"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be my favourite week in a really long time. I'm not even too bothered about making places here. I just love the tour around Le Mans. Probably in the Aston for nostalgia purposes.

Anyone been/still go down? We used to camp at Mulsanne back in the day. Haven't been there for about 10 years though. Need to change that. The heart longs for what the heart longs, right?!

This is going to be my favourite week in a really long time. I'm not even too bothered about making places here. I just love the tour around Le Mans. Probably in the Aston for nostalgia purposes.

Anyone been/still go down? We used to camp at Mulsanne back in the day. Haven't been there for about 10 years though. Need to change that. The heart longs for what the heart longs, right?!
you bet! i'll be setting off exactly 1 month today... Thursday drive down to Rouen for a night on the town then Friday morning pitch up at Le Mans and set the tent up and get involved. Can't wait!
Last year Toyota had a full VR cockpit set up with GT Sport and you could do a lap of NBR GP in a Gr4 car, but they wouldn't let you change any settings or anything - would have been great to do a lap of Sarthe in a Gr1 but then i suppose the queue would have been a mile long while you wait for the bloke with 10 pints inside him try to get round the track :cheers:

Here's a few pics from my seat in the stand to whet your appetite :lol:
IMG_3559.jpg
IMG_3567.jpg
IMG_3882.jpg

I used to live in the city so I was going there by bike with my dad every year to look at the cars in the parking. It was easier on the ears, way cheaper and less crowded than going to the race. Brits always come in mass, and they are funny. I remember riding though the camp of the catheram club in the main parking (between the plane field and the track), these guy had brought inflatable swimming pools and were sitting in their pool drinking beers and listening to the race on the radio :)
all these Brits were always nice and they let me sit in their cars, my dad has pictures of me pretending to drive probably hundreds different sport cars.

Can't wait to do this race B

I haven't gone through most of the recent replies (I'm still amazed how active this thread is) but the Race A Porsche is tricky to drive optimally since she's very prone to oversteer. Without CSA (which I'm glad of, for the record), it's definitely a bit more challenging.

I've been adjusting BB from +1 to +3. I think I like +2 more. My time is down to 0:59.3 although I don't know if I can squeeze any more out of it unless the stars align and I somehow hit 58s.

PD nice consistency on track limit penalty ? LeMans get a penalty at the end of a 3min lap before those last chicanes just going little wide lolll at RBR they go 30ft off track and no penalty ? :confused:
That's what i meant on my post about that. It's insane. Was about to pull off 3:58-9 but went wide at the end cost me the whole lap :lol:

Is the SLS quicker than the AMG GT3 around here?

SLS is Faster yes. :cheers:

Race B seems to be a bit of an SR killer...I may have to roll around at the back of race C for awhile :)

Race B Sucks!! Penalties are uneven and unpredictable, golly bull crap!! From SR 99 to SR B in two races so far, and the first one I got a White S, so in one race really. I think I’m done with B other than the time trial.

I bump him slightly and he loses zero time, I get 5s, he hits me into a wall and he only gets 1s even though I lost time and hit a wall.

For real? This was never a penalty before, you could blow waaaay wide there.

This one was partially my fault but in reality he should not have been blocking on the apex when he clearly knew he was going way slower. I felt like he deliberately tried to block me here, but somehow I get the only penalty?

This one was just stupid, I maintained my course the entire time, did not swerve or brake, he hit me and magically loses it and I get a penalty? Seriously?

Race B sucks! :lol:

The little Porsche is sooo oversteery! This is a tricky little car, most excellent lap @QC YALUM ! Well done man! :cheers:

Hmm... Not a single Lester Lap anywhere, that’s odd.

The Porsche is a bit much! I'm a 1.01 and its tricky to be consistent too. Done 20 laps or so. Not sure I can be bothered with it.

Update: I can't be bothered. Got my first Super Formula car instead!

Last edited:

Race B Sucks!! Penalties are uneven and unpredictable, golly bull crap!! From SR 99 to SR B in two races so far, and the first one I got a White S, so in one race really. I think I’m done with B other than the time trial.

I bump him slightly and he loses zero time, I get 5s, he hits me into a wall and he only gets 1s even though I lost time and hit a wall.

This one was partially my fault but in reality he should not have been blocking on the apex when he clearly knew he was going way slower. I felt like he deliberately tried to block me here, but somehow I get the only penalty?

This one was just stupid, I maintained my course the entire time, did not swerve or brake, he hit me and magically loses it and I get a penalty? Seriously?

Thanks for the heads up :lol:. I think I will be rolling race C this week (even tho I think this will be a wreckfest)! Will try some race A but not really my type of race.

Just did my first B race. What a 🤬 show. So many penalties. There was a ghosted car serving a penalty, and the guy in front of me freaked out and braked way too early. I slammed him right off the track and got an SR down and 4 sec penalty. I'm gonna go with my original plan and use a car that's a bit slower, but has better handling and braking.

This Porsche is a real tricky sun ofa gun. After 14 laps i am still trying to get the hang of it, the back end just doesn't want to stay in line. Having lots of fun drifting it though lol best time so far is still over a minute. I think i will be able to tuck into a 59 once i get the car figuerd out. I see 58's on the leaderboard already, i don't understand.

Sad to see race b is such a mess, i was looking forward to trying that one...

Soooo, Liveries aren’t interchangeable between the Toyota and Honda SF cars. Are you kidding me? It’s the exact same effin car!! :mad:

I think you will find that's a common theme. I don't think you can use the same livery between the Gr.3 M6's either. Better than the stupid Mercedes F1 where you can't do *anything* to it :banghead:.

I did some qualifying laps of the circus. Unfortunately I overdid it and my thumb is too buggered to race. I was closing in on a under 4min lap time. Bit miffed that I can't use *my* racing lines :rolleyes:. Stupid re-spawn :odd:.

OMG the Super Formula race is a mess. The Le Mans one too. Complete ****show as usual with a bunch of Italians and Spaniards taking out everyone. Pathetic weekly races :(

3 races and they have all beenn hard on the SR. All I have is the Lexus prototype on my eu account, it feels so slow on the straights. The McLaren hauls ass.

For me, the results definitely seem better with a more stable car than a top speed car.
Only 2 Lemans races in and Mclaren F1 guys seem to be the biggest idiots (like the TT guys in Gr.4). They use their speed for bullying, but most that I've seen can't drive them very well. Pretty sure Murph is gonna get reset this week. :lol:

*Side note; Just noticed that the driving aids are back.

Here is a rare thing. I picked up a 3rd place on Race B and did not get a penalty (someone I think jumped one of the chicanes at the end of the race and that person I think was rightly given a penalty. Will need to check the shared replay to make sure.) I started 11th without doing a fast lap

Autopolis is such a tough track, I’m down to a 27.2 so far with an Optimal of 26.8 but the gains are in the first half of the track and I can’t hold on to them through the rest of it to cash them in yet. :lol:

Now to go save up some cash on my other account so I can do Race C. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back