CRAP GT6 - GT500 Sat 7 Nov 9pm EST (GMT-5)Open 

Soupturtle
And of course I end up half an hour late for my own racing appointment. Sorry about that if anyone was looking, I'm logging in now.

Tardy Turtle!! :lol:

snazy20
I'm coming along now to join you soupy.

I like the idea of a place that will make it slightly easier to find people and what we're upto!

Will fix this in an hour or so & update OP.

I've also been slightly disappointed with the number of people online so far, in my case during european time. Perhaps the problem is that too few people are willing to start in an empty lounge if they don't know if anyone will show up.

To try to set a good example, I will be in the lounge 45 minutes from now (19:30 GMT) and stay for at least half an hour regardless of occupation. I'm planning to set up road cars at 25pp intervals from 425 to 575pp, so if I'm hosting that's the kind of races there will be.

I think this is likely the issue. I'm willing to bet that there are many people similar to myself. About 2 weeks ago I decided to try and do more online racing. Since that time I've joined 3 different leagues/clubs and am trying to find 1 or 2 that I like. What ends up happening is when I'm online I go into GT community and look to see who's racing where. If I check the CRAP lounges and nobody is there then I go to a room where there are some people racing. If I only have an hour or two to race I may not want to spend 1/2 of it or more playing by myself. Scheduling events may help, but there are many like me who find it very hard to hit scheduled events. In my case it's usually because they are too earlier. I'm only free to race after 9pm CST when the kids go to bed (10pm is even better) Before that I need to spend my free time with my family.

I think this is likely the issue. I'm willing to bet that there are many people similar to myself. About 2 weeks ago I decided to try and do more online racing. Since that time I've joined 3 different leagues/clubs and am trying to find 1 or 2 that I like. What ends up happening is when I'm online I go into GT community and look to see who's racing where. If I check the CRAP lounges and nobody is there then I go to a room where there are some people racing. If I only have an hour or two to race I may not want to spend 1/2 of it or more playing by myself. Scheduling events may help, but there are many like me who find it very hard to hit scheduled events. In my case it's usually because they are too earlier. I'm only free to race after 9pm CST when the kids go to bed (10pm is even better) Before that I need to spend my free time with my family.

How about we have an availability list so that we all roughly know who are available when?

What really helps is if there are 2 or 3 regulars who are almost always online. We have that already for those in Australia. There seems to be a core group that is almost always on so that whenever a newcomer comes in that time area they can find someone online. We don't seem to have those 2 or 3 regulars here in North America. So when guys like me (who are only on sporadically) show up the lounge is often empty. It's kind of a catch 22 and I don't know an easy fix other than finding a few regulars who are on GT5 most nights to hang out in the lounge.

GTP_FastM3
What really helps is if there are 2 or 3 regulars who are almost always online. We have that already for those in Australia. There seems to be a core group that is almost always on so that whenever a newcomer comes in that time area they can find someone online. We don't seem to have those 2 or 3 regulars here in North America. So when guys like me (who are only on sporadically) show up the lounge is often empty. It's kind of a catch 22 and I don't know an easy fix other than finding a few regulars who are on GT5 most nights to hang out in the lounge.

New C.R.A.P "who's on now or plans to be later" thread added, refer OP :)

I generally hang around in the CasualRace room for an hour or so, hot-lapping if no one else is there, occasionally checkin' in on the other two options (Casual_2 and FreeRun) if all is quiet. That usually works well as folks generally turn up, especially now that the word is spreading.

For any other EUites though, I'm on in the daytime mostly, as I work in the evenings at present (saves you hunting me down in the evening.)

Do we have any theme ideas? I would like some fun themes such as Caterham races, Fiat 500 races at Kart Space II, Truck Races, 69' Camaro Races, Shelby Cobra races, Dirty Nascar races, jumping contests, Demolition Derbies, etc. Let's race, but let's also laugh our asses off. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any theme ideas? I would like some fun themes such as Caterham races, Fiat 500 races at Kart Space II, Truck Races, Dirty Nascar races, jumping contests, Demolition Derbies, 69' Camaro Races, Shelby Cobra races, etc. Let's race, but let's also laugh our asses off. :lol:

All of these sound fantastic. Any idea is valid. Have a think about which one you want to see first, and PM heathen to get it up in the races thread.

Whoever hasbeen racing my bob's... youre awesome :D

Thanks guys ;)

Will repay the favour once i get some more free time... hopefully in the next few days ;)

Hi guys, really sorry I haven`t been very active since signing up, this is for 2 reasons.

1) My broadband is ****e & I keep getting disconnected from the server around every 30 mins, been ringing the isp customer support every other day for around 6 weeks, been sent new wireless hardware twice & still have the same issues, even with a 17MB line, so seriously thinking of changing isp, as it`s now getting ridiculous.:grumpy:

2) My health hasn`t been all that good either, been laid up since wednesday & today`s the first time I`ve actually had the energy to get up & wander around.:yuck:

So, until I`m 100% again & get the broadband issues 100% resolved, I can`t commit to anything I`m afraid. :guilty:

If I do show up, then suddenly disappear, when the server drops off, it usually takes about 10 mins for it to sort itself out before I can get back in, so if I do disappear, don`t wait for me to reappear, as I`ll just turn it off & go & do something else to calm down.

