Current progress reports

Originally posted by UB57
To gumpy :
:D Yes to both. Maxxed out turbo is about 288 HP if I remember & Default Final Drive Ratio. Let us know how you do...UB57
:D

Gave up last night.

Managed to break out of Cote in a Pol002 and did 50 sec laps.

Also improved my Pol001 setup by 6 secs a lap at Trial Mountain II.

ok the S licences are done. did them last night and found them all suprisingly easy... :/

the only ones i had to have more than 3 runs at were the gt40 and the last one.

gonna start tyhe poly digital cup pro league. just need the right car to do it.
do yua recon the fiat is up to it?

:D No ving, don't think the Fiat is up to it, remember only mods allowed are tires & oil change!!!:eek: :eek: ...UB57

OOOPS!!! 👍Congratulations on obtaing your "S" Licence!!! 👍

Ving I have heard the following: The competition here seems to be more varied than most, but the best cars that you seem to get put up against are the Nissan Skylines, Chevrolet Corvette Z06's, Chevrolet Camaros, Z Concept Cars, or Lancer Evolutions.

For me the Z concept is what I had to beat.

The races are:

Trial Mountain II (20 laps)
Mid-Field Raceway II (20 laps)
Rome Circuit II (20 laps)
Special Stage Route 5 II (20 laps)
Seattle Circuit II (20 laps)
Apricot Hill Raceway II (20 laps)
Deep Forest Raceway II (20 laps)
Special Stage Route 11 II (20 laps)
Grand Valley Speedway II (20 laps)
Tokyo R246 II (20 laps)

Would you need to pit at these ?

I would suggest doing a qualifying run at TMII and see how you go. The Z concept pits twice in each race but always qualified in 3rd place for me.

You could even run a few laps and see how you go.

I would find it tough but you would be used to that car. You would be sacrificing about 60hp to the Z concept with similar weights. I think you need to try and see.

Originally posted by gumpy
Gave up last night.

Managed to break out of Cote in a Pol002 and did 50 sec laps.

Also improved my Pol001 setup by 6 secs a lap at Trial Mountain II.

Last night I finished the Dream Car Cup and found my new F1 setup has got me within the range where I could win the F1 cup.

AHHHHH gumpy gumpy gumpy:
:D Leaving th Vitz Pro Race for last eh??? (Actually I'm sure you'll find it more challenging but less time consuming than the F-1 Series.) IMO PD missed it bad on the F-1 series, best thing I can say is will keep you occupied for quite a while, but not much of a challenge...UB57

I still want to try and leave the F1 series till last. I just like the idea of 4 F1 cars in one hit.

I may pre race the last 3 F1 races but then try the other series.

I noticed I still have 1 Clio race left as well.

Later tonight I should be able to concentrate for a while so I may take another crack at the Vitz series.

Later tonight I should be able to concentrate for a while so I may take another crack at the Vitz series.

:D Kool, let me know if you need any more help. I'm no "Tuning Guru" but I got my "Vitz" to where I can use it to beat the Pro FF Series...UB57

Originally posted by UB57
:D Kool, let me know if you need any more help. I'm no "Tuning Guru" but I got my "Vitz" to where I can use it to beat the Pro FF Series...UB57

I guess it is too much to ask for you to come out to Australia and actually race it for me. :lol:

Originally posted by ving
oh ok... i'll buy a different car for the pd cup then...

i have about 90k.
what doyou sugest?

Please choose carefully

Viper GTS - Buy for 78,680
Mustang SVT Cobra R - Buy for 31,150
3400S - Buy for 76,740
Tuscan Speed 6 - Buy for 80,790
RX-7 Type RZ - Buy for 39,980
Lancer Evolution VI GSR Tme - Buy for 32,780
Skyline 2000 GT-R V Spec II - Buy for 57,480
Impreza Sed WRX STi 2001 - Buy for 31,980
Supra RZ - Buy for 44,800

I think the best power weight and torque weight ratio are the Viper and the Tuscan Speed 6.

