1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
20190531_220223.jpg 20190531_220214.jpg Got the City today, picked up the VDubs a few days ago. There was also a B2TF delorean as well, but I passed it up when I got the VWs and it wasn't there today when I got the City.

Last edited:
This a thousand times. Don't really do HW mainlines anymore but it'll be a must have if they release it with the BTTC livery. :drool:
I'd say that it's an obvious choice. Whether they do it for the mainline or a premium we'll have to see.

Is Majorettes a good model brand? My local 7 Eleven always has loads of models, even had the GT models not too long ago. I always wonder if they’re worth the investment since they’re relatively cheap but I know nothing about these models and don’t have any interest in collecting them other than to resell for a profit.
I don’t think Majorettes have any potential for investment. They belong in the segment of low quality + low price, which barely has any cult following that is willing to pay a price high enough for the seller to earn anything. The only exception is Hot Wheels, but it is a much more famous brand, with a much larger following, and even then the possibility of any gains from investment greatly depends on the casting. Majorettes are much less desirable, which is probably why you saw them in bulks at 7-Eleven in the first place.

Don’t quote me on that though, I’m not really knowledgeable when it comes to the lower end of the 1/64 brands on market.

I don’t think Majorettes have any potential for investment. They belong in the segment of low quality + low price, which barely has any cult following that is willing to pay a price high enough for the seller to earn anything. The only exception is Hot Wheels, but it is a much more famous brand, with a much larger following, and even then the possibility of any gains from investment greatly depends on the casting. Majorettes are much less desirable, which is probably why you saw them in bulks at 7-Eleven in the first place.

Don’t quote me on that though, I’m not really knowledgeable when it comes to the lower end of the 1/64 brands on market.

Thank you, I appreciate your input.

I know nothing about model cars but there are plenty of Hotwheels and the like here, I think they’re probably manufactured in this country and getting ahold of a few nice models might have been a nice way to earn a few extra dollarydos, but if they aren’t worth it, I won’t bother.

The ROI on toy cars is generally very low. Only if you are lucky to have access to low-priced items that by dumb luck some popular social media influence says something really nice about something will the demand soar through the roof.

What I haven't factored into my previous sales is inflation rate over the years, and usually I find people don't factor that into their asking price, so although I may be asking $5 on top of how much I paid, the money I get back is likely or even weaker than the money I gave to the retail store back then.

Howdy ya’ll! :dopey: It’s that time of the year again! Me and my brother made another trip to the collectors antique mall yesterday for the first time in a while and it proved to be a successful run! Haven’t had one like this in years!

MiniTrek. Wanted one of these for years now and now I finally have one! While the paint is chipped in some places and most of the tampos are missing, I really love the color! I may remove the remaining tampos later and just the leave the paint as it is. $6
DDE4A474-A978-4120-A4D3-51BCBE43DF50.jpeg

Mercedes SLK. While the wheels have seen better days, I bought this one because the headlights and windshield glow in the dark and well, that’s just cool. $1
9DD17CEE-C400-4F44-AC55-5360D82A7F13.jpeg

Old Number 5. Got this one because it is a cool casting in near perfect shape and it was only $6! Don’t think I have this casting either.
76544938-5D98-42A7-B535-0387EAB9A9EB.jpeg

Tricar X8. I actually found it like this, not sure why the card was torn off but it was in the blister unopened. It was one I liked and did not have, not to mention it was unopened and for a price of only $10, I just had to! :D
0928CDB9-E689-4912-BBF5-09D5B770233F.jpeg

Landlord. Pretty much the same thing I said about the Tricar above. I really really like this one and this may just be my favorite one I got out of all of them! $10.
50B352C3-25A2-4674-9FFD-0F0AD7F3FA81.jpeg

Jet Sweep X5. Found this one in a small ziploc bag on the other side of the mall. While the front axle is bent out of shape and part of the spoiler is broke off, the rest of the casting is in amazing condition, near perfect I might add, and for a price of only $3, why the heck not?! This thing was just too awesome to ignore! I’m seriously tempted to do something about that front axle though….
20C9548D-08E6-45E7-B996-86AB8D7B80DA.jpeg

