Daihatsu Vision GT,what will it be?! (Now with useless poll!)

• Thread starter zotobom
  • 164 comments

What do you think Daihatsu will do?

• Joke car (new Midget,something slow)

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Regular city car

Votes: 76 19.9%
  • Supercar

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
Yeah well, for one, it's a rendering...and second, did you pull these specs out of thin air jokingly or is there even the smallest grain of truth to them? :lol:
Oh, you ment like that, no it's just some specs taken out of the blue:lol:
The car I based it on I believe is called D-R Concept, and that has only a single-turbo, and only 2 cylinders. dont know the power output of it tho...:P

:lol:

Honestly, I imagine a squat Mira-esque FF/4 vehicle with oversized wheel arches to fit oversized slicks (since AMG was the only one to not offer slicks out of the gate on the first VGT). It may look goofy but I don't think that will be the intention.

I think it will be on road tyres like the merc, and more Copen-ish, but yeah, it'll be oversized wheelarches, and oversized wheels, together with some sharp edges and lines to make it look future-ish. And it'll be AWD, that I'm sure of.

Vision GT!
What could it be?
We'll have to wait and see,
But almost certainly,
It will be,
Rubbish.

Nonsense! Absurd!
Is that what I heard?
You really inferred,
that the car would be turd?
(Or equivalent word)

Well I disagree,
And I want you to see,
Daihatsu means "fun" to the highest degree.
Their vision GT,
(Which we're getting for free!)
will undoubtedly be,
full of whimsy and glee.

Why couldn't we have studied these poems at school?
"Yes, I think the first poem is a metaphor for the potential bleakness of the future, presented in a nihilistic way. Clearly the speaker is certain of the nature of the Daihatsu VGT, expressing in precise language that it will be "rubbish". The second poem gives us a presentation of a brighter, more positive outcome. Looking at the poems in tandem, we see there are two opposing views, positing the notion that we can never be certain of the future."

What absolute 🤬 that analysis was. :lol:

Maybe something like this? The UFE-III
green-cars-9.jpg

I'm hoping for a 700-850hp mid engine rear drive thing that resembles a copen and is rolling on 20s (preferably gold BBS's) with super wide tires, race car suspension and a stupid looking wing on the rear and a big pikes peak splitter on the front.

Sort of like this but, with the body of a copen lol.
lotus-time-attack.jpg
You watch CarThrottle too? :D

AWD Move Concept. No more Copens please. I like them . Id love to have a Copen but, we need something different drom Daihatsu. Maybe a Boxer-hybrid powered Move Turbo.

I think VGT is about showing off the companies technology research and making a car that embodies the design language of the company. So what I'd really like to see is a small electric kei that makes use of Toyota's new FPEG generator technology, with an FPEG at each wheel and a high-power lithium ion battery in the centre of the car. Each FPEG could transfer energy either directly to motors at each wheel or to the battery, so whenever less then the 40KW they'd produce is being used it'd simultaneously charge the battery, which would act almost like a kers system for when the car would want to put down more 40KW at a time. Instead of focused on power it'd be a car focused on having an aggressive electric driving feel. I'd love to see an endurance race for Kei cars and as this car would pit like twice over the 24 hours and not exceed the self-imposed kei power limit of 47KW. Plus it'd be great to see all that new technology and it'd be very "Daihatsu".

Hmmm.... So now that we have a GTi and Mini VGT that just looks like a compact monster car, and a powertrain that has 4 cylinders, like the Viziv GT, then it would probably a 4 cylinder front -engined Copen roadster with more aerodynamic body and over 500hp, with a fully detailed interior . That's all.

GRF
Hmmm.... So now that we have a GTi and Mini VGT that just looks like a compact monster car, and a powertrain that has 4 cylinders, like the Viziv GT, then it would probably a 4 cylinder front -engined Copen roadster with more aerodynamic body and over 500hp, with a fully detailed interior . That's all.
No way. Most likely will be some concept car tuned to 300-500 HP hybrid, 4wd, and some aero parts.

Also no interior unless its a convertible.

Hopefully something small and cute enough to incorporate this:

But in reality it will probably be a monstrosity that looks like the diaperload of mutant car-baby spawned from the DNA of a Lamborghini, a formula one car, a Dyson vacuum cleaner, and a reclaimed-metal lawn art sculpture.

And it will probably be powered through the direct injection of all my eviscerated hopes and dreams.

:lol: Daihatsu Vision GT...

Must be a regular city car with a flashy design if they want to stay true to their identity.

Could be anything from a small Copen derived sports car, a small but radically designed AWD crossover, or a small... whatever this is:

daihatsu-fc-deck-tk13-01-1.jpg

Most VGT examples so far match their respective manufacturers or coachbuilders in terms of what we would expect them to create. Seeing Daihatsu churn out a GT coupe or mid-engined supercar would go against anything I'd envisage, as much of a welcome change that may be. While a small, incredibly quirky and possibly electric/Hydrogen city car concept would be more plausible.

Right now I can't help but think they'll give us a personal transport vehicle, possibly with programmed AI similar to the Toyota POD.
why is it reminding me of a modern kitchen? :lol:

What about a Copen with a fixed roof top with a wide WRC-style body and a Toyota Yaris WRC engine? Plus, expect a crazy aerodynamics kit. Or even a kit pretty similar to RWBs. Just guessing...

Back