CRAP Dirt 4 Club

• Thread starter Eyeseeh50
  • 110 comments
Had to laugh when I saw this; just randomly opened up a leaderboard after a race and........

hRnZuek.jpg

Looks like we're even more inseparable in Dirt 4! :lol:
It's not fair! We have the same time and the game still gives you the position!

How does your stage work??
I can only choose country and push the random button??

i thought you could create your own stage ?!

How does your stage work??
I can only choose country and push the random button??

Yes, you just choose location, length and complexity - it's a stage generator rather than a creator. So you won't have the power of a full-fledged editor - but the upsides of the game doing the work for you is it's super quick and easy, and you'll never fully know what you might encounter next.

Plus generators are great for uncreative people like me, who couldn't make anything interesting if their life depended on it :dopey:

i was about to ask your opinion on it (since we're nearly in the same level of skill). Too bad i must say! It worries me! Dunno if I should get it or not!

After adjusting settings and trying to tune I find the game more fun but really difficult to drive clean with my settings. Simulation and all assists off including abs. Some cars are very fun and others are crap. There's also alot more to do in thus game like livery edit, many upgrades on cars and equipment. If you like dirt rally but want something more difficult you'll like this game 👍 when leagues are up and running this game will be very good 👍 if in fount see if you can try share play with someone. My connection is not good enough for that :(

After adjusting settings and trying to tune I find the game more fun but really difficult to drive clean with my settings. Simulation and all assists off including abs. Some cars are very fun and others are crap. There's also alot more to do in thus game like livery edit, many upgrades on cars and equipment. If you like dirt rally but want something more difficult you'll like this game 👍 when leagues are up and running this game will be very good 👍 if in fount see if you can try share play with someone. My connection is not good enough for that :(

More difficult? All reviews say it's arcadish and very easy to drive! That's weird!
I'd like to try it too but my connection is definitely much slower than
yours!

More difficult? All reviews say it's arcadish and very easy to drive! That's weird!
I'd like to try it too but my connection is definitely much slower than
yours!

Maybe I'm getting worse?? :lol: haven't tried with assists on or "playing for fun" mode. I'm sure someone else have good inputs.

I've been really busy at work lately so haven't had any time to play the game properly. First day off in a while tomorrow and the wife is at work until mid afternoon, so will get some Dirt 4 time in.

Remember to not have high expectations so you get more impressed with the game!

That's what I exactly had in mind when I got the game yesterday! :cheers:

To be honest, I ended up liking it after like 4 hours of straight gameplay! :)

Below you can find my INITIAL findings and impressions:

-Handling seems easier than Dirt Rally, but also more realistic:
Cars feel heavy, they have more weight, no longer a small crest hit would turn your car around easily like in DR.
Braking is very improved and will kill you if you do it wrong, weight shift is real.
Cars no longer feel they are driven on ice, especially on dirt/gravel; I remember how the cars slid all over the place in DR in Greece!
-It seems handling and FFB have some Assetto corsa feeling to it, and I like that.
-I thank God that they got rid of the old DR FFB because that one broke my wheel! It used to rumble and shake and kick in heavily!
In fact, I couldn't drive more than 15min straight on DR without my wheel pressing some buttons by itself! (it happens on heavy FFB kick-ins). Yesterday I drove 4hrs straight and the issue didn't happen, not even once! I'm happy!
-I drove in USA, Australia and Spain. I enjoyed Australia the most out of these.
-I drove on Simulation handling, Demanding AI and all assists OFF, as well as whole HUD OFF. Also manual sequential and headcam view (with steering wheel view). All wheel settings were left to default (saturation, linearity etc...). FFB was just reduced to 75% to preserve my wheel's life.
That's really immersive and realistic! To wait for the stage to end just to see in which position you are is a good feeling!
-I completed the DirtFish school lessons and it's nice and fun!
-I absolutely suck at Rally Cross! Dunno why! I just can't make that car drive! It feels like driving on ice!
-Driving in fog is really wicked hard!
-The helicopter ****ed up one of my cleanest and fastest stages! I was surprised by it and the dust covered everything so i hit the barrier with nearly full speed and spun!
-I tried 5min of landrush and couldn't complete a single lap! The struggle is real!
-The biggest downside to this game seems the stages more than anything else! Easy and boring and repetitive a bit! Nothing amazing like real life scanned DR stages! Those are legendary!

Overall I'm really loving it and enjoying it and can't wait to play it more and more!

Again I say, it may not be as hard as Dirt Rally, but that doesn't mean it's not more realistic! HARD is not always equal to REALISTIC.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Such a shame that here we are in September and still no sign of leagues being implemented in the game. Not impressed codemasters!

Such a shame that here we are in September and still no sign of leagues being implemented in the game. Not impressed codemasters!
DIRT4 has gotten boring, I still got persona 5 to beat and with destiny 2 out, I really haven't put much time into DiRT4.

I was going to come in and say they have given a sign in the latest road book but reading back over it sounds like it could be quite some time before they release it. It is bizarre to me that they didn't include it in the release

At least they sold a few games before people got bored. I haven't touched dirt in almost 2 months :( and now my ps4 won't read discs so dirt rally is put in the back on the top shelf....

I picked up WRC7 today for 19.99ukp from CDKeys. Hoping it'll be an improvement on Dirt 4 ... which although was ok, wasn't quite the game I was hoping for...

There's supposed to be some "Club update", but they went silent about it. Basically they don't even mention Dirt 4 anywhere anymoire :(

There's supposed to be some "Club update", but they went silent about it. Basically they don't even mention Dirt 4 anywhere anymoire :(
They did say this recently on the codemasters forums
Also - hi everyone, sorry we've been quiet, but things are calming down at Codies now! Our Clubs patch is coming in a week or two** (pending subs), so we'll have a bit more to talk about soon.

**EDIT: Might be a little bit longer than a week or two, after a quick update from the lovely @CMMcBabe - but it's weeks rather than months!
So they are working on it but still a little more waiting, I guess there will be a proper announcement when it's more finalised. There was also a later comment about how they are still thinking about the future of dirt 4 and weather to put in big amounts of work or not

Codemasters have won my confidence again after some good games (F1 2016, Dirt Rally and even Dirt 4).

If they don't add the leagues like they said they would, i'll NEVER buy a game from them again.

I already spent like 5 years without buying a game from them after the disastrous F1 games that were full of bugs without proper correction and support, gave them a second chance buying those quoted titles. Not giving them any more chances.

Hopefully they will add soon. But i think it won't be soon enough (it already isnt). Game looks fully dead.

They know what games are releasing this year, next year and which ones are under development so they better do something if they don't want to lose sales :)

Well it's been a long time coming but finally the first CRAP Dirt 4 Championship is up and action begins 8 am GMT this Friday. The championship proceeds an event each week for the next 5 weeks and we will jump in at the deep end using the R5 class of car.
Everyone is welcome to join and have fun.

Well it's been a long time coming but finally the first CRAP Dirt 4 Championship is up and action begins 8 am GMT this Friday. The championship proceeds an event each week for the next 5 weeks and we will jump in at the deep end using the R5 class of car.
Everyone is welcome to join and have fun.

Great news! Thank you and good luck to everyone 👍

Back