• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 371 comments
Points1.jpg

Round 8.jpg

Stewards Report

Race 1

Lap 1 - ItzRacing / DZITEZ - Racing Incident
Verdict: NFA
ItzRacing runs wide into turn one and loses control. Whilst in the process of regaining control, he runs into DZITEZ who was trying to pass, no further action was taken as ItzRacing did not have control of the car during the incident.

Rd 8 Points.png

Drivers Briefing

Round 9.jpg

Circuit: Mt Panorama, Bathurst

Races: 2
Distance: 40 mins
Qualifying: 1 x 15 Minutes
Circuit Time: Race 1 – 14:00 / Race 2 – 16:30
Time Progression: 1 Times
Weather: 0%
Weather Changeability: 1 Times

@LITTLEBLACKO @amcdo122 @Matvex @brad_kirtland @Johnny Rodger @itsLynxy @Pubs16 @Killing Heidi @SAI SANTOSH @Lachie_82 @MackZ @DZITEZ @NW48 @EndoeONE

We are at the final round of CORE Australian GT! The driver’s title is up for grabs between the Audi R8 of ItzRacing and Nissan GT-R of Pubs16! Meanwhile there are 3 positions still to be decided for the Global GT Finale, the Spa 3 Hour, meaning there is plenty to race for up and down the field!

Starting Procedure

This week the start will take place at the usual Start/Finish line.

Pit Entry/Exit Lines

There is a grassed area on the entry to the pits that you will have to be inside if you want to pit, on the pit exit, all drivers must stay within the solid white line.

BoP Adjustments

Following a number of discussions between the CORE team in regards to the outright speed advantage that the Nissan GT-R has over the rest of the cars in a straight line, the decision was made to test the cars and make an adjustment to the BoP specs to help improve the balancing of the cars. The update BoP has been used in the last round for America and Europe and will be used at round 9 for all 3 regions, along with being used at the Spa 3 Hour. All driver using the Nissan must follow the new specs as shown below.

m7FMmk.jpg

Room Settings

Room Settings:
Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: Standard
Fixed Room: No

Qualifier Settings:
Format: Race Together
Start Type: Pit Start
Time Limit: 15 Minutes

Race Settings:
Hold Events Automatically: Disabled
Start Type: Grid Start (Manual Rolling Start)
Grid Order: Race 1 – Qualifying Order / Race 2 – Previous Race Results
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Fuel/Tyre Wear: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Pit Stops: 1
Race Finish Delay: 90 seconds
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real

Timetable

7:00 PM ACDT – Room Open
7:40PM ACDT – Spec Check
7:45PM ACDT – Qualifying
8:00 PM ACDT – Race 1 (40 Mins)
8:40 PM ACDT – Race 1 Finish
9:00 PM ACDT – Race 2 (40 Mins)
9:40 PM ACDT – Race 2 Finish

Attendance Sheet

CORE Global GT - Australian GT - Round 9
Mt. Panorama - 7PM ACDT
1. ItzRacing / #95 / Audi

Stewards Report

Race 1

Lap 1 - ItzRacing / DZITEZ - Racing Incident
Verdict: NFA
ItzRacing runs wide into turn one and loses control. Whilst in the process of regaining control, he runs into DZITEZ who was trying to pass, no further action was taken as ItzRacing did not have control of the car during the incident.

Race 1

Verdict: 90 Second Penalty (ItzRacing)
Lap 1 - ItzRacing / DZITEZ - Avoidable Contact
ItzRacing runs wide into turn one and loses control. But then regains control of his car whilst still off track. Though instead of waiting and allowing DZITEZ to pass by, who clearly had the right of way. ItzRacing cuts back on track, once again loses control of his car and runs into DZITEZ causing damage and puts DZITEZ in the sand. This was viewed as an avoidable incident as ItzRacing could have used the Brakes, backed off and easily waited for DZITEZ to pass to further avoid the incident.

In Control off Track:
Suzuka Circuit 2014.jpg

Out of Control Entering:
Suzuka Circuit 2014_1.jpg

Verdict:
Suzuka Circuit 2014_2.jpg

Who makes these decisions. I know I'm new to this but how many times do I get out of the way and let people past.

I might be slower than the leaders but how do I learn!

So next time I will just say I'm out of control.

Or just find another series to race in.

Get it right guys.

