• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A18FB850-D549-4C08-B3F2-7149D049DCEE.jpeg
4AE90108-0C2C-4292-AE13-EDA13EDB1598.jpeg
C220EEA5-FC61-4DD7-87C3-5C1B78280772.jpeg
104.4 or .3 after 15-20 laps. .4 outside the top 10

Cannot work out that first corner, lost pole to finish 2nd four times messing up that first corner fuuuuuuuu (what BB are you fellas using?)
For me I’m staying in 3rd gear through the esses, sometimes it bounces off the limiter but when it does I’ve been lucky and it’s just rotated the car into the next corner, 4th feels guttless up the hill.
Racing seems clean considering I was playing from 4pm-6pm.

Probably won’t get on until the weekend now. But pleased with a couple of wins, just need to work out that first corner!!

No improvement yet, but got 3rd on the grid, here we go...
And I didn't crash! All top 5 starters were Brits in this one, much pleasantries in the pre race lobby. This thing is so much fun; it calls to mind the Great British lightweights of the 60s! I had a few skechy moments but this is a forgiving car if you recognise your mistakes early and compensate... T1 got very interesting as on lap 4 I brainfarted and thought it was the last corner - lift, dip it into third and... limiter? Oh crap, wrong corner! Squeeze the stop pedal just in time, and kept the car on the tarmac and relatively settled.

Lap 3 I overtook 2nd place clean on the first of the esses, up the inside and away. Something must have happened back there as the leader and I had a 2 second gap come lap 5. I stayed with him the whole way but he had the better of me - I think we both biffed up t1 a couple of times but he was lovely and smooth through the esses and never let up on me. Great drive from that man.

All told, another clean race and around 800 DR gained, putting me at... 9,991. Ever seen a progress bar this tantalising?

Just 2 dirty race B's at lunch time. No qualy, started 13th & 15th in a EVO & WRX, respectively

The race then consisted of watching everyone ahead just play bumper cars and slowly gain spots.

Finished both races in 4th, and a gain of 1174 DR points.

White SR for race 1 from one bump draft and a side swipe. You know, you try and keep room between yourself and opponents, yet some still have to touch.

Got a Blue rating for race 2, but got called out by a 1 bar idiot starting behind me.

Lap 1, Turn 1 they slammed right into me taking me off at that corner, they then continued to 1 bar bounce across the track all the way to Turn 2, where I undercut them and thankfully got away from Zebedee. They call me a poos at the end; I think there's an extra o in there for some reason, but they instantly quit the chat so no response was coming. If you're gonna call someone out, at least wait for a response!

Race B is going to be an SR killer this week, and Race C is just horrid.

Last edited:
I don't usually understand why people don't like autopolis. Not too bad, pretty technical but flowing sections and when you nail them it just seems so nice. That last set of corners and chicanes at catalunya is pure evil to me. There's something there I can't get. But I do have to admit there are good spots to pass there and the rhythm bits of autopolis are pretty much one lane only. Wish I could get on early this week as I'm not lightning quick at auto but smooth and consistent so could usually gain points early in the week while other lower rankers struggle to remember it. Oh well, schedules don't help me this week

Last edited:
I relent, got errands done early so tried a race B in the 4c. I don't like that car, feels too twitchy for the way I drive currently and after 25 laps of practice still didn't feel right. Raced anyway, psychos made it interesting at least. Started 12th in a crapshoot lobby, A+ to D drivers through the field. Some guy actually parked it, or near enough on the turn 1 apex. If he was still moving it couldn't have bee more than 20kph. So as I turn in to acoid all the carnage heading wide I become the fan hitting the ****. Bumped him off, practically stopped me, but I did end up rolling in 9th with a 3sec penalty. So much carnage it only drops me to 13th. But as I catch a big wad of 4 in the back rhythm section they decide to take the double right 3 wide? So after a lot of ping pong we hit the front straight with me on their tail, and they ignore the slipstream and drive away anyway. Ended up working back to 10th after my hold on 9th was killed by a semi-clean barge pass. I left the gap, small tap at the apex just to ensure ai couldn't accelerate. Might have to suck it up and try race C instead. After Big Willow and Kyoto last week not sure I have the stomach left for that carnage.

Sad to see the end of Willow Springs, it was by far my most successful event to date and got my first ever wins (3 of them) this week.

I was sad too. I snagged those wins I posted earlier (now in the archive thread).

I don't usually understand why people don't like autopolis.

I can't complain. I won my first daily race there. It's my only win there. But, there are many more tracks with 0 wins to my credit.

I went dark over the last week, even though there were 2 race combos that appealed to me. But, life gets in the way sometimes.

So I had just two and a half hours to play and spent nearly all of if fiddling with the liery editor:

6206062543793848324_0.jpg

Here's the link.

In the end, I did one race and found two things:

- I can manage to finish the Barcelona race without stops
- But doing so ruins my pace because I focus so much on short-shifting which makes me error prone, driving like an idiot missing apexes and breaking points that I wouldn't otherwise. Starting from eight, I could have won, I reckon.

So, tips? Which is best short shifting with the engine mapping set to maximum power, or starve the engine so you don't have to be so aggresive with the gear changes? Or should I just drop this economic run altogheter and go full banzai?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back