"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@breeminator I tried controller about a month ago, I couldn’t even keep the car straight!
I have poor fine motor control. Without a wheel of some sort, there’s no way I could even participate or complete a lap. I have big respect for fast guys on controller.

The reason I was gonna post though is because I was checking out Interlagos race footage and I noticed how ridiculous of a car under bop the Peugot gr4 is.
I watched it walk a gtr up the hill from behind no slipstream just a drag race basically, I watched it walk a Stang, and an AMG. That has to be the ultimate controller players car for gr4 no tire wear.
Easily hits 150 on the straight at Interlagos, with better acceleration than every car I saw it against, which was quite a few.
I mean I hate driving ff, but I ran a couple laps in it just for fun. Yes, it feels awful on wheel as expected, but it’s blistering fast and the braking is ridiculous as well. Just go easy on throttle til exiting and it’s stupid. Go way late and just slam on the brakes, pretty much no problem at all.
The reason I noticed was because I saw this guy in one of my replays all over the place hitting cars etc. I watched the whole race from his perspective lol.
That was a mistake. T1 dive, gtr shoves him aside, but no problem his car is so op he catches back up easily by the sweeper left. I made a video of it, but I’m not gonna post. He was smart in some ways though, like when the gtr shoved him off he cut the track big time, emerged and cutoff most of the midpack and wiped out several in the process. No idea you could get away with that. He didn’t ghost...Maybe a glitch?
The only thing preventing him from finishing well was the penalty zone. He dropped out of s sr, but there should be something...Maybe if you drop sr a certain amount, Pd adjusts the gain you get in a race to 25% or less of normal for the next 12 races.
There needs to be a time function to sr rating. It’s way too easy to get.
They need to fix that rcz also, it’s so much faster than the other cars it’s stupid.

I hope that they go with the a110 for the Brands Indy race.
Le Sarthe will be interesting, now I have to relearn it. Last I drove it was in the Nissan r92...
Ran a few laps, but haven’t even got a clean lap in, keep missing turns...

Ran a 6th and a 7th in race C, to follow my 8th from this morning. I'm gonna miss this combo, not competitive enough to win, but competitive enough to compete. Sucks my optimal QT was a good 1.5s faster, just never had the time this week. Oh well. Cheers to next week!

@breeminator I noticed how ridiculous of a car under bop the Peugot gr4 is.
I watched it walk a gtr up the hill from behind no slipstream just a drag race basically, I watched it walk a Stang, and an AMG. That has to be the ultimate controller players car for gr4 no tire wear.
Easily hits 150 on the straight at Interlagos, with better acceleration than every car I saw it against

The RCZ and the Megane are the fastest accelerating cars in the Gr.4 class.. The quickest non FWD being the F-Type...

As for gr.3, the McLaren F1 beats out the rest by a utterly ridiculous margin with the Mustang being in second..

I did a few tests and I have the numbers to prove it but i'm not sure people would wanna see that or how important it s to know which ones accelerate the fastest...

The RCZ and the Megane are the fastest accelerating cars in the Gr.4 class.. The quickest non FWD being the F-Type...

As for gr.3, the McLaren F1 beats out the rest by a utterly ridiculous margin with the Mustang being in second..

I did a few tests and I have the numbers to prove it but i'm not sure people would wanna see that or how important it s to know which ones accelerate the fastest...

I’ve never run gr4 as much as 3. I knew right away when I saw the Peugeot walking away from cars that always give me trouble in my yank tank.
Tire wear it’ll get assasinated though. Took me a few laps to get the feel of ff. Slam brakes late roll corner entry roll on throttle walk away. You cant just floor it. Very easy to overload the fronts and push like a bus though.
It’s the ultimate dive bomber special.
Dive in late bumping the opponent slowing them, then when you are both slow simply out accelerate their car.
The other car that’s a nuisance in gr4 is the Cayman. Great car to drive, but slow power wise. People like to dive bomb with those too, and they get pissy if you are at like Brands in a more powerful heavy car and they can more easily carry speed in turns. The frustration builds when they are too slow on the straight to get by.
They are left with attempting dive bombs to do much, or ridiculous moves in turns at speed.
That’s **most** drivers. The best are good in everything.
Glad to hear my suspicions confirmed on that gr4.

did a race c to get my sr up and try my hand at gr 3 on the wheel since it was my favourite before. SR went from D to A. Started from middle. i never set a better time once i learned the track.

7th.jpg

Last edited:
Just started on pole for a race, got slammed into half way through the lap and went off just enough to spin the car out. Fell to 14th. Made my way back up to 7th, just missed out on 6th by a hair. Ugh.

Edit: I seem to be the only one using the 458 Italia as well. :lol:

The EVO and GT-R seem to be the cars to beat on this event...

Last edited:
What car were you in?

I got belted up in three races yesterday, and lost 2,000 DR! :banghead: I was on pole in two of the three races in the Lancer, and was 0.7 seconds in front entering the main straight , still the first lap. By the end of the straight I was 0.35 seconds in front. So I went defensive and got on the left of the track b4 the first corner - and I was then simply used as a braking aid. Off I went ... Back to 13th and finished 8th. Next race, same again. But they did a new trick - coming into corner 6, the trick in your Hurican with a Lancer in front, is to cut the 6th corner and aim for the lancer's side door. Works a treat. Back to 12th and finished 7th. Maybe 8th. Both races I lost close to 1000 DR a race. There were B drivers from 5th back. Final race - great, there was a fast Audi TT behind me. He's slower than a Hurican I thought smartly, in my quick Lancer. But he got me after corner 6, before corner 7. As I turned into corner 7, I'm once again a braking aid. Got a huuuuge hit. Off I went. First lap. Back to last this time - 15th. Three seconds behind 14th. I was now MAD. Finished 3rd though. Drove neat and intense. Maybe the game helped me driver fast, who knows. Clean score with blue SR but no bonus star off course (after all someone hit me and right off the track too).