But I think the standard gear ratios on the Tuscan may be a little low. You could save your game buy the car and try it. If yo don't like it then reload your saved game and get a different car.

its a hard choice. :/

I am a fan of the rotaries so the rx7 looks good... but i like lancers too!

how bout an elise or vx220... are they up to it?

its a hard choice. :/

I am a fan of the rotaries so the rx7 looks good... but i like lancers too!

how bout an elise or vx220... are they up to it?

VX220 I woudl say defintely not.

Elise has similar power/weight ratio to the Viper but not quite as good on the torque level.

You should be able to get through with no pit stops.

I haven't driven an Elise much so do not know if its speed is enough. Remember you will need to accept the default handling though.

To ving:
:D I used a "Stock" Elise 190 to win the Trial Mtn 2Hr against similar cars. In one of the tests I did I think T2s lasted 25 or 26 laps so you might be able to run these races on T3s. But I'd sure try it out on a single race before entering the series...UB57

VX220 I woudl say defintely not.

Elise has similar power/weight ratio to the Viper but not quite as good on the torque level.

You should be able to get through with no pit stops.

I haven't driven an Elise much so do not know if its speed is enough. Remember you will need to accept the default handling though.

the vx220 has a more torque than the elise...
yes handling is a prime factor i think.... gosh, i dont know!

the vx220 has a more torque than the elise...
yes handling is a prime factor i think.... gosh, i dont know!

But the VX220 is heavier and its torque/weight ratio worse than the Elise.

i dont know what would be best for under 90k but if youve got a good enuf car win the allstars in pro and do save trick before last race if you dont win the viper gtsr concept load up and try again and if you cant win it try to do an enduro or 2 then go buy yourself the xj220 with superslicks it still handles like a dream and the tyres last the entire race:P ;)

Pro Vitz beaten. Thanks to all those who gave me advice.

I mainly used this write up and slightly modified some settings.

I also changed my gear settings at Laguna because of some advice that UB57 gave me. I didn't use his exact recommendation because my base setup was from Kodiak.

I pre raced Grand Valley II to get used to the car. I did not pit and ended up winning by about 1 minute.

At Rome I used all the same settings as Kodiak and won by about 7 secs.

At Laguna I changed the gearing - Final Drive 3.700 instead of Kodiaks 3.550 and won by 2 secs. I did this because I remembered the advice from UB57.

Test Track used final drive 3.000 won by 1 lap less a car length. Let me explain. I tried to make the car that was second in the series spin out. In the end I protected another cars second place by ensuring it was on the same lap as me and making the car that was second place in the series stay a lap down ie I crossed the finish line between the 2 cars.

SSRII - LSD Initial - turned it up from 5 to 20 and the same with LSD Accel. Also changed final drive to 3.400 and adjusted 5th gear from 1.026 to 1.009 and 6th from 0.887 to 0.853. Won by 26 secs. I needed to accelerate a little around the hairpins so adjusted the LSD. Also wall rode at the end of the 2 straights. Series won and used the save trick for the prize car.

Settled for the green Supra. Wanted the black Altezza but got sick of reloading and have a desire for various prize colours anyway.

Thanks Kodiak and UB57.

professional advise :P

I have takes the easy way out of doing the ppoly digital pro :/
I found a car that will win it fairly easy.

I did the first race and won by nearly 30 secs... tho the rx8 was catching me but it pitted 4 times during the race.

professional advise :P

I have takes the easy way out of doing the ppoly digital pro :/
I found a car that will win it fairly easy.

I did the first race and won by nearly 30 secs... tho the rx8 was catching me but it pitted 4 times during the race.

If I took your professional advice I would be driving a Fiat wouldn't I.

What car are you using in the PD Cup ?

After I beat Vitz pro I decided to race the Clio at Cote as I skipped out of that race when I won the series.

I tell you what getting out of a Vitz and into a Clio certainly makes the Clio look like one awesome car.

I am currently 7 races into the PD Cup second time around - I want to do the races I skipped first time and get another F1 car.

I will then have 4 races in the Elise, the time trials and the F1s to do to finish.

Back