Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

I made the Monster Miata that no Hybrid garage is complete without. Been actually seeing these guys around since the early 90's when one garage, all they did was make Monster Miata 5.0's stuffing Mustang engines in Miata lol

I went with the Ford 427 :sly: OMG the sound :scared:

The next up was a Car that probably needed hybriding more than most.

The IROC-Z Camaro

The weak engine in this thing is pitiful, gone in the trash, replaced with a Carb L89 out of the 63 Corvette racecar. Nasty Sound and tire shredding power. Finally this car is worth taking out for a drive..

Another bad-ass muscle car engine is the Chapparal 2D. Great Engine to Toss into a car.

Another bad-ass muscle car engine is the Chapparal 2D. Great Engine to Toss into a car.

Wow, been a while I ain't looked into the Chapp. Like since GT4 and I hadn't played that for a few years before Prologue came out.

What Block is it running?

Both Chapparals are mental on torque. The 2J would be the one I'd go for, as it's much more powerful, and the torque is rated at a monstrous 577ft-lbs stock! Oh, and the engine is an aluminum-block 8.1 liter Chevy V8.

Try to put twincharger ( supercharger + mid rpm turbo ) or twin turbo kit (mid or high rpm ) on IROC Camaro engine, the torque can reach more than 800ft -lb or was it over 900 ... if I recall correctly :)

Try to put twincharger ( supercharger + mid rpm turbo ) or twin turbo kit (mid or high rpm ) on IROC Camaro engine, the torque can reach more than 800ft -lb or was it over 900 ... if I recall correctly :)

It likes BOOST :crazy: I think I might just do that when another shows up in the UDC sounds nutso.

"""aluminum-block 8.1 liter Chevy V8"""

"Now you're cooking with Peanut Oil"

Wow, been a while I ain't looked into the Chapp. Like since GT4 and I hadn't played that for a few years before Prologue came out.

What Block is it running?

Its a 326 Chevrolet Small Block Inline-6. Great engine even though Im anti-Chevy lol.

Another nice engine for the Muscle Cars is the Cobra 427 V8. Not to bad either. I have a pretty infinite knowledge on GT5s engines (Excluding Asian Brands) and such when it comes to the right sound and power. I even Made a Daytona Prototype (Will Post in next Post)

Daytona Prototype
Buy a Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car and Build it off that (MUST DO THIS)
Bodies: Sauber C9 (Ford/Riley DP) or Nissan R89C (BMW/Riley DP)
Chassis: Pescarolo Courage C60-Peugeot
Everything else should be the Ford Test Car. (MUST USE TEST CAR FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE)

HP: 500
KG: 900(For Next Year USCR) or 1030(Current Rolex Weight KG)

Both Chapparals are mental on torque. The 2J would be the one I'd go for, as it's much more powerful, and the torque is rated at a monstrous 577ft-lbs stock! Oh, and the engine is an aluminum-block 8.1 liter Chevy V8.

2Js nice, but the sound grinds more than the 2D. Its nice but not as true to the original Chaparral Muscle that lived on in the 60's. And are you talking bout the 2D having an 8.1 V8? Cause it didn't. 2J I don't know about if that's the one your mentioning (not trying to sound mean btw, I just have serious OCD so gotta correct everything lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
2Js nice, but the sound grinds more than the 2D. Its nice but not as true to the original Chaparral Muscle that lived on in the 60's. And are you talking bout the 2D having an 8.1 V8? Cause it didn't. 2J I don't know about if that's the one your mentioning (not trying to sound mean btw, I just have serious OCD so gotta correct everything lol)

Not sure what the 2D has, but I was saying that the 2J packed a massive aluminum-block 8.1 liter Chevy V8.

My list from last night(just found out about this yesterday) :
Fc rx7 + 787b motor
Honda s500 + amuse s2k motor
Lightning + Leno tank car motor
Toms chaser + supra rz motor
Elise 111r + Ferrari f10 motor
Audio rs6 avant + bugatti Veyron motor
Sil-180 + c west razo s15 motor
Honda life Wagon + nsxr drive train + motor

Can't wait to do more!

Not sure what the 2D has, but I was saying that the 2J packed a massive aluminum-block 8.1 liter Chevy V8.

Yea your rite about the 2J. But like my previous message said, the 2D had a 326 Chevrolet Small Block Inline-6. Pretty impressive for a classic endurance racer.

