Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

That sucks. I've done the RB26DETT into an S13. I've got an LS1 RX7. Also have SRT10 powered RAM 1500. What's next?

Yeah and I don't know have any idea what I did wrong :P

Nice cars you've made.. I'm thinking of a RWD R34 with a V8 (Probably the Aussie V8 Supercar race motor) for drifting.. Of course it will have a spoiler delete and a wider chasses 👍

I've put the R35 Calsonic GTR engine (you can use any GT500 GTR engine) into my GTR black edition to give it that dirty rasp.

Saw an SLS AMG online last night which sounded so meaty. Had the V8 engine from the Camero SS I think.

Problem online is "Hacked" usually means HP modified to 24k hp then draggin on a straight, hard to believe people spend time doing that.

I dont see anybody at all online repping legit swaps and nobody goes in the "legit swaps" room I make.

Whats GT coming to? 24k hp stupidity.

Talking about modding the SLS, it's actually pretty cool to swap an electric engine into it to replicate the SLS E-Cell. I did it, it's weird to drive in some ways, and pretty slow for its power numbers (had to push it to 750hp to get decent acceleration, but the car is still slower than a stock SLS AMG). The sound is annoying at most rev ranges, but it's what you'd expect from an electric car I guess? :P

The gearbox is still stock, so it's an electric car with 7 gears. I prefer it that way, as you can dose power better than with just one D gear.

I put the stock diesel from the 120d into the ft-86. A very whopping 120hp... and an awesome diesel sound!

I did swap that engine into my Tank Car. Now it's a cool cruiser. Very slow, but pretty cool. :lol:

Talking about modding the SLS, it's actually pretty cool to swap an electric engine into it to replicate the SLS E-Cell. I did it, it's weird to drive in some ways, and pretty slow for its power numbers (had to push it to 750hp to get decent acceleration, but the car is still slower than a stock SLS AMG). The sound is annoying at most rev ranges, but it's what you'd expect from an electric car I guess? :P

Great idea. 👍

I'm guessing you swapped the electric motor from the Tesla? Why not the GT by Citroen Concept? That thing has a monster of an electric motor! :sly:

FGT has a V12 (plus bad sound).
Both Ferrari F1's have a V8 engine.

Also for the Hennesey the Chevrolet Nascar engine gives realistic BHP without using the HP multiplier.

My apology, I actually thought the 2007 Ferrari had a V10. But we all make mistakes. It happens. Thanks for the correction :)

New USCR Race Cars
Since the ALMS and Grand-Am are becoming USCR, I figured I'd give out a really kool one.

Ferrari 458 GT
Engine: McLaren F1 Stealth
Chassis: Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car
HP: Round 460HP
KG: 1245KG

New USCR Race Cars
Since the ALMS and Grand-Am are becoming USCR, I figured I'd give out a really kool one.

Ferrari 458 GT

Now it does not sound like a Ferrari *sad Panda*

New USCR Race Cars

Ferrari 458 GT

Sounds ok. I'd prefer the Aston Martin engine, but I don't know the rules and regs of USCR.

Come on. There are numerous threads about how to setup gears.. Just search them. If you are running a totally overpowered car:
- reset your gearbox
- get the (translated from memory into english) "max speed" to the right/highest setting.
- get your (at least last two or three) gears (of the highest ones) set up just to the max (=all the way to the right)..

Should get you going. If not, befriend the search function..

*edit* if your car has way too much power, you'll inevitably hit the engine limiter. Setting up gears beyond that point, is beyond the AUP ;)

Last edited:
I put together a Beast, goal being a high performing Hybrid that carves up the Track. Too many fast hybrids that turn like school busses. I wanted something to pull out when the big dogs come out to play.

Base car is a RX-7 Spirit R Type A 02

Chassis was sourced from the RE RX-7
The Suspension is STD with the Tranny and LSD

The engine is the Corvette V8 sourced from the Camaro SS LM Race Car
Turbo Boosted into 1100hp

DF and Super Soft Racing Tires have been hacked in to complete the Beast.

First track session tuning produced a 100% clean 1:21.1XX Lap of Indy Roadway

Pics and video coming soon

Last edited:
I put together a Beast, goal being a high performing Hybrid that carves up the Track. Too many fast hybrids that turn like school busses. I wanted something to pull out when the big dogs come out to play.

Base car is a RX-7 Spirit R Type A 02

Chassis was sourced from the RE RX-7
The Suspension is STD with the Tranny and LSD

The engine is the Corvette V8 sourced from the Camaro SS LM Race Car
Turbo Boosted into 1100hp

DF and Super Soft Racing Tires have been hacked in to complete the Beast.

