Costa di Amalfi

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Pizzle13, Jan 20, 2014.

1. tankuroded

tankuroded

No wonder I always see Dodge Rams in dirty racing rooms if they are racing in Monaco :lol:

Actually, I feel that the circuit's small size would restrict online grid. :indiff:

2. StigBelcherStyl

StigBelcherStyl

CittaDiAria.jpg

BenMillard and ProjectF like this.
  3. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

I enjoyed both of these tracks on GT4. But these was to return it would be a wreckfest online.:lol:

4. thehobnob97

thehobnob97

Capri rally in a Group C car was huge fun, as was hitting 190+ into the first hairpin.

5. FS7

FS7

Those 2 tracks are the reasons I still play GT4 every now and then.

6. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

Has this not occurred to anyone else that this is in fact 2 different tracks for 1 thread?

7. citroengt1

citroengt1

Make an exception for this one, everybody likes it.

8. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

370, and I'm not one of them. And I won't "make an exception", this thread is about 2 tracks, and therefore is breaking the 1 track per suggestion rule.

9. citroengt1

citroengt1

Suggestion pooper.

10. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

11. Wardez

Wardez Staff Emeritus

12. mr_pepps

mr_pepps

Hahahaha! Yeah fully agreed! But it was also a helluva cool track to fly around - loved blasting along the seafront, then tucking in hard for the hairpins. No matter which way up the circuit you went there was a fantastic feeling of power surge as you climbed up higher.
    I loved pulling an overtake up through the houses towards the 'upper hairpin' too.

WhiterunGuard likes this.
  13. ScotteDawg

ScotteDawg

14. CyborgGT

CyborgGT

Had to bump this. Both tracks desperately need a return to the series, as nothing else offers the same tight and technical rally stage feel when you're in the right car. Amalfi is possibly my favorite track in the whole GT series.

lol @ the Toyota RSC comment, that was pathetically true for me.

Memories: I once won a photomode competition on here with this shot:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    KayX23, BenMillard, ProjectF and 4 others like this.
  15. BenMillard

BenMillard

My 36th attempt to create Costa di Amilfi / Capri Rally in GT6 is still a long way from the original. But it does capture the essential layout and uses the lake in SW Andalucia to give that feeling of racing from the water to the ridge-line and back again.

This area is 'out of bounds' to the normal editor. So there are a couple of floating buildings and trees which I cannot remove. It's a compromise between the available hills, the location of the lake, overall track length with 700m home straight and keeping the lap times around 2 minutes for Group B Rally cars.

There's a Capri Rally time trial in my club for 550pp, 500bhp Group B rally cars. A side quest for Lancia Stratos Rally Car with standard tune, too.
    [​IMG]

Made using the @PR1VATEJ0KER modified Track Path Editor. The newer breed of tools (November 2016) would allow an even closer replica. The tyre performance and weight shifting in GT6 is so different from GT4 that an exact replica might not be so fun to drive?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    PR1VATEJ0KER likes this.
  16. GT5Apex

GT5Apex

Would LOVE for this track to appear in GT Sport. It would be great to cruise around it in the Ferrari 250 GTO and it would also be fun to thrash the Mercedes W08 F1 car around the track as well.