"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going good in the M4. Stayed with a, I'd say cautious, Huracan user. Maybe some Huracans should keep TCS on, for the infield. M4 had TCS 3 stock brake settings and felt much faster than when I used TCS 0.

On to the John Cryer Chronicles. Watch the Renault RS01. Wasn't my fault. MOre of a misjudging by the Vantage. Anyway, the other Vantage raced fair after the pit stops.

The M6 gets severely handicapped with power. Down from 581 to 555. While Vantage jumps from 519 to 581. C7 is 551 to 568. All three weigh about the same at 1325-1326kg
I'm guessing there is a BOP or whatever its called setting? So you can work out the weight and power b4 the event?

And can someone explain what the Nations cup is about?

I'm guessing there is a BOP or whatever its called setting? So you can work out the weight and power b4 the event?

Yes. When in the car settings menu, to the left is, a Balance of Performance option(for Circuits).

Nations is pretty much the Daily Race C. It's where All of Oceania and other players across the globe, race their regions. Due to "Servergate", for us in the South West hemisphere, it's now only limited to New Zealand and Australia. Other Regions have their specific groupings.

I haven't been on here much lately, and haven't done a lot of racing, but I have raced a number of races (mostly C) in the last 2 days...BTW, nice lap @Pigems ! I've raced mostly the 4c, and almost all of those from the back. I did race one with my Q at 19.3. Started 14th, with the top 3 in the 16's and position 12 at 18 flat:scared:. Finished that in 13th after being punted numerous times. Finally tried the RSR, and imediately dropped to an 18.3. Just raced 2 from the back with the RSR, and managed a 2nd (up 15 spots with the FL) and a 4th, also 15 spots up. My Q would have put me in 5th for the first race, and 8th for the 2nd. I was only 5 seconds behind the leader when I got the 2nd, and he had a Q of 16.3, so I'm happy. Lots of fun, but too many people being dirty. I've noticed that it gets really bad on L4 because people get lots of penalties, and they just dissappear in the pits so they don't count. I think I'll get to mid 17's with the RSR if I put in some laps.

I did notice something interesting when driving the 4c. I'd like some of you faster guys to check it out if you have a chance. I haven't done enough laps in anything else to check it in other cars. This is the C race I'm talking about...so, I have my normal T1 braking spot, and if I try to go deeper, I go wide. So I decided to practice going down the inside...mostly for the start since theres usually someone that gets no drive off the corner in the back where I start. I come down the straight, full speed, on the left about 3 feet off the curb, and brake at my usuall spot. I end up way too slow and on the inside curb. It seems that on the inside, I can brake later, maybe 20 feet or more, and still get it slowed for the turn. I used that to out brake some people in my races. I'm thinking maybe it's rubber giving more traction? Or maybe I'm just high and it's all in my head... I'd love to see someone else test it out.
:gtpflag:

I'd be interested to know what others think, but IMO the overtake after 6:13 is not legitimate. The reason is you positioned yourself on the inside, basically looking as if you're going to divebomb the car in front. You didn't have track position for a legitimate overtake, you were too far back. Because some people do divebomb, the car in front takes evasive action. I know exactly what was going through their mind because I've done the same thing myself, gone off the track on the outside rather than hit a divebomber. So basically, the mere threat of the divebomb ruined his line through the corner, because he left you space on the apex, which is what sent him off the track on the outside. So is it legitimate to cause the driver in front to do that by the threat of an illegitimate overtake, even if you didn't actually follow through with the divebomb?

I have no issue with 6:13 unless it registered as a hit on the other guys end. Nothing wrong with sticking your nose inside and backing out. On that turn it would have been better to let the divebomb bump him and run wide to give the penalty to the guy behind you if that was why he swerved.

The one at 3 minutes was a fairly bad divebomb

I'd be interested to know what others think, but IMO the overtake after 6:13 is not legitimate. The reason is you positioned yourself on the inside, basically looking as if you're going to divebomb the car in front. You didn't have track position for a legitimate overtake, you were too far back. Because some people do divebomb, the car in front takes evasive action. I know exactly what was going through their mind because I've done the same thing myself, gone off the track on the outside rather than hit a divebomber. So basically, the mere threat of the divebomb ruined his line through the corner, because he left you space on the apex, which is what sent him off the track on the outside. So is it legitimate to cause the driver in front to do that by the threat of an illegitimate overtake, even if you didn't actually follow through with the divebomb?