All those moves were deliberate. And they all said "Sorry". Oh sure ... I bet they were sorry. Not. And they were Australians too. So I put the Lancer in the garage. Came out with a Hurican and did 7 or 8 laps qualifying, and got a 1:38.524. But I haven't raced it - that race was over now for me. Darn - I wish I could have just pulled out the Hurican and shown those hitters it's main straight speed. Err - but they knew, being Hurican drivers. :banghead:

I don't get it how in the Lancer, when you're behind a car in front, you don't get a proper tow. Sheesh ... :cheers:

Last edited:
I think I am giving the F-Type a try on daily B this week a bit more stable and acceleration speed then the SLS. Also just like the looks of the car. ;) First off goina do some Q's tonight with the Mclaren.

Last edited:
Also Mclaren F1 got nerfed more?
I need to know if this has happened...
I've neglected every Gr.3 races on tracks with long straights ever since it was released.. (and of course it was released when Bathurst was around, which happens to be my favorite track).. I don't like driving the car and I don't like going against it in any other car..

Haha. Another nice one is take out the distance markers on Mount Panorama and watch the cars fly off at the bottom of the chase. Immediately taking out the markers at Murray's corner when starting last is a good strategy as well ;)
That's so petty, I love it :lol: A couple weeks back when we had the F1500 at Brands, every single marker was gone by the end of the race. Although I don't think that was deliberate :P

I need to know if this has happened...
I've neglected every Gr.3 races on tracks with long straights ever since it was released.. (and of course it was released when Bathurst was around, which happens to be my favorite track).. I don't like driving the car and I don't like going against it in any other car..
I've seen it used to have top speed of 7.3 BoP on, now it's 7.0
Also comparing to the Peugeot VGT, bare in mind. I think it's still decent but there are other cars with good straight speed

D6b1ifBUwAAKcRI.jpg

Me and that Mustang had side by side contact around the Porsche Curves and I just went off on the marbles.
D6b1kTAUUAApu_s.jpg

McLaren doesnt handle and brakes seem to be old no doubt. M6 is stable fast enough 278 with no tow down Hunundaeres( dang spelling). 280 behind the Mustang and F1. M6 has STRONG brakes!:D Handling is awesome. Quick & stable changes of direction. Hope to drop my time as there's more in me to go quicker.

I think the Peugeot RCZ is in real life FWD, the description for the GR cars in the game said that PD's cars are mid engine, rear drive car. I don't know if there's a real life mid engined race car version. It doesn't feel FWD to me either, but its been some time since I tested it.

D6b1ifBUwAAKcRI.jpg

Me and that Mustang had side by side contact around the Porsche Curves and I just went off on the marbles.
D6b1kTAUUAApu_s.jpg

McLaren doesnt handle and brakes seem to be old no doubt. M6 is stable fast enough 278 with no tow down Hunundaeres( dang spelling). 280 behind the Mustang and F1. M6 has STRONG brakes!:D Handling is awesome. Quick & stable changes of direction. Hope to drop my time as there's more in me to go quicker.
M6 is still an odd choice, the cars with better straght speed will eat the car up (provided no mistakes\incidents happen).

Of course i also forgot the worst part of La Sarthe is the rolling start lol

I setup my B account with my wife's email .... so I could have a no ego drive. But its the same DR as my proper account. Its 54% lead laps ratio. Its qualifying figures are up after 8 qualifications I think ... 78.69 is better than my proper account.

I don't know which account to lose in ... maybe I should turn my wife's email into my prime account. How do I change my emails. Then I could post videos or pics onto Amazon or facebook. But I don't want my Facebook account covered with my game play. I am supposed to be a serious person.

This cheating duel account stuff is starting to confuse me.

O5XR8 - that sidwg2 is serously fast ... so the Jag is out. He got beaten by a McLaren by an OK driver ... the McLaren therefor looks fast to me. I'm starting to recognise some of the Aussies and NZ guys. Awesome. Makes it much more real and fun. I wasn't go to race this week but I've still got the bug ... yet I barely escaped being re-set this week. One single point SR off being re-set, and I thought I had been re-set ... if I had of been I may have not bothered. Wish i could spend more time at it ...

Last edited:
I think the Peugeot RCZ is in real life FWD, the description for the GR cars in the game said that PD's cars are mid engine, rear drive car. I don't know if there's a real life mid engined race car version. It doesn't feel FWD to me either, but its been some time since I tested it.
It's a Cup car like the TT. Not a real life mid-ship RCZ, but the RCZ still races in the Hankook 24H series. Two raced in the Bathurst 12H some years back.
No-171-Team-K-Rejser-Peugeot-RCZ-Hankook-24H-Silverstone-2016-1-1.png

images

M6 is still an odd choice, the cars with better straght speed will eat the car up (provided no mistakes\incidents happen).

Of course i also forgot the worst part of La Sarthe is the rolling start lol
Not an odd choice for me. It's like the real GTE car. Odd choices are the cars that don't race at Le Mans. ;)
I'm about to post my race. If I didn't make a couple mistakes, I would have beat that McLaren I started behind. Put it this way, The F1 is like the R92C and the M6 is like the 919.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back