D-Max's GTP Drift Matsuri (Next Meet Inside!)

• Thread starter ps3dan101
  • 688 comments
nice to see that these events are back:dopey:..im deffo coming if i can:tup:s-chassis ftw:P

Ohhhhh yeah. Can't wait for this. 👍

Won't this be affected by the D1 qualifying though?

BkS
Ohhhhh yeah. Can't wait for this. 👍

Won't this be affected by the D1 qualifying though?

Only fcpmarcus has to qualify If im right so no. 👍

Guys i'm pretty sure that there are going to be way too many people wanting in on this though... are you sure there's going to be enough room???

Like the Nemesis night slide rooms, First come first serve...

I'll be out drinking my life away to some Jack Daniels to even care about this though lol

I might join this event with my PS13. See you there!
drift.gif

Edit: Unless I've got other plans or I'm not welcome.

Last edited:
Right after a discusiion with Chris tonight i've decided to give it abit more organization:

Room opens at 8:00PM GMT 0

Balls to the wall style tandem competion starts at 8:45

Section Tandems from 9:30 onwards

The Competiton:

I will Judge and maybe have a guest Judge

Ideally 7 Pairs - randomly chosen no qualyfying

1 Pair at a time

2 Runs each ( One lead , One chase)

Try and do a good run with a close tandem, not really focussing on clipping points just having some mad tandems where both drivers try to get as close to the wall as possible.

Winner will be posted in thread

The line will be demonstrated at 8:30PM GMT before the competition

I'll hopefully show up in my red S14a. If not on time, then probably after the comps.

I might have to get into this, I can test my VDC car but less hp! Ill let you know later in the week.

wish i could do this event but already have plans set for the weekend. good luck everyone!

Wait wait a competition??? Woot lol i didnt even know about that :D

To avoid confusion,
This event is NOT a competition.

The matsuri is a meet of skilled and ameature drifters, having a good time in low powered, JDM, 'drift missile' style cars. For example I'm sorting an FC which has been nudged up to 300bhp, has a LSD and rims, that's it. You get encouraged to 'throw' the car into corners, and feeling the rewards for nailing it.

We are planning to run a few 'one-corner' meets as spectator events, watching pros and learners alike rag their creations round the toughest lines on the track. This will include mini tandem battles, and gives everyone the chance to show what they can and can't do when under pressure (also a good opportunity for driver's first judged battles if not attempted previously).

See you on Saturday!

It's a meet, not a comp. 👍

In the same way that the real life matsuri's are meets..... not comps....

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to miss out on this AGAIN.... Insert highly inappropriate word followed by an exclamation mark here.

Back