CSR Racing 2

• Thread starter TB
  • 155 comments
Is it a bad thing that I haven't won any of the boss cars yet?

You're not missing much. Boss cars can make the early story/ladder races in the following tier easy plus their continuous freshness rating gives you extra RP, but you would have to acquire a regular car in that tier eventually to complete the chapter. Have you tried opening silver crates? Sometimes you get awarded a car in a tier you haven't started yet, which makes things even easier than winning a boss car.

You're not missing much. Boss cars can make the early story/ladder races in the following tier easy plus their continuous freshness rating gives you extra RP, but you would have to acquire a regular car in that tier eventually to complete the chapter. Have you tried opening silver crates? Sometimes you get awarded a car in a tier you haven't started yet, which makes things even easier than winning a boss car.
That happened last weekend. Grinding through T3, I got a silver crate with a Vanquish in it.

That happened last weekend. Grinding through T3, I got a silver crate with a Vanquish in it.

Unless you really want an exclusive car, a boss car is not a necessity. Instead, use the prize money from the T3 boss race to upgrade the Vanquish. ;)

So... new 500-plus mb update out today, surprised no one is talking about it. Online has been tweaked. However, the main highlight is that the Chiron is in, as well as a Tier 2 Exige and a couple of LB-tuned cars, so it's a nice update overall. Although the Chiron is not actually in the game's dealership just yet, it's been announced as an actual thing. Doubt I'll ever get the chance to buy one, but eh, it's nice.

Also, the GT86 has had its name changed to just 86 for... reasons (the car hasn't even been changed in design terms, it's still the original design), and it also sets your car looks back to default, so beware of that. Fortunately, the devs haven't been di:censored:ish to the point where you'd lose all the parts in your car, those get carried over. Thanks, devs, that's might kind of you.

Did anyone have a Dodge Dart Mopar '13 before the update? I won it from a crate and now it seems that car has vanished from the game and I have been given a Fiesta ST + 50 Gold instead. I didn't have any upgrades on the Dart but apparently they would have been transferred anyway.

EDIT: If you had a GT86 before the update, enjoy some free Gold (20 to be precise)

Last edited:
Did anyone have a Dodge Dart Mopar '13 before the update? I won it from a crate and now it seems that car has vanished from the game and I have been given a Fiesta ST + 50 Gold instead. I didn't have any upgrades on the Dart but apparently they would have been transferred anyway.

EDIT: If you had a GT86 before the update, enjoy some free Gold (20 to be precise)

Someone in the Play store had the same thing happened to them with no explanation. It's pretty bad considering lots of people pay real money for cars and parts!

I received my 20 gold for the name change on the 86 but more importantly, my Mercedes which was running 10.6xx is now at this:

Screenshot_2016-08-09-17-41-25.png

Assuming the T3 boss isn't also running faster after the update (she was at 10.5xx), it appears my wait to take her on has FINALLY come to an end.

It's. About. Damn. Time.

Screenshot_2016-08-09-22-04-58.png

I'm not sure why they adjusted the C63 in the update but I'm happy they did.

May I ask, is anyone else having issues trying to quit the game? I try to click the back key on my phone (as you normally would), but it doesn't do anything... So, I have to use the Home key instead, but I know that's not exactly how you turn off the game.
Any pointers as to why this is happening now?

In the meantime, two highlights; got a nice gift from another Silver box but I don't quite know what to do with it;
CSR 2 Hellcat.png

(I mean I like the Hellcat, but I already have my 2-star Mustang, and people here say that's one of the best Tier 3 cars in the entire game, so...)

And I know the game's "storyline" revolves around stolen goods, but I didn't know the ongoing plot leaked into the garage;
CSR 2 Mah Wheels.png

Yeah, check out my BMW M235i, Detroit Special! :lol:

TB
Same here. It bothers me more than it probably should.

Trust me, you aren't the only one concerned about this. Quitting normally should still be possible, and yet it seems that the update broke that... I don't like it when a game doesn't get turned off by pressing the back key, I just don't.

TB
I'll have to go check my cars. :lol:

Edit: All 64 tires present and accounted for.

Well I did forget to mention that after restarting the phone (the game froze when I leveled up to Level 21, if you can believe that), the wheels were returned to their rightful owner. I guess the thiefs went "wait, this is stupid" and gave them back...