The undertake at 6:13 is fine, IMO. The other car had ran wide, under no pressure, and then come way across to try and take the racing line, when the OP actually had track position. You can't go off track and expect to hold the accepted racing line. The line the OP took is exactly what I do at that turn when behind a car, asd I want to see the turn and not just the arse of the car in front. The OP was never aggressive in their intentions, the car ahead just out braked themselves.

The undertake at 6:13 is fine, IMO. The other car had ran wide, under no pressure, and then come way across to try and take the racing line, when the OP actually had track position. You can't go off track and expect to hold the accepted racing line. The line the OP took is exactly what I do at that turn when behind a car, asd I want to see the turn and not just the arse of the car in front. The OP was never aggressive in their intentions, the car ahead just out braked themselves.

You know, I’ll do that too at times, just show in their radar on their rear inside quarter panel, but I will follow that with an early lift and brake. I will be well behind before the brake point and back behind...
That’s a head game.
It’s kinda funny though, So many times in this game players seem to think it’s ok on FAST corners, like Brands to stick their nose up in and perform a PIT. It’s as if they think they made a good overtake.
The head game is show in radar, then back out early, but there’s no one backing out early for 95% of this games drivers.
When I see that triangle doing something stupid and unfair in my radar I avoid, and view it as an attempted PIT.
YOU can tell the ones that make a rating on this cheat method of diving, they start aiming for that rear quarter panel.
For me, and my way of driving that means the guy behind is a cheat and will get punted shunted bumped and brake checked, in some cases I will let them through so they don’t take me out then take them out...
Dive bombing is a pestilence upon this game.
Anyone who dive bombs is free game for punting in my view.
The huge problem with this PIT thing behind you is you can prevent it easily by going defensive, but you’re losing time by having to prevent stupid drivers from taking you out.
To me, if I think someone attempted to take me out, I’m punting them straightaway.
The funny thing is when I do it, I will make no mistake about it. They will not recover from what I do easily.
That said it’s only come to that on my side a few times in almost 400 races, so that’s good.
That’s part of the challenge of online racing, dealing with all this type of stuff.

The one at 3 minutes was a fairly bad divebomb

I suspect if I'd followed him on the RL I would have ended up punting him off the planet as he braked so early. (and my normal braking point is pretty early anyway relative to the fast guys!) But I guess that's his prerogative? I imagine the 'proper' way would have been to follow and then take evasive action to the outside if contact was imminent, taking the consequences thereof?

I'm interested to know what view he was using and if he was checking behind/using radar. For instance when the TT and Trophy made their moves on me Lap1, I deliberately left the door open a bit and gave room. I wonder how much of me he saw.

But good points all round.

Last day for racing these dailies.
Race a is so boring. Boring car. Managed to win first try thankfully.
Race C I attempted on 3 times I believe, and won two of them. Used my splatoon 2 2017 Lexus for the first win, then today whipped out the Supra and somehow pulled a top 10 time in NA. Won with that baby as redemption for that car.
Can’t wait for race a and b of next week

I suspect if I'd followed him on the RL I would have ended up punting him off the planet as he braked so early. (and my normal braking point is pretty early anyway relative to the fast guys!) But I guess that's his prerogative? I imagine the 'proper' way would have been to follow and then take evasive action to the outside if contact was imminent, taking the consequences thereof?

If you are following another competitor into a brake zone it’s YOUR responsibility NOT to punt, even if in your opinion he brakes early.
The proper way to claim an inside is get alongside and established long before turn in.
The proper way is to present yourself to your competitor so they know you are there, not just fly in from way too far back and hope! If you are faster, the opportunity will come for the overtake.
The proper way is to give others the same respect you wish to be afforded.
That said racing’s racing, and everyone can play how they wish, but if you break basic rules of passing etiquette, people will probably push you off track quite a bit, especially faster people when you are chancing wiping them out.

