Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

Yes, thank you, your are 100% correct it works that way, I have done a few RW conversion already, issue with this method is that the car still shows as a 4WD in the spec even if it drives as a RW.

Still, I am interested in how MSTER232 has done his Mitsubishi.

How is your PS3 coming back to life, are we going to see you next Monday?

I have R33 Skyline in RWD - replica of GTS25t, still shows as 4wd even with swapped RWD chassis + drivetrain, the spec screen must have separate code :)

I'm having difficulties removing the heat spreader on the CELL, risky job to do, some friends told me the PS3 should work again after the dried thermal paste is replaced - apparently my PS3 shutdown issues was mainly caused by CPU heat problem ( not properly cooled - bad quality paste). If after replacing the thermal paste do not fix the issue, I will have to buy another slim PS3, as I want to use the old one as spare parts :) - BD drive, PSU, front panel assembly, most of them works just fine. Might be online in a few weeks :)

When doing a AWD conversion install the adjustable center diff before you source the layout/drivetrain code. The adjustable center diff is in the layout code, basically its a 2 in 1 lol

I Got ALL Stealth, Chrome Line, and GT Academy Cars through HEX. I figured out a way to get them last night and got them all. Well I deleted all but one GT Academy car, they all suck except the Special GTR with the Stealth Model paint job.

Kyoto-Shoren-in_zpsc2962b10.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_1_zps469e90ed.jpg

Chrome Line ha a nice Cobra & R8

Bern-MarketStreet_zps45228249.jpg

When doing a AWD conversion install the adjustable center diff before you source the layout/drivetrain code. The adjustable center diff is in the layout code, basically its a 2 in 1 lol

Not following you totally here, what do you mean by before?
When still in the game? As a first step in the hybriding process?
Since we are trying to convert a AWD, would the central Diff not be there already anyway?
What do you mean by source the layout?
If you prefer you can PM me the answer(s).:)

Not following you totally here, what do you mean by before?
When still in the game? As a first step in the hybriding process?
Since we are trying to convert a AWD, would the central Diff not be there already anyway?
What do you mean by source the layout?
If you prefer you can PM me the answer(s).:)

I build my Hybrids with HxD no hack app. To do a AWD conversion, I have to source the code I want to use. I get in the car and save the game, then load my save and take the code for the part I want from it.

In the case of AWD with an adjustable center diff the code for the layout/drivetrain is also the center diff code. A Stock GTR for example does NOT have an adjustable center diff, when you install one in the game, it changes the layout/drivetrain code to be adjustable.

If you source the standard part, it will only be adjustable through HEX (a real PITA) if you use the adjustable code, you cant tune it from the settings screen, but you CAN tune it while driving with the pop up tune menu, this saves the setting.

I ran into a Mclaren F1 engined M3 CSL the other day, it was awesome.

Also tried swapping the Veyron engine into the 5.2 R8... Don't try this if you don't plan on changing anything else, the transmission was loud as heck and the steering was terribad.

I ran into a Mclaren F1 engined M3 CSL the other day, it was awesome.

Also tried swapping the Veyron engine into the 5.2 R8... Don't try this if you don't plan on changing anything else, the transmission was loud as heck and the steering was terribad.

But the Bugatti's heart into the Golf R ..... Just kidding don't, it's ridiculous.

Still, I am interested in how MSTER232 has done his Mitsubishi.

The way I did it is that I swapped the drivetrain from any RWD car and it instantly makes the car you are hybriding RWD without the need to input hex codes.

This method is really useful to quickly make RWD cars but as mentioned before it still shows up as the car's original drivetrain (I believe this is a fixed value entered into GT5 database, but the car is RWD).

As for the Mitsubishi itself, I used the engine off the TOM'S Supra (JTCC) '97 and used the Supra RZ '97 chassis. It looks a little weird because the tyres aren't in the middle of the tyre arch as you would expect them to be (It's slightly closer to the middle and sticks out but not usually noticeable when drifting).

Yesterday I tried making a 240,000hp...wait for it...

...Honda Life Step Van. :lol:

I swapped in the engine from the Red Bull X2010, and used a HP multiplier to give it that much power. The trouble was, instead of breaking the sound barrier, it just sat there spinning its wheels, and could barely reach 100km/h as its tyres felt like they were made of Teflon.

So, I tried a grip multiplier. I started off with 255x grip, and ended up doing backflips, so I turned it down to 50x, and suffered wheelspin again. I went for 100x and then finally 150x when I had enough grip for a decent launch, but now the damn thing shakes like it's had an overdose of Red Bull when I use the bumper/cockpit cameras. :lol:

DK
Yesterday I tried making a 240,000hp...wait for it...

...Honda Life Step Van. :lol:

I swapped in the engine from the Red Bull X2010, and used a HP multiplier to give it that much power. The trouble was, instead of breaking the sound barrier, it just sat there spinning its wheels, and could barely reach 100km/h as its tyres felt like they were made of Teflon.

So, I tried a grip multiplier. I started off with 255x grip, and ended up doing backflips, so I turned it down to 50x, and suffered wheelspin again. I went for 100x and then finally 150x when I had enough grip for a decent launch, but now the damn thing shakes like it's had an overdose of Red Bull when I use the bumper/cockpit cameras. :lol:

Well that was very successful...

i modded a buick gxr slammed it gave it 700 bhp matte black twin turbo wider chassis removed hood gave it the dial of a x1 insider (because its a stander u can edit inside) looks amazing

Well that was very successful...

I got the idea from a GT4 fanfic by Rykon Zero, where there's this Honda Life Step Van known as the "Armageddon Van". It has been known to tear through the JSSDF.

