CORE N24 VLNFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,505 comments
Yeah well, just to be clear as i approach Itz at around 100mph lucas is around 3 car lengths ahead of Itz, making lucas around 5 car lenghts ahead of me and travelling at 70mph still accelerating ....hardly eye of the needle stuff...but well there you go.

Race 1 | Friday 30th | 2000GMT
Host: cobra75
1.Cobra75 -TOR-#57

Race 2 | Saturday 31st | 2000GMT
Host: TBA

Race 3 | Sunday 1st | 1800GMT

1.Cobra75 -TOR-#57
1. CodDemon101 - INF

FutureF1 - False start

FutureF1, the_proffs - Contact, 1st chicane lap 1

FutureF1 - Driving with damage, from the End of Pflanzgarten onwards lap 1

Hey Proffs.

Starting with the false start, I will admit that I accelerated a second too early. I'm extremely sorry. My nerves got the better of me.

I don't have the replay at my disposal right now, but I don't recall making contact with you in that first chicane. I could be wrong but even so, I think it would be called a racing incident since none of us came out with any damage.

Driving with damage: I don't really have any defense to that. What else am I supposed to do? I have damage so I have to drive back to the pits. I don't see how this is a violation of the rules.

Why dont you lot just ban us from racing cant see much more you could get us for. Hope you guys can practice knowing what your car spec is we still have no idea on what we are using! Vln is this weekend and still no confirmation. Sorry if i get a penalty for this post!

I would just like to say that your demeanour is completely unwelcome and completely out of order. I have been working flat out over the last week to get everything organised which includes running the GTR many times to make sure the data was sound. I have also been dealing with a death in the family, a full time job and I don't get to see my family until the weekends which means I put all CORE things aside apart from admin work which i have also been doing a lot of. I will never let this take priority my personal life or my daughter.
We have had to sort out a lot of things over the last few weeks and both myself and john have set aside many many hours in order to provide this race and everything that comes with it. So I will not apologies for the fact that your needs have not been met as soon as you would have liked.

That being said I can confirm that the GTR's of RR and REST will be allowed to run a stage 2 or 3 turbo. As clearly stated by the data below, there is no gain to each turbo.

dMWp9B.jpg

1.Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. pp-123 - INF
3. FutureF1 - INF

1. CodDemon101 - INF

1.Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. pp-123 - INF
3. FutureF1 - INF
4. xNikodemusx - GORE

1. attrapp - GORE
1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE

FutureF1 does not seem guilty of anything. His car isn't slowed significantly and has rejoined the track before the_proffs car arrives (thus not being grounds for Rejoin Blocking), nor does he lose control of his car and cause contact (the ground for Driving with Damage). While the_proffs does have to slow slightly, this is no different that if he were following a slower car, which is the situation he is then in.

The difference is that you are able to follow a slow car closely in a safe way and you can pass a slow car in a safe way.

He did lose control over his car and you could argue that he did cause damage but according to the stewards I caused the damage.

Basically what you are saying is that if you got damage and can't control your car, weave back and forth how much and for how long you want as long as you don't cause damage, the cars behind can always slow down and if you lose control over your car and cause damage it's probably going to be the fault of the car behind.

Last year there was a lot of emphasis on driving safely. Before every race everyone was reminded that you don't win the race in the first corner and that we don't want to see any incidents in the beginning of the race. And the general rule was that damage is not an excuse for driving standards.

This year there have been very few races without major incidents in the first laps. This is something that conserns me and it is not an situation that I am satisfied with.

@FutureF1
Don't take this personally, we all have had little time to adjust to the rules of the current competition.

1.Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. pp-123 - INF
3. FutureF1 - INF
4. xNikodemusx - GORE
5. jm-batista - TMR

1. attrapp - GORE
2. bichu_mau - TMR
1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE
3. bichu_x - TMR

There's a chance jm-batista doesn't make it out of work in time, so I'll be the reserve driver for TMR in race 1.

