CSR Racing 2

• Thread starter TB
  • 155 comments
I'm not sure about any of you guys but my T4 R35 GT-R can smoke any T5 Ferrari/Bentley/Lambo, etc. on a 1/2 (and I'd assume in a 1/4 as well) I still play seasons with my crew and solo seasons with live races, new track spiced things up and grinding out keys as well 👍

Long live GT-R :D

It seems I have a knack to discover bugs in this game... If you care to remember, I once found out that my BMW M235i had its wheels "stolen" for a brief period, making it a Detroit Special. However, this time around the bug I discovered was the fusion kind. Behold;
CSR 2 SLS4C 1.png
CSR 2 SLS4C 2.png

Hey, I already have the 4C Spider, sweet. No need to waste silver keys on something I already own, despite the unflattering position... :lol:

But yes, the issue did sort itself out after I changed screens, so sadly my 4C ownership was rather short-lived. Also, do those pictures mean my SLS was a SLS Spider for a brief amount of time? :lol:
On a different note, the one silver box I got during the 4C period didn't give me a 4C, but something rather different;
CSR 2 Huracan.png

2 doors, Italian, close enough. Also, I think I'm going to pour all my Tier 5 money on this rather than my F12, because this thing's acceleration can make a Koenigsegg blush. It goes from 0 to 60 in the same amount of time my heavily-modified SLS does, which is stunning because the Lambo didn't even had +Evo points when I first drove it! :crazy:
Top speed isn't all that great, but I'm sure that will change after a couple of upgrades...

I don't know how much longer I'll play. It's not a quick blast anymore due to loading times and transitions, and if I do want to play on my phone Motorsports Manager and Gran Prix Story keep my attention better.

@Niku Driver HC The Detroit special :D

I'm still rockin and rollin in this GT-R of mine, had an entire lobby of F12/Lambo/SLS etc. leave in live races because I bet 50k a race :D

Edit: GT-R R35 (T4) 1/2 mile record of 13.789, no fusion/rare/s6/epics. Maxed out 640 PP

Last edited:
I really wish I could paint the Aventador, but it looks like it's unable to be tampered with because it's from a rare import. Sucks kinda, I wanted it in the almost red-orange I have on mine from GT6.
I agree. I was fortunate enough to win a white Camaro Z28 a few weeks ago and I wanted to paint it red because it makes it go faster.

As for the game itself, I've been bored of it for quite some time, but there's just something about it that makes me want to go back to it. I still play daily events, and, depending on the tier that's required, using the same car. I've considered quitting for quite some time. I'll probably stop when I run out of gold, but it hasn't been an issue for me just yet. It also eats up my device's storage (it's a meager 8GB, and over half of that is system memory). If I do get a new device, an Apple one preferably, I'd think that it's too late for me to get into the game without the urge to spend money on the game and not bother with it at all.

Last edited:
I decided to reinstall this game and quite a lot has changed since I last played; A new story mode, new cars including Porsches, new track (though that's been in the game since last year), ability to rearrange cars in garages and Jerry now provides generous daily gifts.

Initially, starting the Tempest (new story mode) sounds demanding - you need to pay an entrance fee of $2m and two maxed out cars for each tier are essential; one for the trials and another for the main races. So far I have only completed the Tier 3 races of the Tempest and will move onto the Tier 1 races soon.

Also I got my hands on some Gold keys (yep, I took advantage of an ~80% discount offer) and they sure delivered some goods! :D
screenshot-2017-03-20-10-42-19.png

screenshot-2017-03-20-10-43-28.png

The other cars I got from gold crates were the Ferrari F12 and GT-R (I already had the latter so I stripped it for parts)

I can't believe I am still playing this game. I still participate in the daily events because I can always use some more cash, gold, fusion parts, S6 upgrades, and keys. Now that it seems that the prestige cup cars are the cars that can only be won in Rare Imports, I save my silver keys until the next car is on offer. I won the Lykan when it was the deal of the season. Gold keys rarely come by for me because I have not and likely never will spend money on the game. I used my gold keys three times so far, and I won a Venom GT, a Corvette Z06, and a C63 for each spin.

As for the Tempe5t events, I completed the first layer and won all five boss cars. The cars I used were as follows:
  • T1: A Fiesta with rarity; my heart skipped a beat when I won the Civic because the race was so close!
  • T2: A WRX without rarity
  • T3: A Mustang with rarity
  • T4: An SLS AMG with all S6 upgrades; the race for the GT-R was close but wasn't as close as my Civic race
  • T5: A Huracan without rarity; I won the Spano by more than a second
I'm at the first stage of the second layer currently. You need to pay a fee like you had to for the first layer as well as use a different set of cars for the time trials. Once again, you cannot use the cars you ran for the time trials for the races. The first stage uses Tier 2 cars. My 718 Boxster without rarity has done the job rather quickly at this point, although the Tempe5t races are on the rear of my priority list for the game at this point, with time-limited cups coming before campaign races.

