"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen it used to have top speed of 7.3 BoP on, now it's 7.0
Also comparing to the Peugeot VGT, bare in mind. I think it's still decent but there are other cars with good straight speed

This is great news...

The car will always be decent for top speed sort of like the Ford GT, but the problem was how OP it was at the beginning... It was ridiculous

I think the Peugeot RCZ is in real life FWD, the description for the GR cars in the game said that PD's cars are mid engine, rear drive car. I don't know if there's a real life mid engined race car version. It doesn't feel FWD to me either, but its been some time since I tested it.

The Gr.4 car is front Engined FWD... The Gr.3 car is mid Engined RWD...

All Gr3 cars are RWD and some are front Engined and others are Mid Engined..

As for Gr4, things are all over the place, you have AWD, RWD, FWD, and that's why it's so tricky to balance the class..

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news...

The car will always be decent for top speed sort of like the Ford GT, but the problem was how OP it was at the beginning... It was ridiculous

The Gr.4 car is front Engined FWD... The Gr.3 car is mid Engined RWD...

All Gr3 cars are RWD and some are front Engined and others are Mid Engined..

As for Gr4, things are all over the place, you have AWD, RWD, FWD, and that's why it's so tricky to balance the class..

These are the cars you’ll want to try first. :)
2EBB3FCE-1C95-4868-97BC-617373626738.jpeg

Happy Monday Everyone! :cheers:

Not an odd choice for me. It's like the real GTE car. Odd choices are the cars that don't race at Le Mans. ;)
I'm about to post my race. If I didn't make a couple mistakes, I would have beat that McLaren I started behind. Put it this way, The F1 is like the R92C and the M6 is like the 919.
If it's the 919 equivalent, i would like to see the SRT Tomahawk version :lol:

Will I be a sitting duck if I use the 911 RSR?
Most likely.... I'd advise you to go for one of these cars:
Mustang, Nissan GT-R, Ford GT, Huracan (if you can control it), Supra, SLS, Corvette and M3..

PS: this list is based purely of acceleration and top end speeds... It does not consider handling through corners...

Put it this way, The F1 is like the R92C and the M6 is like the 919.
This is somewhat accurate...
But the thing being that the M6 and F1 are far closer when it comes to corner speeds in comparison to the R92C vs the 919....
Thats why the F1 is so powerful... It's very fast and not bad on the corners...

Most likely.... I'd advise you to go for one of these cars:
Mustang, Nissan GT-R, Ford GT, Huracan (if you can control it), Supra, SLS, Corvette and M3..

PS: this list is based purely of acceleration and top end speeds... It does not consider handling through corners...

Hows the NSX?

Hows the NSX?
The NSX is a handling car, its on the same tier as the 911 on the straights (and a tiny bit slower on the corners)...

The Gr.3 is seriously well balanced as of now (with the exception of the McLaren F1)... The faster cars are only faster by a slight (but tangible) margin, so you can still put up a fight with the 911 and NSX... But you better make the most out of the corners and make sure your corner exists are stellar before long straights...

The NSX is a handling car, its on the same tier as the 911 on the straights (and a tiny bit slower on the corners)...

The Gr.3 is seriously well balanced as of now (with the exception of the McLaren F1)... The faster cars are only faster by a slight (but tangible) margin, so you can still put up a fight with the 911 and NSX... But you better make the most out of the corners and make sure your corner exists are stellar before long straights...

Yes! The last section through Indianapolis, Arnage all the way through Porsche curves (What's in the name), Corvette curves and the Ford chicanes, I need to nail them perfectly. I know the 911 has the upper hand through that section. If I can get towed along on the Mulsanne straights that would be very nice.

The little Porsche is sooo oversteery! This is a tricky little car, most excellent lap @QC YALUM ! Well done man! :cheers:

Hmm... Not a single Lester Lap anywhere, that’s odd.

I like them loose and wild, like I like my women! :P

Daily race A with the 356 Carrera?

I remember driving it on St. Croix C for a secret project. That little bugger is tricky to drive, but at the same time, it is so much fun to drive. I can't wait to set some times with it and for the other races later today. :D

Wow i forgot how weird driving the Pug VGT is, lots of penalties bleh.
Also Mclaren F1 got nerfed more?

I need to know if this has happened...
I've neglected every Gr.3 races on tracks with long straights ever since it was released.. (and of course it was released when Bathurst was around, which happens to be my favorite track).. I don't like driving the car and I don't like going against it in any other car..

Yes the maclaren F1 got nerfed (which is good) and lost a bit less than 10km/h in solo top speed in the first part of the hunaudières.

I don't know in which update though, I had not driven the car for a while, I just tried it again last week after I said it would be an OP car for Le Mans.
After a bit of testing, it seems the BoP is a bit better than before.

The BoP topspeed numbers do not seem to fit so well the fastest car on le Mans outside of the top 3. I hope this week will be clean because it's my hometown and favorite track

I did a 4:00.697 on my second lap before the race started.

nice overtake under yellow flag...

Last edited:
Got the Porsche down to a 59.1, I don’t have the patience to push this car any farther right now. BB was at +2 even though logic should dictate it to be at -2/-3 with this car to keep the tail in check. The only way to drive this car with any pace is to constantly balance it during braking/cornering with the throttle and brake at the same time, let off to much and she oversteers, but to much throttle though and it understeers, gotta fund that happy medium to keep it pointing the right direction. Off to Race B now. :)

You guys can have A, I'll try B, but gimme C. Havin fun so far, a lot of quitters, but I can finally keep it on track for most of the 13 laps. Was up to 2nd for a stint before finishing 4th. I let anyone close go, I know I brake wrong and hold fast people up. Stupid rain means race day, at least until golf league later.

Race B was a jam on the first two races on the day. Its a pity i won't be competitive on the NSX or the 4C. I prefer handling cars, but I decided to finally try the F1 and its an okay car. super stable and accels above 200Km/h like its nothing. so far only the Pegeuot Vision raced side by side the whole stright after mulsanne until Indianapolis. But the Pug is harder to control on the lower speed corners, since its spins the wheels pretty easily.

Other than that, its R8's and Mustangs, specially the mustangs that had an advantage.

Gonna try the GT-R after work

Hmm I want to drive lots of different cars on Sarthe, means I have to make lots of liveries thanks to @Invisigoth. It will be a while until I'm on the track. SR.B is waiting for me though lol. At least the SF19 is fun to drive to regain SR on race C. Slow corners, fast car, wonder how that's going to go.

I could not find the F-Type, turns out both the GR.3 and GR.4 version are gone. I wonder what happened as I'm sure I had them. Bought them again.

Why would they only allow the toyota engined super formula? Just purchased the Honda...

shine a light... i bought the Honda the other day in anticipation of this race -have to forget Race C then for now until i can up my funds again :rolleyes:

Yup, limits at La Sarthe have been tightened, this should make for some interesting races this week. :)
Can confirm it. Can still put some wheels on the green spot in t1 or last but going all 4 will get you .500 penalty.
Also right before the end, even going slightly off line will get you penalty

PD do a great disservice to vintage cars like the 356 when they force you onto the same Sports Hard tyres that are used for mid-2000s sports car races. Way too much grip.

For comparison, 1950s sports cars with less than half of the weight of the 356 were recorded with slower lap times on a faster layout of Brands Hatch Indy than what you can achieve on race A.

Disappointing.

I’ve got La Sarthe down to a 3:57.9 so far, TCS 2 and BB 0 in the McLaren GTR. This car is a friggen rocket ship!! If only it had a little more downforce it would be unbeatable. :)

Time to turn off the TCS now and see what this thing can really do! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back