Last year there was a lot of emphasis on driving safely. Before every race everyone was reminded that you don't win the race in the first corner and that we don't want to see any incidents in the beginning of the race. And the general rule was that damage is not an excuse for driving standards.

This year there have been very few races without major incidents in the first laps. This is something that conserns me and it is not an situation that I am satisfied with.

I feel the same way, But please remember that we had a bigger team last year working around the clock and that gave us more time to focus on these issues, this year we have been spread very thin, faces an uphill struggle with circumstances at home and at CORE and with myself not being able to attend the races much it is difficult to communicate these issues to the wider collective.

To pick up on this point though, I have noticed the same issue and that is why the stewarding is getting harsher, some of you are taking it to heart which is fine as you are allowed to do so, but the problem remains that we have seen the same issues time and time again in this years N24 build up (and yes this has not been communicated fully with myself been absent for a lot of the time) this is not a sprint race, yes we have fast drivers who can put in the lap times and good for them. but the N24 is not something that you go 100% all the time and in these 3 hour races that people are driving in they seem to be committed to driving for 3 hours and thinking that is all it takes to win, it does not at all, there have been a lot of incidents where driving have seen a stricken car down the road and assumed that the car will not move and everything will be safe to pass, in a 24 hour race that is what can make the difference between winning and losing. All drivers must have a level of respect and dis-trust at the same time, the time lost to lift off and carefully pass someone as to keeping the throttle right down and getting damage is in two completely different worlds.

The other thing is people seems to be losing site of the team element, your race might be a 3 hour race but your team is racing for 9 hours. You always have time to lift off, the classic example of this is in round 1 race 2 where I was leading the race and had the chance to pass attrap at full throttle but decided that it is not worth the risk of a penalty or damage, so stayed behind and lost a good 4 seconds on my normal pace, but those 4 seconds lost were nothing compared to the maybe minutes i would have lost if i had made contact.

Endurance racing is not about who sets the fastest lap time its about working as a team to perform better than everyone else. The team that proves this the most is P24, they have good pace but they are not setting fastest laps and yet they are always there at the end troubling the leaders for the win, P24 use that classic principal of to come first, first you must finish.

I know a few people are not happy with the decisions given through the stewarding, but the aim is to make clear that people have a decision, and they take it. The result of that decision is the consequence of that action, and in most cases people are choosing to take a risk and a gamble instead of playing it safe, resulting in worse consequences than before.

So now that i have stopped babbling on i shall explain my point in clear english.

Drivers need to think team not individual.

Risk taking in the N24 has to be calculated perfectly and if its not a high percentage move don't make it. It doesn't just effect your race but effects others as well.

If someone has an accident infront of you, don't be scared to lose those seconds.

Last edited:
1.Cobra75 -TOR-#57
3. FutureF1 - INF
4. xNikodemusx - GORE
5. jm-batista - TMR
1. attrapp - GORE
2. bichu_mau - TMR
1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE
3. bichu_x - TMR

1.Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. jonnyb1990 - CCR
3. FutureF1 - INF
4. xNikodemusx - GORE
5. jm-batista - TMR
1. attrapp - GORE
2. bichu_mau - TMR
3. jonnyb1990 - CCR
1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE
3. bichu_x - TMR
4. jammyozzy - CCR

1.Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. jonnyb1990 - CCR
3. FutureF1 - INF
4. xNikodemusx - GORE
5. jm-batista - TMR
6. Mint GTR, GHH
1. attrapp - GORE
2. bichu_mau - TMR
3. jonnyb1990 - CCR
4. Heathenpride, GHH
1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE
3. bichu_x - TMR
4. jammyozzy - CCR
5. TDZdave, GHH

1. Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. jonnyb1990 - CCR
3. FutureF1 - INF
4. xNikodemusx - GORE
5. jm-batista - TMR
6. Mint GTR, GHH
7. Romisagon
1. attrapp - GORE
2. bichu_mau - TMR
3. jonnyb1990 - CCR
4. Heathenpride, GHH
5. GreenHouseFX
1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE
3. bichu_x - TMR
4. jammyozzy - CCR
5. TDZdave, GHH
6. LordZ1978

As previously stated, Reaper racing will receive their points for the first 2 rounds due to being found not cheating.

