Crash Bandicoot Discussion - (It's About Time 10/2 Release)

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 383 comments

Tawna is back! She hasn't been in the main series since the first game (N Sane doesn't count).

Love her new style for the 4th Crash game! Kind of reminds me of her CTR-Nitro Fueled skins hehe!

Anyway, here's another artwork of Tawna in Crash 4:

50305541541_e77083b8a0_h.jpg

Her play style reminds me of Nina in Twinsanity, just with grappling hooks instead of mecha arms.

Can't say I saw this coming, but it's certainly got me even more curious. I feel like the game's either going to be a tremendous success, revive the Crash series and introduce a new wave of original games and fans, or it'll be a massive flop, everyone will come and go and Crash will fade into obscurity once more..

Someone in Prosafia's comments said the same thing.

So, that makes Crash, Coco, Cortex, Dingodile and now Tawna as playable characters. I like this lineup, hope they expand it more before the release or add more as DLC.

Last edited:
Can't say I saw this coming, but it's certainly got me even more curious. I feel like the game's either going to be a tremendous success, revive the Crash series and introduce a new wave of original games and fans, or it'll be a massive flop, everyone will come and go and Crash will fade into obscurity once more..

If Crash 4 is a fun, engaging and to some people, challanging game at release, it should do well.

The fanbase have been pretty positive for the game since the first trailer was shown.

I like everything about Alternate Tawna's design except for the hair, never been a fan of that hair style. I mean, it fits the look; I just reaaally don't like that hair style.

Oh and about the game, I honestly haven't paid enough attention to this game since the first trailer. but what limited footage I've seen between the first trailer and the Tawna gameplay, I'm excited. It honestly seems quite promising.

Though I'm honestly glad to be looking forward to Crash games again.

Maybe this is a silly question

How do I get the demo for Crash 4? I have pre ordered since the announcement and can't find a way in the PS Store to download

Maybe this is a silly question

How do I get the demo for Crash 4? I have pre ordered since the announcement and can't find a way in the PS Store to download
Not silly, I have the same question. Maybe it's not available until later in the day?

Right. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering a demo is meant to sway potential buyers into a decision. :lol:
It almost does the exact opposite of a demo... ...if one must buy the game in order to try it, they can't be all that confident that the demo is good enough to persuade people to buy it!

It almost does the exact opposite of a demo... ...if one must buy the game in order to try it, they can't be all that confident that the demo is good enough to persuade people to buy it!
I suppose it's more of a game preview for those suckers (myself included) that pre-ordered the game and the demo will become available to all either right before the launch or after for those who did not pre-order. Just an odd way to do things, for sure.

In any case, I've got it downloaded, just need to finish work before trying it out. Though, I work remote at home lately, my employer won't even know. :P

After a few minutes trying it out and having died too many times to count, just on the Snow Way Out level

Compared to the PS1 games and the remaster
  • Crash's speed is hard to manage
  • There's a lot of inertia in jumps
  • Crash accelerates a lot when skating on ice
  • The level is very, very long, doesn't feel repetitive though
  • There is a lot going on with the new mask
Nothing I can't get used to, though

Also, 6 gems in that level alone, that's crazy, man.

Played (well, playing now) the demo and my first impression is it's a HARD game. For me, at least, the controls don't feel as precise as the original games or even the remake and most of the times I die is because of difficulty sticking a landing on a platform or being unable to slide or jump properly.

Now, it's something to adjust too and master but one section on the dino level is just hard because I think it's poorly designed. The section in particular requires a slide jump off a moving platform over lava, three times in a row, but the platforms seem a tad too small to do it properly. Maybe I suck, but it's hard.

Otherwise, I like it so far. Doesn't feel like Crash the way I expected it too, but 20 something years later and a new developer what was I expecting, really?

I was surprised to see this game was playable last night at about 9PM Eastern so I played the first few levels and I have to say (without spoilers) that the very first level had me feeling very nostalgic. I admit the demo was a little disappointing to me, but so far I am happy with the full game.

This game has a great sensation, the level designs so far have been amazing and also all so far feel unique. In terms of gameplay itself, the game is harder than I expected, the new mechanics add a new layer of complexity besides the usual crate hopping, plus avoiding obstacles that we could see at in the original trilogy, I am still not fully used to them, but I've enjoyed what I've seen so far.

