CORE Super GT ChampionshipFinished 

• Thread starter jonnyb1990
  • 596 comments

Final Round Format

• Double length race (3H) - Double Points

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • 2x Standard races reverse grid from finishing order - Normal points per race

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 2x Standard races reverse grid from championship order - Normal points per race

• 2x Standard races reverse grid from finishing order - Normal points first race double points second

• 2x Standard races reverse grid from points order - Normal points first race double points second

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahh I did wonder where you went, sorry for the generally lax commentary, also had a little madam calling away my attentions, just have the advantage on commentary that I can come back to it once I've left.

Quiet again :rolleyes:
Well, then I just quickly sum up my race. I came home just 5 minutes before start of qualifying, so the pressure was real, I had to figure out the PSN name of the host and then I had 3 laps to get used to the car again, luckily I did a practice session on the day before. The Lexus felt great, better than I expected tbh, and the rest was just staying as consistant as possible, especially in the rain. A thing I noticed at the beginning of the rain, is that there are some small areas on the track with much more water than on the rest of the lap. I wasn't thinking too much about it and the next moment I ended up in the wall with engine and body damage... It's nice though, as it's more realistic than just one wet track, where you got the same amount of water everywhere.
All in all it was a fun race, it was just a shame that so few drivers made it to the finish line :/ The 3 hour race will need even more reliability, so this should be better that race, otherwise endurance racing makes no sense...

hi , i have been reading the threds even though i could see the season sadly was full , but after the last race , there werent so many drivers , so now i would like too ask iff it should be possible too have a seat in your championship , it looks just like something i would love too be a part off :gtpflag:

I never responded at first because I was quite pissed off at the last 15 minutes of the race. First of all, congrats to @RS__96__oO. You were unbelievably quick. As for me, I've always known that I lacked dry pace and stupidly, I thought I would try, for the first time ever, a low DF setup to help lower my lap times a bit. Well to sum it up, I'm never doing that again. The rain came down 2 minutes after my first stop which really caught me off guard. I thought though that with the rain, I could close the gap to some of the front runners. Unfortunately, I took off so much rear DF that I had no traction in the wet. It's also weird how slow the HSV is in the straight line compared to its competitors but I guess it makes that time up in the corners. In the last 15 minutes, I was lucky to be running up in 2nd, but I had a string of bad luck which included contact with another driver and unnecessary overtaking maneuvers from him, forcing me to limp home in 4th. It really was a missed opportunity as I love Apricot hill and, with a high DF setup, I might have been able to recreate what I accomplished in Tsukuba. Shame to see so many DCs as well. I hope to gain back my lost points at Suzuka and Nurburgring.

I hope ettick was qualified for Apricot hill things might get interesting the last race if so. A 3H race in a GT300 is defiantly needed after my previous performances.

hi , i have been reading the threds even though i could see the season sadly was full , but after the last race , there werent so many drivers , so now i would like too ask iff it should be possible too have a seat in your championship , it looks just like something i would love too be a part off :gtpflag:

I can offer you a reserve seat for the moment. Basically if there are spaces in the sign-up's I'll send you a message asking if you're free if that interests you?

If the Subie Impreza is available for 3h Nürburgring I'd be happy to wake up extremely early for it. No guarantees though. :lol:

Not sure if it'll help anyone but Mega GT competed at Suzuka this week.
The fastest laptimes (GT500 only) on RS were in the 1:54 range and RH was in the 1:57s.

When it started raining times began to drop rapidly, to the point where we were doing 2:21s at 100% weather.

The trickiest sections were Turn 1, Spoon and 130R; the astroturf on each can put a car into a spin easily.

Not sure if it'll help anyone but Mega GT competed at Suzuka this week.
The fastest laptimes (GT500 only) on RS were in the 1:54 range and RH was in the 1:57s.

When it started raining times began to drop rapidly, to the point where we were doing 2:21s at 100% weather.

The trickiest sections were Turn 1, Spoon and 130R; the astroturf on each can put a car into a spin easily.