I WILL have a race with you guys, I just don`t know when. :(

robertmac_33
Whoever hasbeen racing my bob's... youre awesome :D

Thanks guys ;)

Will repay the favour once i get some more free time... hopefully in the next few days ;)

I raced some I reckon :D be racing more too today but on my 2nd profile so I can race all my heathen bobs too ;)

Hi guys, really sorry I haven`t been very active since signing up, this is for 2 reasons.

1) My broadband is ****e & I keep getting disconnected from the server around every 30 mins, been ringing the isp customer support every other day for around 6 weeks, been sent new wireless hardware twice & still have the same issues, even with a 17MB line, so seriously thinking of changing isp, as it`s now getting ridiculous.:grumpy:

2) My health hasn`t been all that good either, been laid up since wednesday & today`s the first time I`ve actually had the energy to get up & wander around.:yuck:

So, until I`m 100% again & get the broadband issues 100% resolved, I can`t commit to anything I`m afraid. :guilty:

If I do show up, then suddenly disappear, when the server drops off, it usually takes about 10 mins for it to sort itself out before I can get back in, so if I do disappear, don`t wait for me to reappear, as I`ll just turn it off & go & do something else to calm down.

I WILL have a race with you guys, I just don`t know when. :(

All cool bro, as long as you're on the mend, hope u feel better soon.

That's the beauty of casual racing, just take part when you can 👍

I've only managed an hour or so in the past few weeks, life etc :)

TYPICAL! The 1st time I feel like a race & it`s dead. :grumpy:

Go into the casual lounge, just as 2 peeps are finishing racing capps around spa, get half way round the out lap & get dropped from the server, when I eventually get back in, the track's changed & everyone`s gone. :(

So I go out again, get halfway round the outlap & get dropped again! :grumpy:

Been lurking round the other 2 rooms for around 25 mins & there`s absolutely no-one on. :(

Gonna give it anouther 20 mins then going to bed.

TYPICAL! The 1st time I feel like a race & it`s dead. :grumpy:

Go into the casual lounge, just as 2 peeps are finishing racing capps around spa, get half way round the out lap & get dropped from the server, when I eventually get back in, the track's changed & everyone`s gone. :(

So I go out again, get halfway round the outlap & get dropped again! :grumpy:

Been lurking round the other 2 rooms for around 25 mins & there`s absolutely no-one on. :(

Gonna give it anouther 20 mins then going to bed.

Ouch... have you posted on the where are they (C.R.A.P drivers) now thread?

Also everyone:

I have actually stumbled apon only the best ever BoB name!! I give you the one... the only....

:bowdown: E. ESTRADA :bowdown:

Last edited:
tris_73
Shouldn't he be riding a harley wearing a hideously tight brown shirt?

totally, but he got fired from teh force for having bad bulging trousers so he's had to take up racing for $$ :lol:

:cheers: to all who have been racing my Bob's :) there building up nicely, thanks.
I may appear online ATM but I am just returning the favour and running some remote races while the young lad watches a movie 👍

Having a few problems seeing other drivers on the track tonight.... I reckon we should have a facebook page too, easy to scroll through and news re races will come up in news feed. Just an idea

The new thread seems like an excellent idea. Lets hope it works.

Can I offer the suggestion that if you post a time in there, you also post it in GMT? It's pretty easy to remember where you are with respect to GMT yourself, and pretty hard to remember all the other timezones around the world, especially since most of them also change twice a year (for example, I'm currently two hours further from Australia than a few months ago due to DST).

edit: Also: I know there are excellent timezone converters around, but I think it's a lot less hassle if people can just convert to GMT themselves.

Having a few problems seeing other drivers on the track tonight....

We had that during the first enduro too. What'd'ya reckon it is? We also had the error message about incompatible hosts. Does anyone know what what's that about, and what to the different network types actually mean? Are they related?

We had that during the first enduro too. What'd'ya reckon it is? We also had the error message about incompatible hosts. Does anyone know what what's that about, and what to the different network types actually mean? Are they related?

I don't know much about NAT types etc, but im guessing the problem has something to do with racing on a custom track rather than one included in the game, because it only seems to happen on heathens track. If it's happened to anyone on a stock track, well there goes that theory

David Brooks

This will answer your 3rd question and if we ask what type of connection our 'ghost' has it may answer that too :)

With the PS3 there is only NAT 1, 2, and 3.

NAT 1 essentially means there is no firewall or blocked ports between your PS3 and PSN Servers.

NAT 2 means you are behind a firewall, and some ports are blocked, but the important ones are open to allow you to access/use PSN features.

NAT 3 means you are behind a firewall, and enough ports are blocked that you may not be able to use several features of the PSN.

As far as 'incompatible host' I think this has to do with the host having a different network type than those who join the room.

I'll be in the Casual room tonight (Tuesday) from 8.30pm GMT if anyone wants to join.

Would be nice to meet up with a few peeps on here for some simple racing.

:)

ethannz
I don't know much about NAT types etc, but im guessing the problem has something to do with racing on a custom track rather than one included in the game, because it only seems to happen on heathens track. If it's happened to anyone on a stock track, well there goes that theory

Could be it. Let's all jump on an original track soon & see?

Back