CORE N24 VLNFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,505 comments
@jonnyb1990 does the changeability need to be on 5? That's more like the settings for Albert Park than the Nurb...

Well originally changeability was only going to go up to 2, since that suited the laptimes better. But then it rained for most of the race in Round 1 Race 1 and everyone complained and it got upped.

Of note that the exact same thing happened again in Round 1 Race 3 with the higher settings so if there's enough concern we can drop it back but we haven't yet seen clear to washout in a lap yet so I think it's okay as it is.

@GTPL_oldboy @Phouchg we can leave it if everyone wants, but we not show the slightest bit of mercy over stewarding if someone causes a massive pile-up on slicks in the rain.

@jonnyb1990 Each of us can drive in any weather, but we want to know these settings sufficiently in advance to be able to train hard and establish a strategy. Changes to one day before the race do not help. What finally will set the weather?

I would suggest that we run:
Starting Weather: 70%
Changeability: 5
Surface Water: 100%

And with this extend qualifying to 25 minutes to ensure all cars can set a lap.

That way it will remain wet, for at least the first laps, rather than the racing line drying enough for slicks by the time we go green, but there being no grip off-line.

Last edited:
Race 1 | Friday 30th | 2000GMT
Host: cobra75
1. Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. jonnyb1990 - CCR
4. xNikodemusx - GORE
5. jm-batista - TMR
6. Mint GTR, GHH
7. Romisagon
8. GTPL_Plotnik - P24 #24
9. GlenAlz81 - RR
Race 2 | Saturday 31st | 2000GMT
Host: TBA
1. attrapp - GORE
2. bichu_mau - TMR
3. jonnyb1990 - CCR
4. Heathenpride, GHH
5. GreenHouseFX
6. GTPL_oldboy1957 - P24 #24
7. GlenAlz81 - RR
Race 3 | Sunday 1st | 1800GMT
Host: TBA
1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE
3. bichu_x - TMR
4. jammyozzy - CCR
5. TDZdave, GHH
6. LordZ1978
7. GTPL_Lubek7 - P24 #24
8. Rclark83 - RR

Guys, so far we have a suggestion of 70% and a starting number (as of now) that is 40%.

Its hard to practice for this, can we either run 100% wet or 100% dry start with the change on 5 (or 3)?

Sorry to be short but, and I speak frankly, this is not ideal and is only going to result in more incidents as drivers tackle settings that they weren't ready for.

Cheers

HP

Hot news! Tonight will not be broadcast. A powerful downpour flooded all the cameras at the Nürburgring. In exchange will be livestream the hexagonal chess championship in Mozambique. During the breaks will be girls wrestling in jelly. :D
Being a huge lover of African chess, jelly and semi naked girls I can't see any issues here :P

I guess you all though that was Niko scoring GORE's first VLN race victory of the year, the truth is:

Final lap tiny.jpg

We give our sincerest apologies and really hope you can look past this and refrain from penalizing us for using unregistered drivers. We really didn't think she'd be this much better than Niko.

I guess you all though that was Niko scoring GORE's first VLN race victory of the year, the truth is:

View attachment 301193
We give our sincerest apologies and really hope you can look past this and refrain from penalizing us for using unregistered drivers. We really didn't think she'd be this much better than Niko.

Well she is registered now, can we expect her to be the starting driver?

View attachment 301193
I thought that was niko....... :P

@memto89 & @jonnyb1990

My ps3 has YLOD.
Matt's has almost died, I believe he is off to get another.

I have a second one but I'm having really weird issues that may involve me not racing.

We will field a driver but not sure who yet.

Just letting you know. With the VLN and GTPES this weekend we have had the worst possible start :rage:

Back