Got my 2019 "GTE" contingent ready for the week(changed my mind about running the Atenza).
IMG_6822.JPG

Edit: no wonder people were using the RSR all week. What the heck have I been doing? :lol:
Just went 1 second faster than my M6 time, on my opening lap. I was 0.6 seconds up for the next lap and just stopped. This is cheating. :mischievous:
IMG_6823.JPG

Edit2: Some players are losing their marbles.
I get punted off by an out of control Beetle. I decided to pit for fuel and fresh tyres on Lap 1. Fuel 2 and running smooth in last position.
As cars pit, I move up to 8th. I pit next lap, I'm running 11th.

This AMG is ghosted. I catch it and it starts to get its pace back. I'm on fresher tyres so, I'm patient. We exchange positions a couple times as he looks like he's desperate.
The left handed hairpin where the two layouts meet, he's running wide and I'm up the inside. He turns down while alongside. No penalty for either of us.

We catch a Viper in worn tyres. As we start the last lap, the AMG battles me into the Viper BUT, I'm still on track as the AMG and Viper go off and hit the wall. Pure genius! What a tool.

Last edited:
You race whatever cars you want in each category and if you're in the top "X" (a number that varies depending on your country) points-scoring drivers in your country you get to go to a World Tour event.

For Manufacturers you drive the two cars of your chosen manufacturer and you have to be the top driver for that brand in your region.

I get punted off by an out of control Beetle. I decided to pit for fuel and fresh tyres on Lap 1. Fuel 2 and running smooth in last position.

Hope I am not the out of control Beetle you mentioned:nervous:. Your car is slightly laggy from my side, I am behind you until got punted twice in the first lap and saw you with a 5 seconds penalty. And some horiible bumber cars in front whole race.

Didn't race at all this week until today and Race C is too divebomb friendly for bottom half of the field...

Hope I am not the out of control Beetle you mentioned:nervous:. Your car is slightly laggy from my side, I am behind you until got punted twice in the first lap and saw you with a 5 seconds penalty. And some horiible bumber cars in front whole race.

Didn't race at all this week until today and Race C is too divebomb friendly for bottom half of the field...
I was on your right giving room and you were a bit tail wagging. I could see you were a bit quicker which is why I was going wide to allow you the inside. However the shenanigans you had to deal with that battle pack was just ridiculous. I wound up getting caught up in that later on.

Next race, I forgot to change to RMs at the start. I was stuck on RH in the Ford GT. Too much slip and I went off.

I wasn't even upset with you. It was the daggone AMG that was a sore loser.

And about that 5 second penalty. I entered the pits to change tyres and add fuel. I dropped 1.5 seconds on pit entry. When I came out, the penalty was flashing and then it went away. I didn't serve the rest of the time. Weird.

Edit: Matter of fact, I just watched the replay. It wasn't even you. It was the Beetle ahead. I remember the "ch" in the name but it's not you.
Another thing, I see I passed you after I pit, when I thought you were the same Beetle. In the replay, you arrived at a pile up and just had nowhere to go. An AMG was stopped on your exit.
Those players were just not giving room.
IMG_6825.JPG

Last edited:
Tried a few more cars for race B, Gt by Citroen and M4, not fast enough, M4 slightly better but not to be any better than average and being a little down on top speed means there is no reason to use them.

RC F is better and I'm never comfortable driving this car so it's possible others will go better in it but it's not a top tier car for me only ok because it's speed is good.

Also did my daily mileage in the Huracan on my 2nd account and managed to go nearly 3 tenths quicker in it than I've ever done on my main account whilst setting the fastest lap I've done all week. Maybe I've finally figured the car out but it did just feel easier to drive on this account too, odd. :crazy:

i have my faith in competitive racing restored! After being totally deflated the last few weeks and running some qualy laps but not bothering to race just because you think what's the point if you're gonna get punted to death.
This week i began with just jumping straight into Race B on my 2nd account and sure as eggs are eggs the puntfest began and i dropped from a mid B/S to a C/C.
Aaaanway.. decided to put some qualy laps in on main account and managed a 1:38.5xx in the Megane (can't seem to get a tune out of the Lambo) then tentatively jumped into a race... what a refreshing change... paired with mainly A and A+ accounts and placed top 10 on the grid, I've had some real good tight races with respectful drivers and it really improves your race craft when this happens. I've learnt that i'm probably a little too respectful when it comes to giving up a place, but then the flipside of that is both going off track and race ruined.
Sods law that I was out last night and working today so it looks like i'm not gonna get the chance to try and get my A rating before Lagos finishes.