Attendance Sheet

Mt. Panorama - 7PM ACDT
2. DZITEZ / #27 / Mercedes

Attendance Sheet

Mt. Panorama - 7PM ACDT
3. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan

Mt. Panorama - 7PM ACDT
3. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
4. amcdo122 / #56 / Mercedes

Come on guys, last race in this Aus series, let's have some fun. Please, more than 5 drivers for Bathurst, come on!!
:P

Mt. Panorama - 7PM ACDT
3. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
4. amcdo122 / #56 / Mercedes
5. Killing Heidi / #4 / Vette

I should be on in about 40mins :) which is about the lobby open time anyway I think. Thanks for opening it early mate! :)

I should be on in about 40mins :) which is about the lobby open time anyway I think. Thanks for opening it early mate! :)

Not a problem! I thought I'd make sure everything is prepared properly instead of rushing around like crazy setting everything up later!

How much fun can you have with only 4 drivers show up to race.

Well I must say, tonight's race with just 4 drivers was simply amazing.

1st race was pretty good for me. On the first lap, 3rd coner, I got damage from basically nothing going to close to Itzracing. So I did struggle a little bit till pitting at the 20 minute mark. Itz was able to get away 10+ seconds by the end of the race. Maybe I could have been closer without the damage, though itz was flying. When I pitted 1st race, I thought itz and I had a great lead, but as I entered at the 20 minute mark, along came Daggs right behind me who then put the pressure on me. Well done Daggs for being very fast tonight, though he struggled a bit after the tyre change correct me if I'm wrong man. Pubs had a bit of a spin I think early on?

So second race, I gave itz a bit of ago on the 1st lap getting the lead, then itz got back the lead from a good run down the strait, I put the brakes on and my car decided to go from side to side lol, I'll blame the car for that! Anyways that put me in the grass. So how did I go from last to first lol, well I think other drivers should share their story. As far as I know, itz entered pit lane and messed up tyre change which put pubs in front. I pushed and pushed to try and catch up to pubs, I think I may have done enough to catch pubs if all drivers didn't have a moment of their own. I would have loved to of seen what would have happened came last lap between pubs and I. But it all changed when Daggs got damage and was struggling down the main strait. Daggs scared the crap out of me lol, avoiding Daggs point I think itz and I in the pits. Mean while, pubs feels bad and pits out of pitty! Coming around for last lap still holding out itz racing, pubs spins it in the down hill S bends if I remember rightly. All I seen was smoke and hoped for the best getting through with no damage. Itz must have got through to. So still holding out itz I pulled the win. Though I must add, if pubs didn't feel sorry for me and pitted, pubs clearly would have won lol. Sports man ship to pubs. What a cracker of a race tonight. Everyone was fast. Come Bathurst comes fast Aussies, and I think that showed tonight with itz in the 1:59 and myself hitting 2:00 for fastest lap times. I feel bad that pubs could of got the win but, yeah, back fired mate and I'm sorry.

Finally, thank you @ItzRacing for putting all his time and effort into another great season. I know he works hard. Even putting up with the crap I throw at him lol, he battles on. Great season win itz and another 1st 2nd and 3rd for V.I.P-Racing tonight.

Looking forward to next year, cheers to those that gave it a crack each week. And I'm behalf of the V.I.P-Racing Team and all members involved, thank you for a great series.

Edit: correction, 1st lap 2nd race, I actually bumped itz, out braking myself and come undone. Least I was only effect by this.

Last edited:
How much fun can you have with only 4 drivers show up to race.

Well I must say, tonight's race with just 4 drivers was simply amazing.

1st race was pretty good for me. On the first lap, 3rd coner, I got damage from basically nothing going to close to Itzracing. So I did struggle a little bit till pitting at the 20 minute mark. Itz was able to get away 10+ seconds by the end of the race. Maybe I could have been closer without the damage, though itz was flying. When I pitted 1st race, I thought itz and I had a great lead, but as I entered at the 20 minute mark, along came Daggs right behind me who then put the pressure on me. Well done Daggs for being very fast tonight, though he struggled a bit after the tyre change correct me if I'm wrong man. Pubs had a bit of a spin I think early on?

So second race, I gave itz a bit of ago on the 1st lap getting the lead, then itz got back the lead from a good run down the strait, I put the brakes on and my car decided to go from side to side lol, I'll blame the car for that! Anyways that put me in the grass. So how did I go from last to first lol, well I think other drivers should share their story. As far as I know, itz entered pit lane and messed up tyre change which put pubs in front. I pushed and pushed to try and catch up to pubs, I think I may have done enough to catch pubs if all drivers didn't have a moment of their own. I would have loved to of seen what would have happened came last lap between pubs and I. But it all changed when Daggs got damage and was struggling down the main strait. Daggs scared the crap out of me lol, avoiding Daggs point I think itz and I in the pits. Mean while, pubs feels bad and pits out of pitty! Coming around for last lap still holding out itz racing, pubs spins it in the down hill S bends if I remember rightly. All I seen was smoke and hoped for the best getting through with no damage. Itz must have got through to. So still holding out itz I pulled the win. Though I must add, if pubs didn't feel sorry for me and pitted, pubs clearly would have won lol. Sports man ship to pubs. What a cracker of a race tonight. Everyone was fast. Come Bathurst comes fast Aussies, and I think that showed tonight with itz in the 1:59 and myself hitting 2:00 for fastest lap times. I feel bad that pubs could of got the win but, yeah, back fired mate and I'm sorry.