Tipper/Tipping Lorry. I got yet another one of these for customizing, I think this is the 3rd one I have of this particular one. Unlike the previous one, this one is going to be repainted and maybe get some new wheels. Love this truck and it is quite a fun casting to customize! $2.
16B22736-1BC6-4D2A-B3E0-F6344EC9C674.jpeg

Lamborghini Countach. Got it this one simply because I liked the color, it’s been a very long time since I have gotten another one of these. I almost got a yellow one of this one too. $1.19
8F412CCC-F4E3-470D-A71F-B22B9A5134D9.jpeg

Super Bubble Hauler. Yea I don’t know the name of this one, but it is one of several haulers Jack had and just recently put up. I’m always happy to find more of these things and this is one I have never even seen before. Condition is pretty good!
96E0F54F-DFD0-42A5-89BE-FBB2F5624C77.jpeg

Garbage Truck Hauler. Same as the other one above. Though it’s a pity the back part doesn’t move, it’s still pretty darn cool!
1EB1568A-F298-4F34-81B0-3C99CE82970E.jpeg

Milk Duds Hauler. Just like the other two. This one I am very pleased to have because I passed this one up back in 2011 and I have regretted it ever since. (I think I even talked about it here once) Now I finally have this casting and I am so happy!
270EA142-9055-4EF7-8CC3-951932417AD5.jpeg

I got all 3 of these Haulers in a bundle for $12.

Of course, I don’t talk about prices without posting my receipts, so here it is!
56586460-6F0B-4CBF-B91A-3BF004FFF849.jpeg

Probably one of the best runs I have had in a while! My brother also got a few I want to share later on and I have some interesting findings to show as well, really interesting ones....

Last edited:
Severely overpaid for most of the stuff.
Curious, but which ones specifically?
You should really rethink your strategies lol
Perhaps. :lol: I always have been a crazy spender as evidenced throughout this thread. I never have been an expert when it comes to the value of certain Hot Wheels.
All in all good stuff, tho
Thank you! :) I have even more interesting things to share sometime tomorrow. ;)

Last edited:
What's up! :D I got this just yesterday! :dopey: Hot Wheels Auto City 3 pack with 3 Ex-Corgi construction vehicles, 2 of which I rarely see pop up on Ebay, and some small accessories. I have to say, I really love to get anything from this series and I am thrilled to have this!
CC519239-0440-4EA7-99A9-5F24C805E99A.jpeg

Here are some individual pictures of each.

As a Hot Wheels casting, this one is known as the "Highway Builder", but as a Corgi, based on my research, they called it "Front End Loader" or "Shovel Loader". (if anyone knows anything else about it, please share) Always wanted one of these from the moment I saw it, it's such a fun little casting to play with and I love it! Seems like something I would have owned as a kid because I loved construction vehicles and this is no exception. As far as this particular ones goes, it's not one I see very often on Ebay.
85B640D5-EB26-4258-98F5-133C1B72516E.jpeg

This one is known to Hot Wheels as the "Road Roller", but as a Corgi, it went by the name "Rayco Rascal 500", it even says that on the base for this one. Mind you, Hot Wheels does have another casting called Road Roller, but they're not the same castings of course. While the wheels wobble a lot due to the design, it actually rolls better than I expected! Unlike the pre Mattel version from before Mattel acquired Corgi, the front part does not swivel freely I don't think, it appears to be locked in place. Like the loader above, this is not one I see very often either and it is one I am very happy to own! I think it's the only steamroller I have in my entire Hot Wheel collection.
72DCE1D4-4C35-4670-ABB4-943807A6964B.jpeg

Tipping Lorry is the name for this one for both Corgi and Hot Wheels, but I have seen Hot Wheels call it "Tipper", I would know because I bought one just recently, heck it's on this very page. :lol: This one doesn't excite me as much as the other two because I already bought one years ago and I see it pretty often. However, I did say I wanted to get another since my last one had a displaced axle and I am glad I finally have one. Unlike the other, I am keeping this one as it is.
C76A47F0-5C47-41D3-A5AB-1216FD6B1D62.jpeg

And of course, here are the accessories! I am going to keep the package for this set just so I don't lose the accessories.
FD8ADE47-B952-4DC1-9729-563C4B276A9F.jpeg

Very, very happy to own this and I hope maybe one day I can find these again to customize, I already have an idea for that Road Roller, but I won't do it with this one. This won't be the last you'll see of the Auto City series, I have another exciting piece coming in the mail next week and it's been a long time coming for me....