Our old old Super GT seasons managed 56's on hards

Our old old Super GT seasons managed 56's on hards

Looking at some of the times from previous races you guys are quicker than us anyways in the current seasons, so 55s and 56s on RH may be a good spot for your upcoming race.

I'm currently the fastest driver in Mega GT but my laptimes are about a second or two off the GT500 drivers here. :)

Looking at some of the times from previous races you guys are quicker than us anyways in the current seasons, so 55s and 56s on RH may be a good spot for your upcoming race.

I'm currently the fastest driver in Mega GT but my laptimes are about a second or two off the GT500 drivers here. :)

saying that anyone can string a lap time together if you have the patience

saying that anyone can string a lap time together if you have the patience
True, although I put in a lot of time this week and found my ceiling. I could probably have done a 53.x with fresh RS and low fuel, but a 54.0 was the best I could muster (51.9 with fuel/tyre wear disabled). The Honda's fun to drive though, very stable :)

bHzBRe.jpg

Saturday 21st | 2000GMT
Host: TBA

Round 6 results will be done by tonight

Saturday 21st | 2000GMT
1. FutureF1
15. GTP_Bambi (R)(Unsure)

Saturday 21st | 2000GMT
1. FutureF1
2.TNR_REBELION

Saturday 21st | 2000GMT
Host: jonnyb1990
1. FutureF1
2.TNR_REBELION

Saturday 21st | 2000GMT
1. FutureF1
2.TNR_REBELION
3.TNR_5zigen

Saturday 21st | 2000GMT
1. FutureF1
2.TNR_REBELION
3.TNR_5zigen
4. Ettick_

Round 6 Results:
4gY0zA.jpg

Stewarding:

Pre-Start - Glen-Alz-81 - TNR_REBELLION - Avoidable Contact
Verdict: Glen-Alz-81 +90s - Contact, especailly that so severe it results in damage, should never occur on the pace lap. All drivers please be more considerate with your spacing and positioning, especially when forming up in 2x2 formation.

Lap 1 - FutureF1 - TNR_REBELLION - Racing incident
Verdict: Future F1 Driving Standards 1/3 - Again, cars should not be so closely bunched as to result in contact, fortunately not resulting in damage this time. However all drivers again need to be displaying more awareness and consideration for other cars in the field rather than simply trying to gain advantage.

Lap 1 - FutureF1 - TNR_5zigen - Avoidable Contact
Verdict: FutureF1 +90s Driving Standards 2/3, TNR_5zigen +90s Driving Standards 1/3 - Initially FutureF1 turns into the corner to take the racing line, possibly not having seen 5zigen, and the two collide resulting in damage. This is unfortunate, but it happens in racing and a penalty has been issued. What is unacceptable, is that after this initial contact, the two cars seem to completely disregard the rules and have repeated, damage causing, contact through the next four corners. I don't care how large the difference in lap-time is, if you are racing in CORE you will display courtesy and respect to all drivers you are racing with. Further vigilantism by any driver will result in severe penalties.

Lap 23 - Ettick_ - Pit-in Line
Verdict: +30s

Lap 26 - TNR_FILO - Pit-in Line

Lap 27 - TNR_REBELLION - Pit-in Line

Lap 28 - RS__96__oO - Pit-in Line

Lap 29 - Brutaka_GT - Pit-in Line

Lap 29 - Ettick_ - Pit-out Line

Lap 30 - Glen-Alz-81 - Pit-out Line

Lap 35 - Ettick_ - Pit-in Line

Lap 58 - TNR_5zigen - FutureF1 - Accident
Verdict: NFA - Future loses the car's rear end and spins towards the apex, but critically his vehicle remains on the racing line before running wide. The poor visibility and nature of Future's vehicle's movements mean that despite reacting as best as he could and attempting to slow, this actually makes Zigen run wider and into Future's car.

Saturday 21st | 2000GMT
1. FutureF1
2.TNR_REBELION
3.TNR_5zigen
4. Ettick_
5. rcb929

The BoP for the Impreza GT300 on the OP and CORE website are conflicting. May I ask what the correct set of specifications are? Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back