Online racing is off-limits for me. I'm at an inherent disadvantage because I'm a free player, so opportunities for fusion parts, S6 upgrades, and some cars come less frequently. Every tier, especially 5, have oppressively overpowered cars that make it hard for new/free players to compete. Time is a smaller issue for me, however. I value my education and sleep, so I don't spend every waking moment racing. Although I still enjoy the game, it isn't of high importance for me.

I've just started playing CSR2 today, and I'm looking for a crew to support. I don't know if the GTPlanet crew is still accepting recruits, so I'll send an application just in case. I go by my forum name and PSN name on the game.

I am aware that this is a double-post, however I believe that enough time has passed since my last post to share a discovery of mine here. Having raced Summer of the Gold Rushers today, I noticed that she appears to have acquired a new car.

Originally, Summer drove a Range Rover Evoque. When the TEMPE5T update was introduced, the Evoque was transferred to Shana and Summer instead got a yellow Lotus Exige. With Finn getting an Exige as part of the second TEMPE5T update, I wasn't sure if Summer would continue to drive an Exige as well. My answer came when it was time to race her...

Summer is now driving a white Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition coupe. Note that the car is specifically referred to as Summer's 4C, rather than simply a 4C Launch Edition. This leads me to believe that this will be the Tier 2 prize car in the third TEMPE5T update.

Last edited:
I felt like bumping this thread so I could provide a status update on my game progress. I've been meaning to do it for a week, but I never got around to it.

I have completed the second set of Tempe5t events, something that has taken me three months to do. I complete the routine events, such as the daily trials, crew cups, supply cups, and the prestige cups when I own the car needed before I work on Tempe5t progress.

I won all five boss cars, but the first one (the Exige) ended up for worse for me: when I won it the first time, my account had to sync. Instead of moving on to the garage, I had to race for Finn's Exige again, this time in Tier 1. I won that race with no issues, but the Exige is now Tier 1. It would probably be the most heartbreaking moment I ever encountered in my CSR2 career, even beating out losing to Victor for his F-Type. I have contacted NaturalMotion support, and a representative said that it is a graphical error.

I won the other cars with ease and with no errors.

Now that school is over for the year for me, I don't think I'll be playing as compulsively until a new set of Tempe5t events are released. I still avoid online racing, and I don't plan on making any IAPs.

Before I leave, Donna has also been giving me cars I didn't previously own lately. She's given me a GT-R, a Vanquish, an Aventador SV, and a Liberty Walk Hellcat, but the last one is the current prestige cup car.

CSR2 AR Mode now available on iOS!
  • AR Mode brings augmented reality to the CSR2 experience, allowing the placement of cars from your CSR2 garage in the real world through the use of Apple's ARKit.
Here's some of my AR photos. Very Pokemon Go-ish

Also can get some decent interior shots

..shows Van Morrison playing on the radio

CSR2 AR Mode now available on iOS!
  • AR Mode brings augmented reality to the CSR2 experience, allowing the placement of cars from your CSR2 garage in the real world through the use of Apple's ARKit.
Here's some of my AR photos. Very Pokemon Go-ish

Also can get some decent interior shots

..shows Van Morrison playing on the radio

This was the reason why I reinstalled :)

This game is over two years old now, and I'm still going strong.

In the time since my last post on this thread, a third set of Tempe5t events was released. Like the other two sets, you need to complete time trials with cars that you have not completed time trials for in order to qualify for the other Tempe5t tiers. Upon completion of these time trials, you receive an MX-5, which is a (much-needed) Tier 1 car. I highly recommend having plenty of Mazda fusion parts at hand. I had to end up purchasing super nitrous in order to win the boss car, a Ford Focus TrackSTer (does that car actually exist?). At least I don't have to worry about ads anymore!

The rest of the tiers were easy for me; I won the rest of the boss cars without much difficulty:
  • T3: Used a Liberty Walk M4 (won in the first set of Tempe5t events)
  • T2: Used a 718 Boxster (overwhelmingly the best T2 car in the game)
  • T5: Used a Venom GT (I got it to under eight seconds in the half-mile)
  • T4: Used an F40 for the majority of the T4 set (an 'impossible' 0-60 race forced me to switch to a Rocket Bunny Silvia)
My experience with the game, including the cars I won from Donna, is likely very different from the experiences of other users. As a result, my notes may not be necessarily helpful. That's what happens when the vast majority of the cars are limited to loot boxes!

Good news for fans of CSR Classics; CSR2’s next update, “Legends,” will add a bunch of classics and retro supercars to collect, restore and race. The following cars have been seen on IGCD:

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 Quattrovalvole
1992 Honda NSX-R
1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1993 McLaren F1

There may be extra cars coming that have not been pictured as evidence.

Alright, the Legends update is now out for iPhone users. I’ve been playing through a bit of racing and restoring, so if anyone has any questions about the Legends features, feel free to ask me.

Back