Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge! Completed! Thanks All!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 1,912 comments
  • 77,572 views
Filipe of the laps you did what times did you get I was getting 43/44s ;). James I got pole and won the 2 car race. I want more ST cars next time!
 
F_Filipe
And i need more practice, to avoid some mistakes ;)

Like I said team practice as soon as I get my TV and stuff setup.
 
Filipe of the laps you did what times did you get I was getting 43/44s ;). James I got pole and won the 2 car race. I want more ST cars next time!

I was getting 49/51 :lol:

What a difference :P
 
What track did you race on?
 
Mind me asking what kind of lap times were set? I just want to know A) if i stand a chance and B) if my setup will be competitive
 
5150S2K
Mind me asking what kind of lap times were set? I just want to know A) if i stand a chance and B) if my setup will be competitive
Whoops
 
Remember guys, pit stops aren't mandatory. I know that is a cheesy way to win, but you could have stayed out the entire race too.
 
Like on indy i'm running a 1:37 but still tuning
 
Were there more st class this time
 
That was basically a practice race. I'm sure we could have all went to the end on the same set of tires. Would have been close.
 
Like on indy i'm running a 1:37 but still tuning

In draft/on light fuel load, I was getting 1:35.7.

The pole lap time (fastest lap in quali) was a 1:36.0 by freshseth83.


The race pace was around 1:35-1:39. If you can get into that bracket, you stand a chance. :)
 
Oh sweet. Maybe i wont suck!
 
Mazda RX-8. still trying to decide between supercharged and turbo setups
 
Mazda RX-8. still trying to decide between supercharged and turbo setups

Yeah, you'll stay close with the rest of the field, in general. If you were in the Subaru, I'd say "use the corner exits" or the Aston; "Use the straights! Brake in a straight line!" But, none of those are relevant to your car.



Regardless, welcome to the series, and remember to draft when following behind people. Drafting will help you keep pace. Everyone in this series drafts. :)
 
Yeah, you'll stay close with the rest of the field, in general. If you were in the Subaru, I'd say "use the corner exits" or the Aston; "Use the straights! Brake in a straight line!" But, none of those are relevant to your car.



Regardless, welcome to the series, and remember to draft when following behind people. Drafting will help you keep pace. Everyone in this series drafts. :)

Hypermiling? lol plus with drafting you can hear me sing the tune of 10,000rpm when i pass. (if i pass)
 
Hypermiling? lol plus with drafting you can hear me sing the tune of 10,000rpm when i pass. (if i pass)

I drive the RX-8 in the Rolex series, I know exactly what you mean. 👍


And, it's not hypermiling, it's fighting for every tenth.


Final advice: stay on track at the start. :) Track position (being in front at the start) is helpful, and then see how it plays out. If your lap times start gaining seconds (from 1:37s, to 1:40s, for example,) that's a good idea of when to pit. :)
 
Final advice: stay on track at the start. :) Track position (being in front at the start) is helpful, and then see how it plays out. If your lap times start gaining seconds (from 1:37s, to 1:40s, for example,) that's a good idea of when to pit. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. Haven't done any good endurance racing online. Trial by fire i guess. Guess i can practice too and see how i do.
 
I was doing well, at Indy, (the test race we just had) but I braked late, and got in the sand, then my tires were sandy, and I went off again. That cost me the race; don't do that, and you'll probably get podiums every time. :)
 
When you're racing with others it's tough because you use tires up a but more. Even the hards. So your best bet is to come to a compromise.
 
When you're racing with others it's tough because you use tires up a but more. Even the hards. So your best bet is to come to a compromise.

This is true, if you're focused on passing them, or in a high-downforce car. Thankfully, this series doesn't run any aerodynamic devices to create downforce, so drafting is still worth it.



Remember to brake earlier than the car in front, though, because braking LATER will cause you to overshoot, after drafting, which WILL damage your tires.
 
I've decided to just have my own team. Reason being that i wont be able to participate all the time sobi dont want to leave my team mates hanging. Still gunna be screaming with my rotary though
 
I've decided to just have my own team. Reason being that i wont be able to participate all the time sobi dont want to leave my team mates hanging. Still gunna be screaming with my rotary though

Nice. I'll help with anything. I know rotaries VERY well. My friend has an RX-7... on Korean tires... Tip: don't buy Korean tires.
 
5150S2K and I have decided to come toghether and be co-owners toghether. We will be talking about drivers that could drive in his place when he is unable to drive.
 
Anybody be up for a test/tune session tonight
 
I won't be participating in this series any longer.
 
Back