Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

This car has been giving me a headache for a long time:
Nissan R32 on the Subaru Impreza STI '10 : Both wheels fit cleanly behind the fenders, the back wheels need roughly .8 camber to fit completely however. And its slightly less illegal because it doesn't use a DLC car. :lol:

Just finished it, will post pictures if anyone is interested.

Would love to see pics :)

70's Charger with a 426 and Big Boost SC (turbo with gauge removed)

Wheelies off the line into 3rd, then the nose drops and she runs a 9 second 1/4 mile

Lol sound familiar?

70's Charger with a 426 and Big Boost SC (turbo with gauge removed)

Wheelies off the line into 3rd, then the nose drops and she runs a 9 second 1/4 mile

Lol sound familiar?

F&F?

I made almost the same but it wheelies too much :lol:.

Well I own 3 hybrids my friend gave me and all are very fun but very popular with friends online who constantly beg to borrow them. They are the Honda low life a bagged camper and a out of control Prius. All very fun and relatively drivable except the low life, it's so low it sparks on top gear flat part and then spins out.

F&F?

I made almost the same but it wheelies too much :lol:.

Ding ding, winner winner, chicken dinner.

Yup, yeah at first she just did a kiss to the sky sitting on the trunk, took a few tricks to get her to wheelie but stays on the rear wheels then the front drops as they do.

I'll post a vid up when I can, replay looks 100% legit.

I mangle the rear end a bunch if I keep doing it lol, I keep hitting restart it's just too much fun.

I also put together a RB26DETT and ATTESA powered G37, pretty nuts with high boost.

Lookin for a datsun to drop a RB26DET in, still no show in my UCD.

Gonna try a few Superchargers on a CSL, looking to fill 100 of my Fav slots with Hybrids :)

Last edited:
Built these yesterday

Underground Racing F430 Race Version Twin Turbo System with Highly Modified Engine Twin Turbo 1,350WHP

Underground Racing LP560-4 Race Version Twin Turbo System with Highly Modified Engine 1,500WHP

Underground Racing Viper SRT10 Stage 1 Twin Turbo with Modified Engine 1,120WHP

Underground Racing 458 Stage 1 Twin Turbo System with Stock Engine 700 WHP

Wienish
I'm working on my second hybrid car, or let's say, my first project. My first car was just a test (X1 in a 500F), my second one will be the baby Benz, the standard A160. Let's make it into an A160 AMG by making the car rear wheel driven by swapping the drivetrain (maybe someone has an idea about what car could do the job for me) and a true hunting beast of an engine, let's say an SLR McLaren? Will put pics online as soon as I'm done.

Bit of a late reply, but the SLK Kompressor chassis will fit the A class. I've done an A Class with SLK chassis and drivetrain and the big SL600 engine (the one that can pump out 1000bhp+)

The coolest thing I've come up with is a dark red Samba bus with Tony Stewart's Chevy V8 in it and the chassis of a 83' silvia, it slides a little bit but overall it handles brilliantly and it sounds awesome. :)

I'm having TONS of fun in a Lexus IS-F RM that I put a Falcon XR8 engine into, IS-F Racing Concept Chassis & Suspension. Then power limited it to 520hp. Can't get enough of it.

Made a RWD Mitsubishi Evo today. Had lots of fun drifting with it 👍 .

Last edited:
Made a Triumph Spitfire.
FireBlade engine & running gear.
S800 RC Chassis

40sec. around Kartspace so far.
turns in well enough,
but I am having a hell of a time keeping the rear planted
on SS when the motor gets into it's power band.

The Cappuccino is a better chassis to use, but I've already built
a GSXR powered one.

Last edited:
DK
I wonder what that would be like in real life. :lol:

I think the only way to make a 700 bhp midget in real life is to take an ordinary midget and make it carry an engine with 675 bhp in the back 💡 .

I think the only way to make a 700 bhp midget in real life is to take an ordinary midget and make it carry an engine with 675 bhp in the back 💡 .

That sounds about right. :lol: I'm just wondering where the fuel tank would go though. :crazy:

Twin Turbo LP 570-2 Race Version Twin Turbo System with Highly Modified Engine

Also includes Turbo Spool, Blow Off Valve as Boost Gauge <3

What did you used as chassis/drivetrain?

You can try to use stock chassis and drivetrain, install torque split controller and put 100% at the rear - via hex :) I think I did it before, not sure if it did work well though, did it almost a month ago :)

You can try to use stock chassis and drivetrain, install torque split controller and put 100% at the rear - via hex :) I think I did it before, not sure if it did work well though, did it almost a month ago :)

Yes, thank you, your are 100% correct it works that way, I have done a few RW conversion already, issue with this method is that the car still shows as a 4WD in the spec even if it drives as a RW.

Still, I am interested in how MSTER232 has done his Mitsubishi.

How is your PS3 coming back to life, are we going to see you next Monday?

Back