As the data clearly shows there was no performance advantage to be gained from running the smaller turbo and they had specific permission from myself before the VLN to do so.

dMWp9B.jpg

So the points currently stand as follows

7B7z8A.jpg

These are official and will not be reversed or revised.

Please can we now focus all our attention on the final VLN round and the N24

1. Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. jonnyb1990 - CCR
3. FutureF1 - INF
4. xNikodemusx - GORE
5. jm-batista - TMR
6. Mint GTR, GHH
7. Romisagon
8. GTPL_Plotnik - P24 #24

1. attrapp - GORE
2. bichu_mau - TMR
3. jonnyb1990 - CCR
4. Heathenpride, GHH
5. GreenHouseFX
6. GTPL_oldboy1957 - P24 #24
1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE
3. bichu_x - TMR
4. jammyozzy - CCR
5. TDZdave, GHH
6. LordZ1978
7. GTPL_Lubek7 - P24 #24

1. Cobra75 -TOR-#57
2. jonnyb1990 - CCR
3. FutureF1 - INF
4. xNikodemusx - GORE
5. jm-batista - TMR
6. Mint GTR, GHH
7. Romisagon
8. GTPL_Plotnik - P24 #24
9. GlenAlz81 - RR

1. attrapp - GORE
2. bichu_mau - TMR
3. jonnyb1990 - CCR
4. Heathenpride, GHH
5. GreenHouseFX
6. GTPL_oldboy1957 - P24 #24
7. GlenAlz81 - RR

1. CodDemon101 - INF
2. the_proffs - GORE
3. bichu_x - TMR
4. jammyozzy - CCR
5. TDZdave, GHH
6. LordZ1978
7. GTPL_Lubek7 - P24 #24
8. Rclark83 - RR

Teams.

There will be no more changes to lines ups in teams after 23:59 GMT 29/01/2015.

All teams will be frozen and no new additions can be added.

Also... It's been pointed out that the weather settings I'd put on the driver's brief are really dumb, to confirm it will be wet, however the weather percentage will be upped so that it doesn't dry out in a single lap. Confirmation of the exact settings will be posted later tonight.

Also... It's been pointed out that the weather settings I'd put on the driver's brief are really dumb, to confirm it will be wet, however the weather percentage will be upped so that it doesn't dry out in a single lap. Confirmation of the exact settings will be posted later tonight.

This thing checked much earlier. Changes in the weather settings for 24 hours before the race is a scandal. Forgive me, but I am disappointed with this year's level of organization.

Teams.

There will be no more changes to lines ups in teams after 23:59 GMT 29/01/2015.

All teams will be frozen and no new additions can be added.

Just for clarification, you're talk the general team line up and not the VLN rounds?

@jonnyb1990 does the changeability need to be on 5? That's more like the settings for Albert Park than the Nurb...

You mean the third round of the VLN or race N24h?

Just for clarification, you're talk the general team line up and not the VLN rounds?

For the N24, we are trying to put together the spotters guide but can't keep changing things after its released which will be soon, so any driver changes made after would not be added in hence the freeze

This thing checked much earlier. Changes in the weather settings for 24 hours before the race is a scandal. Forgive me, but I am disappointed with this year's level of organization.
I'd have to agree on this one. Seems pretty weird to change it just before the race. I haven't really tested with the settings so it won't hurt me much but I suspect others have put down time on tactic and testing and practising to get that first drying stint just right. Only to get it changed right before the race.

Back