nearly 2 years later in a 3 pack and unlike the other, it was in perfect condition. So I still got what I was after, albeit from eBay instead of Amazon. Funny enough I think I keep it stored in the same place as the one I got by mistake. 😆
By opposite, I mean that you got a free upgrade due to someone's carelessness. You may have got a downgrade too.

Oh okay.

On a related note, I will admit, that was not the last time it happened either. I had my brother order a game from Amazon called Monster Truck Madness for the GBA for me years later, but what I got was a game called Monster Trucks instead. Not only was it NOT what he ordered for me, but it sucked as a game and I was not too thrilled about receiving this over what I was originally after. So I had my brother message the seller and the seller said he would do something about it, but to date, I never heard anything from him ever again. I tried to get my brother to message him again and I don't remember exactly why, but he didn't want to, something about the seller not doing his part is all I know. So I ended up keeping a wrong order yet again, albeit unwillingly.

In the seller's defense though, I can understand why he got confused because they're both monster truck-themed games. Besides, everyone makes mistakes anyways, something I would probably do if I wasn't careful as well. I did eventually get the one I was after later on, albeit from somewhere else and neither were expensive, so it's not a huge loss I guess.

Oh okay.

On a related note, I will admit, that was not the last time it happened either. I had my brother order a game from Amazon called Monster Truck Madness for the GBA for me years later, but what I got was a game called Monster Trucks instead. Not only was it NOT what he ordered for me, but it sucked as a game and I was not too thrilled about receiving this over what I was originally after. So I had my brother message the seller and the seller said he would do something about it, but to date, I never heard anything from him ever again. I tried to get my brother to message him again and I don't remember exactly why, but he didn't want to, something about the seller not doing his part is all I know. So I ended up keeping a wrong order yet again, albeit unwillingly.

In the seller's defense though, I can understand why he got confused because they're both monster truck-themed games. Besides, everyone makes mistakes anyways, something I would probably do if I wasn't careful as well. I did eventually get the one I was after later on, albeit from somewhere else and neither were expensive, so it's not a huge loss I guess.
That's a perfect example of what I was saying.

We recently had a managerial change. He is knew, but learning.

I am scheduled off today.

I had a feeling he would forget.

I received a call this morning asking if I could work today, because he didn't realize I was scheduled off until three hours before my shift.

Nope, sorry.

Last edited:
There's a new building at my work called the 'James McCune Smith Building'.

My workmate has nicknamed it 'The Jimmy', but I've gone a step further and I simply call it 'The Jim'.

That way, if my boss ever verbally asks me why I'm late for a meeting one morning, I can honestly tell her that I was in 'The Jim', though I won't not mention that I was there for a bacon roll and a cup of coffee.

Kind of related to what I mentioned earlier, but when me and my brother were kids, we used to borrow video games from our cousin. Usually, it was PS1 games like Gran Turismo 2, Crash Bandicoot 2, a few NASCAR games, and eventually Tourist Trophy and Red Faction on PS2. Usually, we would borrow them and then bring them back the next time we came back to his house. However, I think around 2005 or possibly even 2004, we borrowed Gran Turismo 2 and NASCAR 2000 from him for the very last time, and to date, we still haven't given them back to him for some reason. 🤔 On another note, I can't fully confirm if we borrowed these or not, but we got Tourist Trophy and Red Faction from him again around 2010 I think, and still haven't given them back either.

Mind you, we didn't intend to do this, it seems we all just forgot about it and my cousin apparently didn't care enough about them to ask for them back, I doubt he even has a console to play them on anymore anyways. In fact, I feel like I am the only one that still remembers this. So that's likely why they're still here with us creeping up on 20 years later. Truth be told, I have had them so long, I think I unconsciously put them on my list of games I have, even though they technically shouldn't be there.

I definitely don't condone this, I firmly believe that if you borrow something, you should give it back to that person, but I guess it slipped all of our minds back in the day. 🤷 To be fair though, I doubt my cousin is going to want them back and I'll be shocked if even remembers some of them anyways.

Last edited:
Back