Daihatsu Vision GT,what will it be?! (Now with useless poll!)

• Thread starter zotobom
  • 164 comments

What do you think Daihatsu will do?

• Joke car (new Midget,something slow)

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Regular city car

Votes: 76 19.9%
  • Supercar

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
It would be no problem to fit a Veyron-esque engine into a Daihatsu Copen. No problem whatsoever. 1200hp and 820kg would be just about acceptable I guess.

This.
maxresdefault.jpg

179850_v1.gif

Okay, now I'm getting off topic.

Reminder that this VGT needs to hit +600 PP or somewhere near it.
Well, based on the last four, yes. The Aston Martin looks like it will have much more than 600, however (thanks to it having nearly 800bhp) and future VGT cars may have a fair bit less. This car will likely compete with much more powerful cars by being incredibly light. Now I wonder if Lotus or Caterham will sign up to the project too...

edit: Also, more groundbreaking news, Copen has a "K" now. Witness, KOPEN!
Daihatsu-Kopen-Concept-1.jpg

I'm now expecting their VGT to be something like this, except more aggressive and future-ish... somehow.

edit edit:
I forgot that last month, the official new Copen was shown, and it isn't KOPEN anymore.
Daihatsu-Copen-0052-e1403238642690-630x307.jpg

Last edited:
Daihatsu-Kopen-Concept-1.jpg

I'm now expecting their VGT to be something like this, except more aggressive and future-ish... somehow.

edit edit:
I forgot that last month, the official new Copen was shown, and it isn't KOPEN anymore.
Daihatsu-Copen-0052-e1403238642690-630x307.jpg

Presumably future was included as standard equipment in the Kopen, and is now an optional extra in the Copen. Cheapskates.

Presumably future was included as standard equipment in the Kopen, and is now an optional extra in the Copen. Cheapskates.
Unfortunately, the plan to include future in the new Copen was scrapped altogether. After building KOPEN, Daihatsu agreed that they didn't have enough resources to include future in every new Copen. Future also turned out to be quite volatile; KOPEN test drivers found it difficult to focus while driving as the future wing mirrors showed images of roads they hadn't driven on yet, and a malfunctioning future filler cap nearly caused an accident when it transformed into a fur seal at high speed.

Unfortunately, the plan to include future in the new Copen was scrapped altogether. After building KOPEN, Daihatsu agreed that they didn't have enough resources to include future in every new Copen. Future also turned out to be quite volatile; KOPEN test drivers found it difficult to focus while driving as the future wing mirrors showed images of roads they hadn't driven on yet, and a malfunctioning future filler cap nearly caused an accident when it transformed into a fur seal at high speed.

Testing of the "Future Included" KOPEN was further hampered by the fact it ran on a fuel that didn't yet exist.

Vision GT!
What could it be?
We'll have to wait and see,
But almost certainly,
It will be,
Rubbish.
Nonsense! Absurd!
Is that what I heard?
You really inferred,
that the car would be turd?
(Or equivalent word)

Well I disagree,
And I want you to see,
Daihatsu means "fun" to the highest degree.
Their vision GT,
(Which we're getting for free!)
will undoubtedly be,
full of whimsy and glee.

Last edited:
Most likely will it be future-ish looking, with aggressive styling, sharp lines and edges etc. Probably a K-car, or at least a very small car. But ludicrously overpowered, so expect around 300 bhp, wich in a K-car is.. well... crazy.

I hope it's a regular car.

Or wait. They could do something really really original and creative and show us a futuristic hypercar on 27" wheels. They could also rethink the steering wheel and instead of giving it the boring circular shape, make it more rectangular. That would be quite the revolution among car designers.

I hope it's a regular car.

Or wait. They could do something really really original and creative and show us a futuristic hypercar on 27" wheels. They could also rethink the steering wheel and instead of giving it the boring circular shape, make it more rectangular. That would be quite the revolution among car designers.

Top, top quality sarcasm. Truly of the highest order. And that wasn't sarcasm.

Last edited:
Maybe something like this? With a twin turbocharged flat 4, 310bhp and AWD.
daihatsu.jpg

Last edited:
et_
Japan. It's a Daihatsu after all.;)
Yeah well, for one, it's a rendering...and second, did you pull these specs out of thin air jokingly or is there even the smallest grain of truth to them? :lol:

Back