"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
the best bet is a car you know and trust.
👍

Well, this is sickening. Just like that and ion the top 10. Maybe not for long, but with minimal effort.
EBw9DrPUIAAsXDF

EBw9fcOUYAYTo2J

Nice race! Waiting for a video! And what is the best pick for this race? (in your opinion)
Genesis

Edit" Started 2nd. Grabbed some grass on Lap 2. Got .5sec. I typed, "This car should be banned"
EBxA-YJU0AEH2hD

Last edited:
You mean DR.E. You start as DR.E / SR.B (50 SR) and while DR doesn't change, your SR does already. I've seen E/S drivers and also E/D. I've never seen an E/E driver but then again it's an art to stay in SR.E. The 3x SR budget and near impossibility to get penalties make sure it's almost guaranteed you get promoted to SR.D or all the way up to SR.B in one race.

After your first 5 races you becomes DR.D with 2,000 DR bucks starter bonus. SR stays whatever you put it at in the first 5 races.

Good thing Tokyo is over. I did get some more fastest laps, second places and two victories on the way down to SR.C today.
Zx9d.jpg

It was a mess this morning, all Sunday drivers were present at the Tokyo spark way. I made a little compilation of questionable and out right wrong penalties, dumb moves, lucky brakes and crazy dive bombs. Enjoy the chaos:

Now this is how it should be done, amazing driver here

You might recognize the name from the video above this one, he also could not avoid getting thrown down the SR ladder.

I had a Grand Slam yesterday... four Perfecta in a row. It's been a while since that happened.
When starting on pole, the first sector of Lap 1 is key, smooth and slow in 3rd gear listening for wall hits behind, and then if you "bait" the hairpin (brake up the middle, not far left, touch the curb at 40mph, smooth exit) even the really good drivers will "bite" and either try to follow or adjust line, and get the wobble when throttle-on usually resulting in about a 1.5sec gap into the tunnel section.

As for recognizing names in your second video...
I couldn't believe I was seeing a true GT hero and one of my good friends when he showed up in a race on Friday.
It's been 5 years, I think.

Looking like a nicer selection of races this week - I feel pretty comfy at Autopolis especially after the super formula race there a while back, really taught me how a lot of the corners around there link up. I was annoyed last time it came up as FF only (World Championship of Understeer) but definitely looking forward to a few runs there.

If @Pigems rally bonus race is anything to go by, the S800 is definitely gonna be worth a few whips around, although I don't see anywhere to dab the brakes and send it sideways thru the air over a crest...

And Catalunya returns which is nice, I thought they had forgotten about it, although recently I've been feeling like I just suck at Gr. 3 and shouldn't make it my primary race, also it's going to be a fuel saving affair and those can be a real snoozefest, so probably A and B for me to start the week.

Can't say how happy I am to have both B and C races grab my attention.

Last week i was only interested in B and there was around an 8 minute downtime in between races that was killing me. I literally spent more time waiting for the race to start than I did actually racing!

Not to mention the 3 or 4 disconnects I got over the weekend - then it was a 20 minute wait till the next race.

Pretty darn impressive from the Atenza. I got FL on lap 6. :eek: Tyre wear was almost non-existent. No fuel conserving for me. Just flat out from go. I also got a purple 1st sector on lap 10!

If you all can start up closer to the front, there should be less fuel used, as shorter race distance than from where I started. However, an AMG pit mid-race and an M6 pit at about lap 8 or 9.

EBxIbFrU8AA2x7q

Almost 3rd... almost...
EBxIuzZUcAA-5Z7

...done for the night.

Last edited:
Pretty darn impressive from the Atenza. I got FL on lap 6. :eek: Tyre wear was almost non-existent. No fuel conserving for me. Just flat out from go. I also got a purple 1st sector on lap 10!

If you all can start up closer to the front, there should be less fuel used, as shorter race distance than from where I started. However, an AMG pit mid-race and an M6 pit at about lap 8 or 9.

EBxIbFrU8AA2x7q

Almost 3rd... almost...
EBxIuzZUcAA-5Z7

...done for the night.
Now this! Wets my appetite for race C. I run automatic, so fuel saving is hard, accept using the FM. Being able to run flat out in a car makes it a unusual race C though

Got about ten laps done so far trying to learn the A combo. It's a nice little car to drive so hopefully there is good racing here this week. Only got a 1.05.144 so far but i am still trying to find my best way around for this car....

Got about ten laps done so far trying to learn the A combo. It's a nice little car to drive so hopefully there is good racing here this week. Only got a 1.05.144 so far but i am still trying to find my best way around for this car....

