CRAP DiRT Rally Club [PS4] Racenet League Events live

Has anyone found the ffb to be very light on a steering wheel? For me it just didn't seem to give much feeling through the wheel.
Think I will have to set my shifter up as the handbrake to be able to effectively take tight turns.
I'm pretty sure that ffb with Thrustmaster wheels is pretty weak with this game, there's a post on their Facebook page where they suggest the best settings. https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterOfficial

Looks like I'm still not going to appear in the Standings. I do appear in the leaderboard for the current event but if you scroll through the League Standings my name doesn't appear. Hopefully they can sort out the niggles quickly.

@Donnced
We should be able to run these time trials multiple times. Can you try again?

I've tried again, but didn't let me participate again... Once you crossed the finish line it's done till the next event..

That's normal.. New game, new things to learn... :lol:

But really happy with this game.. Just amazing, the more hours i spend on it, the more I'm loving it... :bowdown:

Please codemasters...make a reboot of the ToCa games with the same quality as showed in Dirt Rally.. :drool: :bowdown:

First impressions from last night is that the game is amazing. Have to get better at adjusting my speed as I slide of course quite a few times but really liking it so far. I have also noticed the lack of FFb in my T300RS I will have to try those settings out.

I've tried again, but didn't let me participate again... Once you crossed the finish line it's done till the next event..

That's normal.. New game, new things to learn... :lol:

But really happy with this game.. Just amazing, the more hours i spend on it, the more I'm loving it... :bowdown:

Please codemasters...make a reboot of the ToCa games with the same quality as showed in Dirt Rally.. :drool: :bowdown:
Although it would be wonderful to see a modern day ToCA game I think the commercial rights would be too expensive to justify a game. You never know though, the BTCC seems to be gaining in popularity every year. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone found the ffb to be very light on a steering wheel? For me it just didn't seem to give much feeling through the wheel.
Think I will have to set my shifter up as the handbrake to be able to effectively take tight turns.

Agree the FFB is complete rubbish on DiRT Rally.
As you say feels way too light & it's quite hard to tell what the car is doing & what it wants/going to do.
Seems the PC guys have some tweaks that are working for them. Actually modding though.
Started playing with some of the limited settings available & it feels a little better than at first...shame there is no practice area.

Yeah a new ToCA game would be awesome...last one was on PS2 right?
Released as V8 Supercars in Australia. Had a kinda easter egg Honda ride-on Lawnmower race in it iirc

Lots of practice.. It's hard to come from not playing sim racing games for a while and come into dirt rally, love the physics and the graphics are incredible. Again though, the game itself is fantastic. A couple add ons I'd like to see in future patches though:
1) Practice area
2) Rallycross TT's (Solo runs)
3) G29 FULL Support??? Maybe it's just me but no REV lights and ffb is very light.

Lots of practice.. It's hard to come from not playing sim racing games for a while and come into dirt rally, love the physics and the graphics are incredible. Again though, the game itself is fantastic. A couple add ons I'd like to see in future patches though:
1) Practice area
2) Rallycross TT's (Solo runs)
3) G29 FULL Support??? Maybe it's just me but no REV lights and ffb is very light.
I think FFB is light across the board. Not much feeling in my T300RS.

I hope we don't do any group b anytime soon, this past daily event I was 3 minutes off the leader, and finished without a rear left wheel. The passed two were equally as bad.

I hope we don't do any group b anytime soon, this past daily event I was 3 minutes off the leader, and finished without a rear left wheel. The passed two were equally as bad.

I36.42for the RS500 and was all over the place. Maybe the wheel will help but it's still great fun getting one corner spot on. It's a bit like golf. You can be **** all round but mullering one straight down the middle off the 18th tee gives you a warm feeling inside. I don't play much golf.

Here are the latest times. I surprised myself. There's a tight "right 2" corner on 85 ish percent of the track which is a killer.

Where do I turn off abs? It's only set at 1 but I couldn't see how to do it.

Pos.NameTime

1 GTP_Slim 03:38.324
2 ELMARCTUFF 03:42.157
3 GTP_Manuelos 03:49.490
4 ajh_1990 03:56.123
5 JohnSchoonsBeard 04:06.173
6 DnBasshead007 04:08.756
7 ICH-Motorsport 04:09.790
8 football67611 04:15.439
9 RacingAtHome 04:31.656
10 donnced 04:36.423
11 ScaffUK 04:59.705
12 Yeldz 04:59.771
13 S3bu_092 15:00.000
14 alegunner68 15:00.000

Tested a few different FFB settings last night.
Logitech G29 (H pattern + clutch or sequential)
This one seems to feel right.

Advanced wheel options:
Steering Linearity -5
Clutch dead zone 10%
(other settings default)

Vibration & Feedback:
Self Aligning Torque 122%
Wheel Friction 58%
Tyre Friction 58%
Suspension 65%
Tyre Slip 72%
Collision 52%
Soft Lock 65%
Steering Centre Force 106%

I still can't get a feel for the cars in the rally section of the game but last night I tried Pikes Peak in the wet with the Quattro S1 and what a joy that was 👍:)

After 3 runs my time was 9:30 something and I'm sure I can better that as I had two slight offs during the best run.

Feels like the game is starting to click with me now.

Back