First track session tuning produced a 100% clean 1:21.1XX Lap of Indy Roadway

Pics and video coming soon

Not that hard to run a super clean lap with SSR tires. Try again with Sport Soft. ;)

Now it does not sound like a Ferrari *sad Panda*

Listen to the 458 GTE at le mans. Its pretty close, not true but close. I'd love to see people find an engine sound that isn't garbage. Its just hard. Personally, the F1 Stealth fits RPM and almost tone of a blistering 458 that flies by you

Sounds ok. I'd prefer the Aston Martin engine, but I don't know the rules and regs of USCR.

Pretty much the same rules as ALMS. USCR starts next year with the Merge of ALMS and Grand-Am. Thing DP with P2 and the GT from ALMS stay the same. GT from Grand-Am goes with GTC in ALMS.

Not that hard to run a super clean lap with SSR tires. Try again with Sport Soft. ;)

I think 1:21.XXX is decent enuff with any tires lololol I think ur missing the point, besides the car would be a rodeo ride on sport softs, racing softs shes just fine, but thats besides the point, its my game Bro, Im not after the drive everything on sport soft like some are. As I said most highly done up Hybrids are school buses that go super fast in a straight line but ride the walls through the turns, that's with all the hacking possible let alone SSR Tires lol MY GOAL was to build up an extreme Hybrid that was super fast, but could also carve up corners so fast it wont be legit to race.... Run a 1:21.XXX clean or faster then tell me its not quick. Keeping in mind I don't use HP modifier codes and my engine fits in the car I stuffed it in. It gets to such speeds so fast that you have to be fast on the wheel and the Hybrid need be built well.

Im just enjoying the game Bro 👍 If you wanna run everything on sport soft or feel the need to point out "do that on sport soft" tires anytime something is posted using anything above, you need to let people enjoy their game Bro......

Last edited:
I made an Aristo/GS300 with a Nissan R92cp chassis and engine swap,perfect sleeper 4 door! I beat the 750pp Sarthe seasonal easily. Great fun!

Swapped the Leaf's motor into an i-MiEV. Great idea as it is now my main 400PP car for the A-Spec challenges. Great speed, good acceleration, and decent cornering. If anyone knows of a good chassis to place on the i-MiEV to give it better handling, then by all means let me know! :sly:👍

Im just enjoying the game Bro 👍 If you wanna run everything on sport soft or feel the need to point out "do that on sport soft" tires anytime something is posted using anything above, you need to let people enjoy their game Bro......

Suit yourself. But you come on here flashing "fast" lap times on Super Soft Racing tires and you get no kudos from me. Do it on Sport Soft and then your skills will show through. Any monkey can be quick on super glue tires. Lesser tires, more respect.

To each their own.

Suit yourself. But you come on here flashing "fast" lap times on Super Soft Racing tires and you get no kudos from me. Do it on Sport Soft and then your skills will show through. Any monkey can be quick on super glue tires. Lesser tires, more respect.

To each their own.

That's my line about the monkeys...:sly:

Posted this elsewhere but I think I missed here, speaking of doing it on SS tires:

Time for the rubber to hit the road and find out just what these "realistic" hybrids can do against standard tuned cars. I'm willing to put in the time and effort to organize it and participate and if you know me, you know it'll be clean, well organized racing. No 3500hp/550PP cars here, just realistic creations that fit into the standard 450-600 PP regs on SH to RH tires, tuned for circuit and oval racing, if there's enough interest.

If you're interested as a Designer, Tuner or Driver, check out the thread below in the Interest Checks Forum. Hope to see you there!!!

[post=8311754]Hybrids vs. Standard Tuned Cars - Let's Race!!!![/post]​

What aspect of a car makes it a super car or a kart? Is it the chassis or the body?

While the body may contribute some downforce and reduce drag in real life (debatable whether PD programmed this in or not), the chassis defines the performance capabilities of the car, outside the motor of course. Chassis would include aerodynamic downforce of course. This is assuming you can optimally tune the drivetrain and transmission to exact all the performance available.

I've been scoping around on the internet to see if there's a way to possibly remove the restriction on Karts and Ferrari F1s that prohibit them from racing on regular A-Spec and B-Spec events. So far my research has turned up fruitless. I'm not asking how to do it, I'm just asking if it's possible. It would be nice to run the Dream Car Championship with an F2007, or own some compact cars with a 100cc Kart.

Back