Finally, thank you @ItzRacing for putting all his time and effort into another great season. I know he works hard. Even putting up with the crap I throw at him lol, he battles on. Great season win itz and another 1st 2nd and 3rd for V.I.P-Racing tonight.

Looking forward to next year, cheers to those that gave it a crack each week. And I'm behalf of the V.I.P-Racing Team and all members involved, thank you for a great series.
Woahh man! Cool down,feeling bit lazy to read this down :banghead::lol:

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg

Some very close racing and no room for error!
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg

Last lap spin out by Pubs!
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg

Wait, wheres Pubs?
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg

There he is :P
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_5.jpg

But some couldn't be avoided lol. 275K's into the grass/sand avoiding a heavy damaged car, thanks Daggs :D
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_6.jpg

Some great photos there @Killing Heidi! :).

Bathurst was challenging for me in the GTA, I just could not get it set the way I liked, so actually reverted back to near stock and just worked with it, it didn't provide me great pace though lol.

Race 1 I was able to get by @DZITEZ down mountain straight after the first turn, but he had quite the upper hand when it came to the top and slowed us both up as I was reluctant to let him by :P lol. After a few laps I was able to pull a bit of a breather gap and hold it a little but then I tagged the wall in the cutting pushing too hard, letting Dz go down into the esses. In my rush to decide whether it was bad enough to pit or not, I didn't realise the time and pitted a minute before the window. I could've held off for another lap so I didn't have to put twice but oh well it was done lol. I also tagged the outside wall into the cutting on the last lap leaving me to limp to the end lol which is why I took so long.

Race 2 was interesting to begin with lol. I was keen to hold with you all as I finally could hold somewhat better lap times, but Heide and Dz having early errors and then my aim was to keep the gap @ItzRacing was producing as least as possible.
I decided to pit off RMs a little earlier to try close the gap back down, Heidi followed I think and Itz not far after in the next laps. Unfortunately for Itz he had to pit again after his Perkins style entry :P and I was left with the lead and a hounding Corvette not far behind.
I was determined I could hold off @Killing Heidi by the end, watching the gaps closely, with 0 mistake I think I would've just made it. But one run down Conrod straight I notice Dz up ahead going slow, and to my hottie saw him lose it on the grass as I went by, looking back saw him going into Heidi's path... I didn't want to win that way... So I slowed up a little and saw you all pit, and I decided to pit next lap to make it even again. However you guys caught me a lot faster that I though on new tyres and I just fumbled it coming down the esses, catching the grass and yup the pictures tell the story lol, I certainly didn't want to lose that way haha. But hey I chose my weakness and wanted to make it a little fairer again but I definitely shouldn't have, as no one would do that for me :P.
No hard feelings to anyone, I apologise for my sulking at the end, I just couldn't believe it, especially as it was the last race lol. But definitely a well fought battle Heidi and you deserved that just as I did.

I absolutely loved the series and I'm so happy to have been a part of it. Sure the attendance was low but some awesome racing memories and experiences to take away from this, which is what I look for. Thank you so much to @ItzRacing for all you do mate, you do a great job. And thank you to all the drivers that have been involved, it's been a lot of fun to race with some fellow Aussies for once.

Yes great pics, need to put the pic of you missing me at 275 kph.

Race 1 was the best race i have had online! Loved it.

The start of race 2 was great until i spun in front of Pubs coming out of turn 1. (edit) Oh and if you watch the replay of me with a damaged car down Conrod, the wall i hit trying to get out of the way got me back in the way of Kill, i had to try and stay still coz if i went to go one way, i know i would have went the wrong way.
The biggest problem i had was the time of the race, with all the shadows, i could not see the track properly from the end of mountain straight to Forest Elbow.
Yes i do use my spare 50" Plazma TV and all the shadow flashing was really off putting.

Can i put it to all. Could we do another fun round with the time set at say 11 am?
@LITTLEBLACKO @amcdo122 @Matvex @brad_kirtland @Johnny Rodger @itsLynxy @Pubs16 @Killing Heidi @SAI SANTOSH @Lachie_82 @MackZ @NW48 @EndoeONE & all the rest.
Wed 04/11/2015 at the standard time Itz racing uses which gives us a week to prepare.