Races for next week look interesting!

Race A. Brands Hatch Indy Circuit. 6 Laps. N100 with a grid start! Slipstream Weak.

Race B. Circuit de la Sarthe. 2 Laps. Gr3. Slipstream Real.

Race C. Autopolis Full Course. 13 Laps. GrX/One Make. Grid Start with false start check. Slipstream Real. Fuel use X8. Tire wear X8.

Race A the AE86 maybe? and Race C Super Formula? What do you think?

I enjoyed Daily Race C overall. I had great matches against players there and in this one, it was just all about being patient enough for me to make a move and it did. Was also a good way to end the free multiplayer weekend for me.

I have no issue with 6:13 unless it registered as a hit on the other guys end. Nothing wrong with sticking your nose inside and backing out. On that turn it would have been better to let the divebomb bump him and run wide to give the penalty to the guy behind you if that was why he swerved.
The reason I try to avoid hitting the divebomber is it can turn out much worse than just letting them have the place. You can easily end up spun around and DFL. Basically it's not possible to have clean racing like you'd have in real life because you've got no backup from a panel of humans looking into the incident. In real life, the driver in front would just chop across the other driver to hit the apex, and the driver behind would almost certainly make sure to avoid contact, because if it was F1 they wouldn't want to lose their front wing, and they also wouldn't want to be deemed at fault in a collision. In the game there's neither of those things holding the car behind back, so if someone threatens a divebomb you have to assume they're going to actually divebomb you, and IMO that's not a legitimate way to overtake. I've tried running off a track after someone hit me and I just ended up DFL and they didn't get a penalty anyway.

So, unfortunately this is my best lap so far, for the next B race. I say unfortunately because I hate it when speed wins out over handling. The braking and handling of this car is among the worst. I'm sure you'll notice that it's a pretty sloppy lap. I did pretty lousy in a lot of places.

I've been doing my time trial laps with the penalties turned on. The track limits are REALLY strict. You really have to drive carefully, or you'll just be restarting over and over again. After this lap, I drove the M3, which felt absolutely wonderful compared to the McLaren, but it's a couple of seconds slower. This may be like a previous Lemans race, where I use a different car for qualifying and racing.

* You'll probably need to be under 4 minutes to get a decent starting position at this race. I imagine someone will wind up around 3:53-3:54.

The engine sound is annoying, too.

Last edited:
Did 3 C races .... First two went great. Gained places in both. From 10th to 7th on the first one and 6th to 4th on the second. Sometime due to overtakes ...or people making mistakes. The third one was going good also. Had some interesting "battle" with @Sven Jurgens .... 'till everything froze and got DC again :banghead:

I wondered what happened. You suddenly starting drifting in T1, then fell back. Said DNF after the race. We had a good race until then. Very nice driving!

I wondered what happened. You suddenly starting drifting in T1, then fell back. Said DNF after the race. We had a good race until then. Very nice driving!
Thanks ! I was in a good groove today. When this happens every other car starts going off track and freezes 'till I'm in first place and the screen blacks out ! :lol: "disconnected from server" ..

Internet connection is fine and I had 5 green bars..... :boggled:

Daily life is calling me so it's back to reality now ;)....too bad...

Next Week's races are up:

Race A:
Track: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, 6 laps
Car: N100 – Provided Car
Tires: Sports Hard

Race B:
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe, 2 laps
Car: Gr.3 – Garage Car
Tires: Racing Medium

Race C:
Track: AUTOPOLIS INTERNATIONAL RACING COURSE, 13 laps
Car: Gr.X/One Make from Garage
Tires: Racing Medium
Fuel use: x8
Tire use: x8

If tomorrow's car is any of the SF cars for Race C, a 2 stop might be needed with the x8 fuel if you're pushing really hard...

I'm more convinced we'll get the Red Bull and not an SF car...

Edit: Nevermind my comment.. Turns out the initial fuel load can be adjusted.. SF cars are still on the table..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back