Crazy ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Android and Chrome redirects might be some rogue app issue, check apps installed and uninstall any that look dodgy. Clearing web data might help. I just tried on my Android phone Chrome and had no redirects. Firefox on Android shouldn't have any issues. I noticed some ads target Chrome and Android users a lot while on Firefox on Android I don't have such issues so stick to using that as my main web browser.

Not always.
Firefox can get it too.
Because I get it on both FF and Chrome.

Screenshot_20180121-231246.png
Another one

Heres a new one. No branding but it was locked to the top of the page. The ad would fill the screen of my phone covering any content under it.
Screenshot_20180123-194142.png

Since last Tuesday, I've been getting popups on the homepage redirecting to bopstermedia56.com on Chrome for Android, offering updates to my phone. No new apps installed in the last 3 weeks that could harm my phone (non-rooted, always using apps from the Play Store).

Wow, that's bizarre; I've never had an ad attach itself to the side of the browser before on GTPlanet. It's usually just hangin' 'round at the bottom somewhere.

I had this today too, was pretty funny being stuck to the side like that, mine wasn't in the way at least.

Had one of those last night while logging onto GTP on my new laptop.

Thought it was amusing.

Yeah, I'm not sure what that's doing over there. :lol:

Thanks for the screenshot, Marcus. I've passed it along to the ad provider and it should get taken care of.

Jordan, not sure if this helps, but:
upload_2018-2-12_19-41-0.png

I get it a lot on GTPlanet, but not on any other sites.

Yeah, I'm not sure what that's doing over there. :lol:

Thanks for the screenshot, Marcus. I've passed it along to the ad provider and it should get taken care of.
I'm getting the same with the adds on the right hand side. It's nothing major as it doesn't happen when I'm logged in.

This is where they start off.

Untitled.png

And then they move as I scroll down obscuring the 'Members Online' and 'New Members' sections.

qwe.png

Jordan, not sure if this helps, but:
View attachment 713930
I get it a lot on GTPlanet, but not on any other sites.
Looks like that's from Nielsen, an analytics company. Nothing to be concerned about, but thanks for letting me know. I'd say they'll resolve that issue with their certificate soon.

I'm getting the same with the adds on the right hand side. It's nothing major as it doesn't happen when I'm logged in.
Yes, you could see those on the bottom if you're not signed in. Once you are logged into your account, they should not appear (in either location).

Yes, you could see those on the bottom if you're not signed in. Once you are logged into your account, they should not appear (in either location).
It's not the bottom one that's the issue, it's the one on the right that keeps moving down as I scroll down. In my top picture it shows the 'Members Online' section at the bottom but as I continue to scroll the advert follows obscuring 'Members Online', 'Mods Online' and 'New Members' sections. Apologies for not being clearer, I tried to get the same advert in different spots but it kept changing on me. If I continued to scroll down even the 'Latest Member' would have completely been covered.
qwe.png

It's not the bottom one that's the issue, it's the one on the right that keeps moving down as I scroll down.
Ah, yes, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'll see if I can get that fixed, thanks.

I am very annoyed with these new scrolling ads. I get them in articles and I have to scroll through them before I can continue to scroll down the page. They are very long. The following screenshots are from one ad and I didn't even get to the bottom of it...
Screenshot_20180228-170215.png
Screenshot_20180228-170223.png
Screenshot_20180228-170230.png
Screenshot_20180228-170236.png
Screenshot_20180228-170242.png

The images repeat and have videos which are the same thing... It's like super annoying

The images repeat and have videos which are the same thing... It's like super annoying
That is very annoying. It shouldn't be happening; something is definitely broken but I've never seen it occur before.

I'll let the ad provider know about it. Thanks for sharing those screenshots.

These are so annoying! One very long set of ads to scroll through :( That "welcome, you made it to the end message" makes me want to punch my phone.

Screenshot_20180306-085549.png
Screenshot_20180306-085609.png
Screenshot_20180306-085620.png
Screenshot_20180306-085620.png
Screenshot_20180306-085629.png
Screenshot_20180306-085639.png
Screenshot_20180306-085649.png
Screenshot_20180306-085703.png
Screenshot_20180306-085711.png
Screenshot_20180306-085718.png

These are so annoying! One very long set of ads to scroll through :( That "welcome, you made it to the end message" makes me want to punch my phone.
You should be able to move past it by scrolling with your finger "outside" the banner unit itself, on the background of the actual page.

So I've been having these videos ads that stick to the bottom right of the screen like in the YouTube Android app. They don't play audio but are still annoying.

(the photo doesn't show them sticking to the screen, but they do)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180302-094357.png
    Screenshot_20180302-094357.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 18
So I've been having these videos ads that stick to the bottom right of the screen like in the YouTube Android app. They don't play audio but are still annoying.
OK, I've fixed this bug. You shouldn't see those if you're signed in to your account.

I’ve been getting this once a day for over a week it feels like. fix this. No way to exit out without closing the tab.
Annoying .
Was it the same "perfectgiftopen.top" URL that was in Dave's screenshot?

Got on GTP before logging on. Not sure if ads are supposed to sticky?

bad_ads1.png
bad_ads2.png

Both the 'One Quick Question' ad and the Chevy banner are from the first ad slot on the page and anchored themselves when I scrolled down.

bad_ads3.JPG

That's also happening. It only goes to its normal spot when you have all of the ad window open.

Yes, if you're not logged in you will see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back