Cricket World Cup

• Thread starter SandStorm
  • 238 comments
Originally posted by meeekael
JOHN what r u doing

Oh i see...you were on my ignore list and i couldn;t figure out what you were doing...sowwy and yes the aussies are going down and i will eat my words if NZ lose which they wont

Ah - should be a good one tonight. Slow pitch will suit the black caps, and Cairns is bowling again.

I can't see Australia getting beaten, though - they've been scary-good all the way through the tournament.

Whos playing? NZ and Aus? Cairns is only just getting his groove back. At one stage he had only bowled 2 overs in the cup and conceded 50 something runs, but then within the next few overs he got some wickets. But I don't think hes back to normal.

I'm not even going to watch, I already know the outcome. Australia scoring 270+, NZ bowled out for 100 in the 28th over. Thats just my guess though... :lol:

It should be fairly close. The Aussies have Gilchrist, Hayden and Ponting and Lee, Bichel and McGrath in the bowling and your lot have Astle and Fleming, and Cairns and Bond in the bowling. I reckon to expect scores above 270.

...they cleared 200 in the last over, Brett lee putting 2 over the fence of the last 2 balls, 1 over long on and the other over cover

what a bastard of a pitch it is as well i guess we shall see if the sheep shaggers can get over the line here

i hate you australians...always winning....rrrgggg

YOU BASTARDS WERE 84/7 ahhhhhhhhh

I knew bevan and bichel would do that rrrggg

Originally posted by meeekael
i hate you australians...always winning....rrrgggg

YOU BASTARDS WERE 84/7 ahhhhhhhhh

I knew bevan and bichel would do that rrrggg

I must admit I was a bit concerned at that point - especially with the rate at which wickets were falling. The pitch seemed to settle down a bit at that point - either that or some sting went out of the battle, it certainly wasn't seaming around the way it was early on.

Originally posted by Cobraboy
6-23 isnt all that bad.

Heh - at the risk of some undestatement! As I mentioned, I think a lot of zip had gone out of the ball and pitch when he came on for his second spell, but I don't think Fleming had a choice - he's already been caught without a front-line bowler in the last few overs (remember the Zimbabwe game?) so he wasn't going to let that happen again.

...and look at Kenya go
anybody got any cash on them to win the 'cup? imagine the sort of odds you would have got when the compitition started!!:D

Yeah, Kenya are a red-hot chance for the cup now, I reckon. They've made the Semis, all they need is another win and they're through to the final.

Side note: The Kiwi's gave me a real scare for a while there, but Australia brilliantly defended their total.

yep and a close shot of skaife when he spun it right in front of us
Turn 14 sounded like a Ford corner from the heckling he recieved, I'll let you guys figure oout what was said (will just get the asterix's if i type it up :lol: )

Back