I've played a just a few hours so far and I'm sure I have a few months worth of gameplay ahead to look forward to; apparently, there are people who have completed the whole game already, where's the fun in that? :crazy:

I completed the main levels (not including the N'verted or Flashback levels) last night, that's just getting trough the levels without attempting to complete them fully. I gotta say, it was a very tough game to me. The originals were hard, too, but a whole lot more basic in comparison to 4. This game has fairly complex levels with boxes hidden in unusual places sometimes or scattered about. I really enjoyed the game, but I can't see myself perfecting many of the levels. Completing the game entirely will take a LONG time, don't worry about that.

Overall I enjoyed the game and will attempt to progress more and find crystals. At times it had me feeling like it was 1996 again, but I admit I didn't really feel like I was playing a true sequel to the original trilogy, as is expected with a game 20 years later by a different developer. Some of the levels felt very out of place for the Crash universe, but with the whole time jumping thing I suppose they were allowed to do whatever they wanted. I didn't particularly enjoy playing as the other characters besides Crash and Coco.

The very last level before the second Cortex boss fight was especially tough. They threw all the masks at you at once, took me a good 20 tries just to get from the final checkpoint to the end. :lol:

I feel like there may be a 5th game, but there could easily not be with the ending. Maybe that's it and that's fine by me, really, Crash was my childhood favorite game, was nice to see a new game in the same vein one more time. Was very touching to see a tribute to Mel Winkler, the voice of Aku Aku at the very end.

Last edited:
Firstly, after getting the PS4 disc version of Crash 4 as a Christmas present, I can happily say that I've been enjoying it a lot so far. A big step up from the original trilogy in terms of scale and challenge (even in the boss stages) though some of the requirements for gems, Flashback Tapes, etc. feel incredibly strict the further you progress. Lost a ton of lives on some levels and have had at least three game overs to date; something which I don't recall ever getting on the N. Sane Trilogy.

Secondly, I found out this morning that a Crash animated series was reportedly in the works, but got cancelled recently allegedly due to issues over scripting. Got to be honest, the test animation that was shared with the GoNintendo article didn't initially sit well with me. Compared to the opening cutscene from the remade Crash 1, it felt hyperactive and like it tried too hard to lean in on the 'wacky' side at the cost of building a sinister atmosphere and properly laying out Cortex's motivations.

Apparently, there was another version of this with minor detail differences and less fast-paced animation; both can be viewed here:

Speaking of Cortex... I'm currently finding his portrayal in Crash 4 hilarious and it felt jarring to me that the test animation didn't have him voiced by Lex Lang. Have to wonder what level of involvement Toys for Bob, Vicarious Visions or Beenox had with this series before it got canned.

Last edited:
Giving this thread a bump to say that I’ve finally played CTR:

9B1E04C7-2EDD-4E2B-9CEA-0D2F5BE95DB9.jpeg

E981D45D-0246-41F1-9D45-8AEA99B606F5.jpeg

4EA60E6D-1202-4E10-A888-2F2E64E03C66.jpeg

55694261-084D-4F62-99B6-C9EAEC9D824F.jpeg

9CA28776-747D-4813-896D-15237B4AFD34.jpeg

7B01AA13-7D9A-4739-913B-126AAE13088F.jpeg

I know I didn’t get all the platinum relics, but I don’t care. The only ones I think I can still do are Polar Pass and maybe N. Gin Labs. Papu’s Pyramid is just unfair with some of the crates by plants. Sewer Speedway can 🤬 off

I’d say this is my favorite kart racer. It’s challenging without being unfair with opponents using items against you like Mario Kart and even Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed at times are. While I know Nitro Fueled exists, I don’t have any of the consoles it’s on. If only Microsoft has plans to bring it to PC once their Activision purchase is complete…

Attachments

• 819EB85F-391E-42A0-B999-DD0F664DC46F.jpeg
    819EB85F-391E-42A0-B999-DD0F664DC46F.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 7
  • A619ADFE-070F-48D8-B25C-BBF0721DD538.jpeg
    A619ADFE-070F-48D8-B25C-BBF0721DD538.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 6
Back