My list from last night(just found out about this yesterday) :
Fc rx7 + 787b motor
Honda s500 + amuse s2k motor
Lightning + Leno tank car motor
Toms chaser + supra rz motor
Elise 111r + Ferrari f10 motor
Audio rs6 avant + bugatti Veyron motor
Sil-180 + c west razo s15 motor
Honda life Wagon + nsxr drive train + motor

Can't wait to do more!

Kewl list, but uh, Ive never heard of an Audio RS6. That some French car lol? jk just messin with ya

Yea your rite about the 2J. But like my previous message said, the 2D had a 326 Chevrolet Small Block Inline-6. Pretty impressive for a classic endurance racer.

Not even 500HP and the 2D could keep up with much more powerful race cars thanks to it's near-perfect weight distribution.

Kewl list, but uh, Ive never heard of an Audio RS6. That some French car lol? jk just messin with ya

Lol stupid auto correct. Also:
Toyota 2000gt w/ lfa motor(glorious!)
'70 skyline w/ nur spec gtr motor
'70 Honda z act w/ 787b motor @ 3000hp. All it needs is a parachute.!

Chaparral 2D chassis works in both the CTR and CTR 2

Pescarolo C60 works in the 70 Challenger

Bentley Speed 8 works in the 69 z/28, SS

I have a solstice with a 04 gto engine swap. Its a pretty fun car now with the gto engine and normal gto power. I didn't make it a friend did.

Lol stupid auto correct. Also:
Toyota 2000gt w/ lfa motor(glorious!)
'70 skyline w/ nur spec gtr motor
'70 Honda z act w/ 787b motor @ 3000hp. All it needs is a parachute.!

LOL parachute.

USCR ALMS Corvette ZR1 C6.R Update
Okay, upon my previous postes, Ive decided to go with something a little more different since I run this im my series, so heres an Update on how my interpretation of the Corvette ZR1 C6.R should be.
You'll need GT5 SaveGame Fixer 1.3 for this
Engine: Corvette ZR1 RM
HP*X: 3 (For Torque Detune, Car can still be made without but wont feel the same)
Chassis: Honda Weider HSV-010
Power: 495HP
Weight: 1245KG

Chaparral 2D chassis works in both the CTR and CTR 2

Pescarolo C60 works in the 70 Challenger

Bentley Speed 8 works in the 69 z/28, SS

I would so love to use the 2D for a BTR, i just wish it didnt have the low weight. Im all about realisim, so I wish it were around 1150KG so i could bump it up to ALMS Minumum weight of 1245KG.

Not even 500HP and the 2D could keep up with much more powerful race cars thanks to it's near-perfect weight distribution.

Definetly. It was such an Impressive car. It was the GT40 of Nurburgring. Many cars have shown something others couldnt over the years.
1960's GT40/2D
1970's Porsche 917
1980's Porsche 956 & 962
1990's Mazda 787B & McLaren F1 GTR
2000's Dodge Viper GTS-R, Corvette C5-R/C6.R & Audi R8
2010's Audi R18
So many have proven themselves worthy over the years to be amazing peices of work. Of course in the later years it became more about money than a pure race machine. Its why I added the Viper in there. It wasnt nearly funded as the Corvette was and a Works team raced it to the Checkered race after race.

I built a Interesting one

High End Performance G37
Original Engine / Boost pressure turned up (NOT HP multiplier)
952hp/618ft/lb

Boost Gauge adjusted to read Full Boost

That Takes care of the Power. I kept the STD Engine and just turned up the boost, I've tossed around engines so much it's cool to just improve upon whats already there instead of just tossing in something else.

I swapped over the ATTESA Full AWD System from the R35, using adjustable upgrades. Front AND Center Diff now fully adjustable. The R35's lightning fast Dual Clutch Transmission blazes through gears in half a blink of the eye.

Original Chassis, Suspension keeping it legit. IMHO (and not hating on anybody) it's weird how its a norm to grab a racing cars chassis from any car that fits well then call it a legit Hybrid. It ain't legit in my eyes unless the racecar the chassis is sourced from is build off the car your hybridding.

Anybody else feel this way, or is the engine swap being feasible all that people care about when considering the swap "legit"?

Last edited:
@ Esgaloth - Just a heads up man, double and triple posting is frowned upon around here, and quadruple posting is just insane. :lol: Try to use the multi-quote feature or the edit button. 👍

I built a Interesting one

High End Performance G37
Original Engine / Boost pressure turned up (NOT HP multiplier)
952hp/618ft/lb

Boost Gauge adjusted to read Full Boost

That Takes care of the Power. I kept the STD Engine and just turned up the boost, I've tossed around engines so much it's cool to just improve upon whats already there instead of just tossing in something else.