Last edited:
Yes great pics, need to put the pic of you missing me at 275 kph.

Race 1 was the best race i have had online! Loved it.

The start of race 2 was great until i spun in front of Pubs coming out of turn 1. (edit) Oh and if you watch the replay of me with a damaged car down Conrod, the wall i hit trying to get out of the way got me back in the way of Kill, i had to try and stay still coz if i went to go one way, i know i would have went the wrong way.
The biggest problem i had was the time of the race, with all the shadows, i could not see the track properly from the end of mountain straight to Forest Elbow.
Yes i do use my spare 50" Plazma TV and all the shadow flashing was really off putting.

Can i put it to all. Could we do another fun round with the time set at say 11 am?
@LITTLEBLACKO @amcdo122 @Matvex @brad_kirtland @Johnny Rodger @itsLynxy @Pubs16 @Killing Heidi @SAI SANTOSH @Lachie_82 @MackZ @NW48 @EndoeONE & all the rest.
Wed 04/11/2015 at the standard time Itz racing uses which gives us a week to prepare.

Well i'll be finished exams by then so i'll have a go

I completely forgot to do my own review of the round! And what an exciting round it turned out to be.

I decided to start the races on Medium tyres, which would give me a better chance of achieving fastest laps in both races. What I didnt expect to do was set a lap time that still would've been good enough for pole position on medium tyres. I still swapped to the soft tyres to set a fast lap and lowered my time again, just to make sure ;)

Start of race 1 was a bit sketchy and i made some mistakes which allowed Heidi to stick with me if it wasnt for that he probably wouldnt have got damage from the completely minor touch on the back of the car that i didnt even notice! After that i cruised to a handy margin on mediums before i put the softs on and entered 'hammer time' ;) That didnt last long though as i took some front damage. I still have about a 20 second gap towards the end of the race, but i decided to bring that back to a 10 second gap to avoid doing an extra lap at the end of the race and keep the show moving along :)

Race 2 i got out in front again and it looked like things were going comfortably until the pit stop. I did a Larry Perkins entry and as i got back on track and went to hit the gas the pit option came up and i hit the gas which confirmed my pit options. So I was stuck on Mediums and had to do another lap to pit for mandatory soft tyre pit stop, along with now having a full tank of fuel! This put me well out of reach of Heidi and Pubs but i pressed on, even with some damage. Then heidi had his incident with DZITEZ so i decided to follow him into the pits and repair my damage and continue the battle on an even playing field. The problem was i accidentally filled the fuel again, costing me time! I pushed on in the hope of somehow stealing 2nd but on the last lap all hope was lost, until Pubs who had pitted in pity of Heidi's incident, crashed at the skyline, handing the first 2 spots over to us! I feel bad that we ended up taking 1st and 2nd like that from Pubs, but maybe it evened out slightly with all of us having a mishap in some way, shape or form.

Anyway, a thank you must go out to everyone who joined me this season. I know I havent been completely perfect in the running of the series, but I gave my best effort to provide a fun and fair series for everyone. Also, a huge thank you to everyone who jumped in and gave me a helping hand during the series, especially @HP who hosted round 1 for me while I was away on holidays!

Finally, I'll work on positing the final results and standings in the next along with confirmation of the 5 drivers who will be invited to represent CORE Australia in the Spa 3 Hour Global GT Final in under 2 weeks!

Also, I'm happy to run a fun race, but can we delay it by another 2 weeks so that it is run after the Spa race so no one has their preparations distracted?

Points1.jpg

Round 9.jpg

R9 Points.png

Congratulations to the following 5 drivers who have earned an invitation to the Spa 3 Hour Global GT Final race next Sunday, November 8

1st: @ItzRacing
2nd: @Pubs16
3rd: @Killing Heidi
4th: @amcdo122
Wildcard: @Beau Albert

Please inform us on the forum before 8PM this Sunday night whether you will accept your invitation to compete. In the even that any drivers decline the invitation our reserves will be:

1st Reserve: @LITTLEBLACKO
2nd Reserve: @DZITEZ

View attachment 469841
View attachment 469843
View attachment 469842

Congratulations to the following 5 drivers who have earned an invitation to the Spa 3 Hour Global GT Final race next Sunday, November 8

Please inform us on the forum before 8PM this Sunday night whether you will accept your invitation to compete. In the even that any drivers decline the invitation our reserves will be:

I'll be there. Massively out of practise on GT6.... but i'll be there :P

I will be able to make it, I just hope it starts on time.

View attachment 469841
View attachment 469843
View attachment 469842

Congratulations @ItzRacing ! CORE Australian GT Champion :).

Absolutely looking forward to Spa, 3 hours of great endurance racing mixing it up with the Europeans and Americans!

Back