Also they should've stolen my SLS Black Series's wheels, those are worth a lot more. :lol:

I'm also experiencing the back button issue and have raised it in my review of the game on the Play store. It seems like they really scrimped on the testing of this update!

Is anyone else getting the can't connect to server message when trying to go into Rare Imports?

Edit: Of course after 15 minutes of not working, as soon as I post that it's fine now...

Last edited:
This is the largest difference I have won a daily battle by (pre-update)... Almost appears as though the AI shifted into reverse at the start! :lol:
CSR Daily Difference.png

Didn't even notice that.... The AI seems have to have gained a massive amount of speed at the finish line too! :odd: The game probably threw random numbers since the stats appeared before Yves crossed the finish line. :P

Just noticed the AI drive slower cars in the daily battles now... Makes things easier when you screw up the launch. :P
CSR Daily 2.png

Updated last night. I had to uninstall/reinstall the game because my phone didn't have sufficient storage first. The cloud save was available and it worked for me. My Dart was replaced with a Fiesta (I was hoping for an FR-S, because it was the only Tier 1 car I don't own).

Otherwise, nothing else for me to share.

...wow, it has gotten quiet all of a sudden here, hasn't it? Well, I do have a question; has anyone else here driven the recently-added Koenigsegg Regera CSR edition yet? I have, and oddly enough you still have to shift (despite the car having a CVT transmission in real life, yes)... Such silliness, devs. :lol:

Ah, and I'm a Tier 5 driver now; got myself a F12, although I begin to suspect that wasn't the wisest decision. Accel is great, but top-end speed isn't as much...

...wow, it has gotten quiet all of a sudden here, hasn't it? Well, I do have a question; has anyone else here driven the recently-added Koenigsegg Regera CSR edition yet? I have, and oddly enough you still have to shift (despite the car having a CVT transmission in real life, yes)... Such silliness, devs. :lol:

Ah, and I'm a Tier 5 driver now; got myself a F12, although I begin to suspect that wasn't the wisest decision. Accel is great, but top-end speed isn't as much...

The F12 is quite fast once suped up. I have one but don't have Stage 6 parts so it's basically unused. I use my Aventendor.

This new update really nerfed a bunch of cars. My go to T4, the AMG GT was racing at 205mph but it only at 192mph after tuning. However the Stingray is now the go to car in the T3 Live races.

The F12 is quite fast once suped up. I have one but don't have Stage 6 parts so it's basically unused. I use my Aventendor.

This new update really nerfed a bunch of cars. My go to T4, the AMG GT was racing at 205mph but it only at 192mph after tuning. However the Stingray is now the go to car in the T3 Live races.
So the stingray is back in the ring! Back when it started you could tune the stingray to beat much faster opponents (I had stage 2-3/5 parts all round the car) by 2-3 seconds. In multi when I used it i hit a streak of 17 or so but quit after a while because it got boring.
After the update the tuning got nerfed so the stingray went back into the shadows, good to see it back.
The F12 is a beast car when tuned, mine had almost all stage 6 parts and absolutely flogged everything, dont worry about the top speed thing because a bit of tuning can fix that ^^ was such a good car, got the t5 boss car with it

I uninstalled the game, didn't see much value in it after completing story mode. :P
14495489_1167873313273266_4081171758994716839_n.jpg

New story events, cars and crew perks coming soon

14494805_10157483804425114_3803536373041570585_n.jpg

And now Stripping cars for fusion parts were redone. It's no longer the flat rate 5,000 per car. It's now up to 100 grand to strip a T5 car, as it should result in better fusion parts.

I uninstalled the game, didn't see much value in it after completing story mode. :P

Well there will be new racers to compete against in all areas, if the map screen is anything to go by, so there might some value to play at a later time... I guess my endurance with this game is a bit bigger than in previous CSR games, because I have never gone this far in one. Shame it's going to be a grind for dough before my F12 gets any better... :P :lol:

Also, I know you have ditched this game a long time ago, @TB, but if you ever come back, I have good news for ya; the latest update has fixed the button issue that prevented people from quitting the game by using the "Back" key in their mobile devices. Finally, my OCD can rest assured about that... :lol:

Latest Posts

Back