I swapped over the ATTESA Full AWD System from the R35, using adjustable upgrades. Front AND Center Diff now fully adjustable. The R35's lightning fast Dual Clutch Transmission blazes through gears in half a blink of the eye.

Original Chassis, Suspension keeping it legit. IMHO (and not hating on anybody) it's weird how its a norm to grab a racing cars chassis from any car that fits well then call it a legit Hybrid. It ain't legit in my eyes unless the racecar the chassis is sourced from is build off the car your hybridding.

Anybody else feel this way, or is the engine swap being feasible all that people care about when considering the swap "legit"?

Depending on the Car I agree. If the intention is to turn a street car into a track mod, go for it, but i prefer to only mess with broken race cars to make them better or take street cars that should have had racing varients. Like the 458 for example. I understand goofing off and throwing a race chassis under a 86 GT or whatever. I just dont like doing it for the soul purpose to win, use it on your own. Alotta people do it to troll. Why cant people do something productive? Thats why i take cars like the 458 or DB9 and put the Ford GT Race car under them so that i can race them with my friends Ive sent them to in a real Le Mans race, or FIA GT2. I have a Sauber C9 built off the Ford GT Test car with a Courage C60 Chassis @ 500HP so I could see what a Daytona Prototype might have been like. Its some serious fun, & I regulate it to be far with courage C60 and Judd GV5 so it can be an ideal LMP2. Not many people see the plause as to why it should be realistic. Honestly, I dont think they car. :( Its also another reason why I dont use tyres past Racing Hards unless its an LMP1 at 600HP. (Then RM Tyres) Realism is my main goal.

@R1600, I didnt know sorry. And how would I multi quote?

Depending on the Car I agree. If the intention is to turn a street car into a track mod, go for it, but i prefer to only mess with broken race cars to make them better or take street cars that should have had racing varients. Like the 458 for example. I understand goofing off and throwing a race chassis under a 86 GT or whatever. I just dont like doing it for the soul purpose to win, use it on your own. Alotta people do it to troll. Why cant people do something productive? Thats why i take cars like the 458 or DB9 and put the Ford GT Race car under them so that i can race them with my friends Ive sent them to in a real Le Mans race, or FIA GT2. I have a Sauber C9 built off the Ford GT Test car with a Courage C60 Chassis @ 500HP so I could see what a Daytona Prototype might have been like. Its some serious fun, & I regulate it to be far with courage C60 and Judd GV5 so it can be an ideal LMP2. Not many people see the plause as to why it should be realistic. Honestly, I dont think they car. :( Its also another reason why I dont use tyres past Racing Hards unless its an LMP1 at 600HP. (Then RM Tyres) Realism is my main goal.

To multi quote, you can manually copy the "Quote" boxes and the beginning and end of the first quote, put one and the beginning and end of each quote. There is a quote button highlight what you want to quote and put in the member name with an "=" before it and its all set.

I'm right there with you.

I do what I can to keep it logical, and as feasible as possible.

A Race Mod Hybrid, is just that a "Race Mod Hybrid" where legit is tossed out the window in favor of whatever it takes to kill lap times. I got one of those too but that's different in my eyes (as yours) to a legit swap.

We got to start Categorizing these Hybrids

Legit (Like a STOCK, or LIGHT modded LS1 swapped in a RX-7)
Legit Extream (That LS1 RX-7 done up to 1100hp without the use of hp multiplier coding)
Race Mod Legit (legit to car Racing Parts, like a Camaro LM Chass on a STD Camaro)
Race Mod Extreme (Any Part from Any source to make her faster)

Hyper Car (HP Modifier and all that 300000K hp stuff)

To multi quote, you can manually copy the "Quote" boxes and the beginning and end of the first quote, put one and the beginning and end of each quote. There is a quote button highlight what you want to quote and put in the member name with an "=" before it and its all set.

I'm right there with you.

I do what I can to keep it logical, and as feasible as possible.

A Race Mod Hybrid, is just that a "Race Mod Hybrid" where legit is tossed out the window in favor of whatever it takes to kill lap times. I got one of those too but that's different in my eyes (as yours) to a legit swap.