Edit: It's actually here already! :eek: Darn that was fast! I'll wait and post it separately.

Last edited:
This came in the mail just today and I thought it wouldn't be here until next week. I love it when things deliver fast! :D This is the other Auto City thing I mentioned in my post. Hot Wheels Auto City Action Squad Construction Site! As you can probably tell, it's a neat little set that can fold up for storage. It has a lot more going on than I expected!
A6FAA956-54FA-4B99-B534-9A0FDDE81153.jpeg

And here it is out of the package and completely unfolded. Loads of features for such a small package, it's pretty amusing! If anyone wants to know what something does, feel free to ask!
1B24315F-429B-44E7-B4B5-016B1112C15C.jpeg

And here it is folded up. Pretty small and pretty easy to store. I'm impressed!
7C8CC58B-14A6-4403-B79C-DCECD43D3604.jpeg

And here is the casting that came with it. It is yet another Ex-Corgi casting just like the other 3 I posted previously. It is known to Hot Wheels as the "Sandstinger" (not to be confused with "Sand Stinger"), but as a Corgi casting, it is called the "Barford Bison" and it even says that on the bucket. I have to admit, I have wanted this one for a LONG time now and it was actually what made me want to buy this set in the first place. It's a lot larger than I thought it would be! The steering wheel is flimsy as heck and I am beginning to see why it's sometimes broken off when I see it. Of course, the bed dumps forward as expected. It looks like something I would have owned as a kid. Pretty neat casting in my opinion!
F4AEB028-226B-42E9-B7BC-053631AE604A.jpeg

Love this casting, glad to finally own it and the set is even better than I expected! Overall, I am thoroughly satisfied with it all! :D I really hope I can get some of the others in the series, these sets are awesome!

Quick question: do you think there are more mature men collecting and modding these Hotwheels models than kids buying them to ramp into a dirt box in the garden?

Who really is the target demographic?

Full house today!
Pmxaxqq.jpg

The police got wind of this meet up, and came over to ensure people weren't causing a ruckus. Yet one of the officers secretly wanted to see the Bugatti Veyron...
owzVSJa.jpg

9Tg3QbV.jpg

4JiCxgn.jpg

"SUGOIIIIII"
FnW9ezE.jpg

Respect the classics. These examples have been kept in excellent condition.
gwT4U5H.jpg

Ferrari Squad. The F40 owner couldn't help but show off the legendary engine...
xZqcmUs.jpg

The Hyper Series.
M00KaG5.jpg

Holdens in Japan? That's unheard of!
XoDgS4w.jpg

TEAM NISMO
AIDqy7k.jpg
3Pmys1g.jpg

Two iconic nameplates.
rpUQyuj.jpg

Grand Touring never looked soo futuristic.
YdoER9w.jpg

Oh how supercars have evolved...

Quick question: do you think there are more mature men collecting and modding these Hotwheels models than kids buying them to ramp into a dirt box in the garden?

Who really is the target demographic?

More older men buying toy cars than little boys.

I think the target audience have shifted more in favour of adult collectors, the ones who have the dough and bad spending habits. The bonus is if they have kids who are shaping their taste in toy cars in this direction; high-end, expensive and "rare/limited edition".

Those wheels too. A massive improvement over the regular TLV version.

And I just noticed the spoiler is different too! There were so many of these at the toy fair, they’re going to be going for less than retail at your favourite scalpers soon.

And have you ordered the wide body hanamidai?

Latest Posts

Back