Want to jump into top 100?^)

I love race A, don't know why but it's fun

I can’t wait for the evening to try!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the time top 100 for the american server is not an issue for me, i am however, a slow starter. It takes me a while to get up to speed, always has.... depending on the combo and how much miles i can put down i usually find my pace by the end of Monday or Tuesday. With only a few more laps i am now a 5.076, and still trying different things. I will start "attacking" the track soon...

Most of the time top 100 for the american server is not an issue for me, i am however, a slow starter. It takes me a while to get up to speed, always has.... depending on the combo and how much miles i can put down i usually find my pace by the end of Monday or Tuesday. With only a few more laps i am now a 5.076, and still trying different things. I will start "attacking" the track soon...
I've done about 10 laps, so far, and it really isn't clear to me yet if it's best to go through the esses in 3rd, or 4th gear. I'm leaning towards 3rd. Still experimenting.

I was the same.... have started to up-shift out of the first left to help throw it into the right and it seems to be faster for me. Also trying to just use the down shift/off throttle to round the last turn, it seems to need a tiny touch of brakes there though.

I've done about 10 laps, so far, and it really isn't clear to me yet if it's best to go through the esses in 3rd, or 4th gear. I'm leaning towards 3rd. Still experimenting.

I’d be willing to bet 3rd is the answer, it will keep the RPM’s up more as your going uphill. I haven’t done a lap yet though, but typically in combos like this it’s 3rd everywhere except a drop to second around the final corner, sometimes not even there. :)

I’d be willing to bet 3rd is the answer, it will keep the RPM’s up more as your going uphill. I haven’t done a lap yet though, but typically in combos like this it’s 3rd everywhere except a drop to second around the final corner, sometimes not even there. :)
Yeah, it looks like it is 3rd. Wasn't sure, because 3rd maxes out at 77 mph, and the shift indicator is flashing all the way through there.

The thing is. Your at the very top of thrid gear if you get the line right going through there so you can grab a few more kph's by going ito 4th it seems. Also seems to have better grip in 4th round the second right, the higher rpms flirt with breaking the wheels loose it feels like... i dont know man, still not sure what my best attack is tbh...

Yeah, it looks like it is 3rd. Wasn't sure, because 3rd maxes out at 77 mph, and the shift indicator is flashing all the way through there.

As long as your not hitting rev limiter you’re alright, the shift up and back down is equivalent of lifting off the gas twice, even if only briefly vs staying On the throttle with no lifts. :)

It's sad to not have enough free time to practice and get the most of the week's events. In any case, I believe the A is where is at this time aroud for me. Slow cars in a short track? That seems the right combination for profit. But I love Gr.3 so much that maybe I'll run some Cs just for the fun.

B is a non-go for me, Autopolis is a waste of time.

Eeeep! Well that was a demoralising experience... I'm sure @Pigems is to blame. I qualified pretty crappily with the 'vette. That had me starting P8/18 on a grid of half DR/Ds, the rest, mostly B with a few Cs. Or at least it would have. I don't know if our old re-set bug hit or what. If it was IRC I'd say there was a netspit. Suddenly I was pole in a race of 2.

I was leading for 2 laps, then he got past me because I slid a bit, had to correct, he had overlap, so I had to yield. This followed by a couple of excursions into the sand and a spin, He was 40s ahead when he pitted. That was too much for a no stop to catch up. To add insult to injury I ran out of fuel with 1/4 of a lap to go. I was realy struggling with the usually stable 'vette, and even with short shifting and using taller gears than recommended I still couldn't go the distance. I'll try the Aston tomorrow.

SR Blue, DR down 68. Another day above DR 1 :rolleyes:.

@sturk0167 Well ok then. Was just gonna ask after i saw your time. Nice lap my man

I wonder if there are two ways to skin the cat this time.... cuse i was headed for a similar time but blew the last corner. Optimum is a 4.359 now

Last edited:
Got down to 1:04.1 for race A, but that doesn't even make the top 30 in EMEA right now, never mind the top 10. Still, should be good enough to do some races at the 17k DR that account has. Looks like a good one for gaming K' speed score, I think 0.5% slower than #1 is the best I've had even taking into account how early in the week it is.

Judging by how well I did in the FIA race, I'm definitely giving Race B a go. My Alfa 4C is crazy fast at autopolis. Mind you, it's not a manufacturer race, so anyone can use it, but in that race I messed up the first corner, dropped down to 5th, then proceeded to win the race by over 15 seconds to second place and he didn't even have an off. Good field of drivers too. It really is that quick around there, and is that much better on tires than most other cars.

It's so useless on some tracks but god I love it when the 4C is the best at tracks like this. Or at least competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back