DK
I got the idea from a GT4 fanfic by Rykon Zero, where there's this Honda Life Step Van known as the "Armageddon Van". It has been known to tear through the JSSDF.

JSSDF? GT4 fanfic? What the actual 🤬?!

Edit: Sorry for the bit of off-topicosity

Just kidding! But seriously, just what and why?

5-Dime SR20DET
Spent a while looking for this must have, and finally got a few of them :sly:

Just having fun at the Tuner Races GV, had a little race with a S2K

GrandValleySpeedway_zps2a2e5503.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_1_zps026856b5.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_2_zpseebbe4d7.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_3_zpsbbd1de9b.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_5_zps7ba31d88.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_4_zpse5f61354.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_6_zps8cb8ce99.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_7_zps80c65560.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_8_zpse1e58a81.jpg

The Classic GT-R
She needed a RB26DET & ATTESA touche of love

CircuitdelaSarthe2005_5_zpsf4d3a230.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2005_2_zpsa5a708e0.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2005_4_zpsccd5d22e.jpg

PD Needs to give this Bad car a bit of a refresh on the rendering.

Last edited:
Want a really great car for 550 racing? Peugeot 908 HDi chassis under the Challenger SRT8. Then just tune the SRT8. I added 200kg back onto the car and no engine mods.

Sweet ride.

Want a really great car for 550 racing? Peugeot 908 HDi chassis under the Challenger SRT8. Then just tune the SRT8. I added 200kg back onto the car and no engine mods.

Sweet ride.

Not my Style. Swapping in a race car chassis from something like that kills the car making it into a car from Burnout. The chassis holds much of the cars character and swapping in a Peugeot Race Car Chassis under an American Challenger is near sacrilegious.

Never in my LIFE have I heard of Prototype Racecar chassis being the base of an American Muscle Car build lmfao

C'mon Folks Keep the Swaps Legit, or why not just play Forza or Shift

No chassis swaps are legit. I have a R10 HDI in my challenger. I removed the downforce and added weight. She sits at 1387 kg and is as American as ever.

Hei
No chassis swaps are legit. I have a R10 HDI in my challenger. I removed the downforce and added weight. She sits at 1387 kg and is as American as ever.

Is that?

"No" , "Chassis swaps are legit"

OR

"No chassis swaps are legit."

The first one with a comma I HIGHLY disagree with, the second I agree with but with a little asterix.

NOTHING legit about sticking a Peugot Chassis under a Dodge Challenger, I got no problem with you doing that, but its anything but "Legit" in fact its the complete opposite of Legit. Go ahead and make fantasy cars, its is a game in the end, but Ill comment when they are called Legit, Ill keep pushing to separate the Legit Swaps from the Fantasy Cars...

A Peugot Chassis under a Challenger is a Fantasy Swap. Even worse a Challenger with a Peugot Chassis and a Audi R10 engine is not very American at all, almost a sin. I can all my pot a pan all I like, calling it a pan wont turn it into one.

Last edited:
Not my Style. Swapping in a race car chassis from something like that kills the car making it into a car from Burnout. The chassis holds much of the cars character and swapping in a Peugeot Race Car Chassis under an American Challenger is near sacrilegious.

Never in my LIFE have I heard of Prototype Racecar chassis being the base of an American Muscle Car build lmfao

C'mon Folks Keep the Swaps Legit, or why not just play Forza or Shift

I have to admit, I don't like putting race (Especially LMP) chassis under street cars. I don't mind putting a TC chassis under a car but that is about as far as I go.

I don't do chassis swap unless it's really necessary-performance wise, not for appearance and if the donor chassis has downforce, I removed them all to make it as close to the recipient car's original. I do make some for friends - like the TT NSX with LM Proto chassis, but that's about it :)

Is that?

"No" , "Chassis swaps are legit"

OR

"No chassis swaps are legit."

The first one with a comma I HIGHLY disagree with, the second I agree with but with a little asterix.

NOTHING legit about sticking a Peugot Chassis under a Dodge Challenger, I got no problem with you doing that, but its anything but "Legit" in fact its the complete opposite of Legit. Go ahead and make fantasy cars, its is a game in the end, but Ill comment when they are called Legit, Ill keep pushing to separate the Legit Swaps from the Fantasy Cars...

A Peugot Chassis under a Challenger is a Fantasy Swap. Even worse a Challenger with a Peugot Chassis and a Audi R10 engine is not very American at all, almost a sin. I can all my pot a pan all I like, calling it a pan wont turn it into one.

Woah, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. My Chally a R10 chassis. It has a Viper V10 making 630 hp. All chassis swaps are unrealistic. What, you're going to cut the entire bottom of a car an add it to another?

I put a IS-F Racing Concept chassis under the IS-F RM and it actually added weight. Why the IS-F RM weighs less than the Racing Concept is beyond me...

Again, there is a need to remember, the chassis files are not actually a chassis parts. There is no physical/distinct chassis model for every car. The chassis of the Peugeot and the Challenger and the Tank Car...everything in the game... are all the same thing. The chassis file contains weight, weight distribution, wheel placement, grip, and rigidity.

No, in real life you could not take a challenger body and put it onto the carbon fiber tub of the Peugeot. But the chassis file isn't an accurate simulation of every individual chassis. It's just a set up that replicates it. So in real life, you could decrease the weight of the challenger, increase it's rigidity, change it's weight distribution, etc. Swapping the files is how you do that in this game.

There is no spoon ;)

The body and the engine sound are the only elements that are close to the parts that exist in real life. Beyond that, it's just a bunch of files with limited value ranges. The only limitation is the belief that there is anything more to it.

Back