We got to start Categorizing these Hybrids

Legit (Like a STOCK, or LIGHT modded LS1 swapped in a RX-7)
Legit Extream (That LS1 RX-7 done up to 1100hp without the use of hp multiplier coding)
Race Mod Legit (legit to car Racing Parts, like a Camaro LM Chass on a STD Camaro)
Race Mod Extreme (Any Part from Any source to make her faster)

Hyper Car (HP Modifier and all that 300000K hp stuff)

Thanks and I totally agree. People go for theExtreme or Hyper car settings so they look like a boss, but all that really does is make you look like a n00b. Its ok to do it on your own, but not a lobby and such. In my eyes, another example would be like this
Camaro ZL1 (LS9 Engine & Better sports kit)
Corvette ZR1 C6.R (Weider Chassis & Detuned ZR1 RM Motor for less Torque)

I would so love to use the 2D for a BTR, i just wish it didnt have the low weight. Im all about realisim, so I wish it were around 1150KG so i could bump it up to ALMS Minumum weight of 1245KG.

Two things:

First, it doesn't work on the BTR because of the BTR's rear track being so wide. It looks dumb because the wheels tuck too far into the fenders.

Second, it is realistic when you add ballast. The Porsche RSR from the mid seventies was under 900kg (I can't remember the exact number) so having a 911 between 870 and 970kg is realistic. My 550 yellow bird is only running about 320hp, but it's a nice ride.

Those sound like stuff the PP reading would be legit enough to race online with. Hacked yes, but no hack in advantage, just great recreations of cars driving on the road.

I'm just surprised to see rooms called "Legit" swaps online only to find 1500hp cars with grip multipliers active saying the cars are legit because they don't have 300000000000000hp. Is that all? I have come across another like us with a RB26DETT swapped Datsun, 2 of us neck and neck at 240mph full tilt at SSRX, good times online in a hybrid, times like that give me faith some legit seaports are out there.

All the hybrids I post are if not 100% feasible they are direct recreations of actual cars on the road. If you show up at Time Attack with a LS1 Swapped RX-7, they still going to window marker a number on your car.

Last edited:

If you are on the website itself, click the little symbol on the bottom of each post that look like two quote bubbles, then hit the "Reply" button and it will put all those posts in a single post. 👍

All the hybrids I post are if not 100% feasible they are direct recreations of actual cars on the road. If you show up at Time Attack with a LS1 Swapped RX-7, they still going to window marker a number on your car.

That's why I am a huge fan of this. Back in my misspent youth when I used to allegedly street race, a dude showed up with a modded RX7.

It had a turbo charged truck motor in it, of course I had no idea of that at the time. It was STUPID fast in a straight line and in the turns. I ran into the owner many years later and I was sad to hear that it had burned to the ground when a fuel line burst.

That's why I am a huge fan of this. Back in my misspent youth when I used to allegedly street race, a dude showed up with a modded RX7.

It had a turbo charged truck motor in it, of course I had no idea of that at the time. It was STUPID fast in a straight line and in the turns. I ran into the owner many years later and I was sad to hear that it had burned to the ground when a fuel line burst.

Sounds nuts. I been into swapped rides since I saw a Miata 5.0L. I thought how much that embodies Hot Rodding and I was hooked. I was a Teen at the time and wanted a Miata 5.0l more than anything but then I had a growth spurt and well 6 foot 4 I don't fit in a Miata anymore lol. RX-7 on the other hand I manage. 5.0L well maybe in '90's it was alright (not really) but a LS6 would be ideal today.

Two things:

First, it doesn't work on the BTR because of the BTR's rear track being so wide. It looks dumb because the wheels tuck too far into the fenders.

Second, it is realistic when you add ballast. The Porsche RSR from the mid seventies was under 900kg (I can't remember the exact number) so having a 911 between 870 and 970kg is realistic. My 550 yellow bird is only running about 320hp, but it's a nice ride.

Not exactly, I was attempting to recreate a more modern GT2 911 since its the only one that getsd a big wing. Not like it matters now. Yall best drop your cars since PDs playing mine sweeper with us now

So how are you guys gunna react to PDs ban warning? I sadly deleted all my cars :( I didn't wanna risk it, saw two friends get banned today. So, I guess I'll leave a few car ideas here, but none I'll make. Still, I'll leave this one as a personaly favorite.

51 Vipers slow right?
Throw the 91 Vipers Chassis and Engine in it. FIXED

This car has been giving me a headache for a long time:
Nissan R32 on the Subaru Impreza STI '10 : Both wheels fit cleanly behind the fenders, the back wheels need roughly .8 camber to fit completely however. And its slightly less illegal because it doesn't use a DLC car. :lol:

Just finished it, will post pictures if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Back