Crash Bandicoot Discussion - (It's About Time 10/2 Release)

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 383 comments
Crash 3 was one of the best looking game at that time. CTR was the game I had fun the most. And Crash Bash's Polar Push was the funniest competitive game.

I loved Crash Bash to death! That game was so fun and entertaining to play. It was like the early version of Super Smash Bros.

I don't think it is, but Crash Bandicoot (the first one) is, but only in the EU store :grumpy:

Crash 1-3 and CTR are all in the EU store. I bought them all some time ago.

By the way that article in the OP is from a nonsense clickbait website so don't read too much into that specifically. There have been hints though, for sure.

I personally won't buy the rumor hype until I hear it officially confirmed (or for that matter, if it's officially confirmed), but I sure would love to play it if they do in fact reboot the series. If they made a new CTR with multiplayer, that would probably be the only game I'd play for several weeks straight.

Oh boy. I can't wait for Activision (because, remember Naughty Dog still won't have anything to do with these games) to reboot Crash like they did Spyro a couple of years ago.

Crap, now I really do have to get a PS4. Changed my avatar to a recognizable icon. :)

I am still in shock that they are doing this and I really and truly didn't think they ever would, definitely looking forward to this! However, I probably won't buy it when it comes out since I haven't played through every single title yet. Played very little of the first and haven't played the 3rd at all. Most of my time I spent playing Crash over the years was in Crash Bandicoot 2. Besides, how much fun can a remaster be if you haven't even played the original?

From the looks of the trailer, they are definitely making it look better, but I notice they're making some minor changes as well. Like for example, the pipes at 0:41 in the trailer are dripping in the original while in the remaster they are flowing instead. Then you have the arrow crates which seem to have a smaller arrow than that of the original version.

See?
latest
latest

Many more things I could note of course, but maybe I am just being picky. Doesn't really bother me too much honestly, but in the end, I have a feeling I will probably still play the original versions sometimes because they still hold some uniqueness to me. That's my thoughts on this so far, let's see how things go when it comes out! :)

I'm sure the crate designs are placeholders.
Perhaps. This is just my little analysis of what we have seen so far, not saying that's how it will be. Either way, I feel like the remaster and the original will still have their unique differences.

I'm sure there will be differences, but judging from the playthroughs of levels that I've seen, the differences are kinda minute. Not perfectly 1:1 but fairly close.

Lots of things I'm looking forward to. Hog riding levels, the bosses, the boulder levels (my bane when I was 4 years old, but one of my favorite levels now), the polar bear segments in 2, and just... everything!

This and GT Sport are probably what's going to sell me on a PS4. Perhaps if David Jaffe decides to make another Twisted Metal game as well, then I'd be completely hook, line, and sinker.

I used to play the crap out of Crash Team Racing with my brother :). I just have Cortex Strikes Back and Warped now.

I was quite upset when I saw they were re-doing the trilogy and not CTR. I'd love it if they did. Came with my PS1, my first console, played the 🤬 out of it too.

I still remember buying CTR new when it came out, in fact I think it's the only PlayStation game I still have today. Course, I don't have an original PlayStation anymore, so I play the digital version on PS3. My sister has the original 3 Crash games, though, in their cases and everything and still plays them from time to time on her PS2.

I can't wait to see gameplay footage of the 2nd and 3rd games though! They've only been showing the first game. I wonder if they will keep the passcode system in 1, along with a save feature. Sometimes I liked entering in the passcode to unlock everything. I feel like a kid again thinking about this game. :lol:

I never really played CTR all that much despite owning it. When I got CTR, it was well after I had gotten my PS2 and I had moved on from PS1 games at that point, so it never really got any quality play time.

I'm sure there will be differences, but judging from the playthroughs of levels that I've seen, the differences are kinda minute. Not perfectly 1:1 but fairly close.
My thoughts exactly.

Lots of things I'm looking forward to. Hog riding levels, the bosses, the boulder levels (my bane when I was 4 years old, but one of my favorite levels now), the polar bear segments in 2, and just... everything!
I really look forward to seeing Road to Ruin and Ruination from Crash Bandicoot 2, some of my all time favorite levels.

Perhaps if David Jaffe decides to make another Twisted Metal game as well, then I'd be completely hook, line, and sinker.
Yes! Twisted Metal 2012 desperately needs a sequel since they really set up an interesting story in it and teased a sequel to it in the end. Sadly I doubt it will ever happen though. :indiff:

Back