"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by LordDrift, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigems

Pigems

So he went 4th down the straight, trail into T1 in 4th, downshift to 3rd just before T2, back to 4th by T3, 4th all the way to the final turn and then drop to 3rd while rounding the last corner and back up to 4th for the home straight?

Leggacy, sturk0167 and Dairyworker like this.
  2. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

I did a few races at Catalunya this morning, back at SR 99! And also upgraded to DR.A again :scared:
    [​IMG]
    I tried the Porsche after. First attemp a draft bump took the crb away, still a strong finish. Then the next one I made a noob mistake. I was so focused on the race and pacing out my fuel, sitting in 4th place, 4.5 sec behind the leader, I cross the finish and let go of the controller. Wait a minute why is the gap still counting up, why is auto drive not taking over, why am I drifting into the grass, final lap? :banghead: I had 1% fuel for my lap of shame in fm6 and gear 6. I fell to 8th :banghead:

3. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

I haven't watched it but, that seems to be the way to go.

Pigems likes this.
  4. Pigems

Pigems

Cool, that’s how you need to run the Mini around there so I figured it would be similar. :)

5. Tandem21

Tandem21

Probably going to be Race C for me this week. I hate Autopolis with passion no matter the car. Terrible track.

C is much more flowy and feels a lot better to lap. Quali'd at 1:49.7xx so far, and hoping to shave another second off that time. Should be good enough for this week.

6. breeminator

breeminator

Did a race A, but even with an EMEA top 40 time and 17k DR it wasn't THAT easy to win. Was on pole, managed to get out of slipstream range, but was less than 2 seconds ahead of 2nd at the finish. Gained 900 DR.

YoBuck, bone_tone, GT5Power and 4 others like this.
  7. Saipra

Saipra

So much pain in your story!) Racing Drama!

8. Pigems

Pigems

That’s no bad, I’ve had top 10/15 times and not even got Pole lots of times. :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  9. sturk0167

sturk0167

Exactly right

Pigems, Dairyworker and MaxAttack like this.
  10. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Catalunya is a nice track for sure, but in my world Autopolis along with Kyoto Yamagiwa is some of the best flowing tracks in the game. So much turns are linked together.

05XR8, JoeyLeonine and Pigems like this.
  11. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Hmmm I did 3rd for T2, 4th from T3 to the last right hander of the sector where I shift down to 3rd and then hold it till I got to the straight

sturk0167 and Pigems like this.
  12. GT5Power

GT5Power

I've gone into a race with the #5 time on the leaderboard and started P3. :lol:

DelboyD, DK, RacingGrandpa and 4 others like this.
  13. bone_tone

bone_tone

Yes, you were 2 seconds ahead of me! Don't know what happened to the guy in second - he crossed the line ahead of me, but then it suddenly showed he was a lap behind, and he ended up as a DNF.....

Pigems and breeminator like this.
  14. golfer07840

golfer07840

I love that car, Race A this week, now interests me.

The R8 is nearly useless since the major Nerf in July :(

I find St. Croix to be good to just do some country driving in an N100 - N300 car.

Alsace is definitely a strange track.

Platzlurch, 05XR8, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  15. JoeyLeonine

JoeyLeonine

Never known a track that's as Marmite as Autopolis...

You either love it or hate it.

edit: I realise that is a British idiom and may not translate 100% everywhere.

Stencedaddy, DelboyD, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  16. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

In Sweden you could just swap the word Marmite for Surströmming, same effect.

JoeyLeonine and Pigems like this.
  17. sturk0167

sturk0167

So, I'm gonna have to go ahead and reiterate a point that I made previously.

I see on the events list that race A is 5 laps. That's great. :rolleyes: For each hour, there's about 16-17 minutes of racing.

PD, if you must insist on making the races so short, please schedule at least 4 of them per hour. All of that downtime makes people lose interest. :grumpy:

golfer07840, Stencedaddy, DK and 9 others like this.
  18. breeminator

breeminator

4 race As now, 4 poles, 4 clean race bonuses. I was hoping to be able to say 4 wins, but the last race we had 5 x A/A+/S drivers in the lobby, and I knew they were never going to be hugely respectful towards a B driver on the track in front of them. There was no chance of getting clear of slipstream range, so eventually they were right behind me going into turn 1, I didn't take it all that well, and two of them were past me. Not a 100% clean move, got nudged out wide a little by the car going on my inside, but I got near enough the same DR for 3rd in that lobby as first in the all B/S lobbies, so didn't mind really. DR up from 17k to 20.5k, that's enough racing stress for me for now, at least.

19. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

My first go in the Race C event in the Gr 3s.......I went for the American option this time, nice ginger "Hamstermobile"! :D

68299111_10220257587291108_4322702524055289856_n.jpg

67872519_10220257589411161_2788077796860100608_n.jpg

Started from 2nd, had a look into turn 1, lap 1, and that gave me the opportunity to pounce.....Enjoy the video below! :)

Beginners luck! :D

20. Groundfish

Groundfish

Mornin.
    Ran Catalunya qual. 47.1. More there, but not for me...now.
    AMG in qual seems a bit easier and more consistent with slightly better average times.
    Catalunya is a very balanced track imo. One of the best in game. Lotta r8 and 911 will be getting pens and goin sideways limits set tight.
    Imo pick a power car and just wait for the tire wear and mistakes to come from mr drivers...

Pigems, RacingGrandpa and sturk0167 like this.
  21. watto79

watto79

I don't mind Autopolis. But I don't Marmite either. I'm strange like that.

Of the three races this week Race B seems to be the one for me. I always struggle with Catalunya. Just can't seem to get the flow of it.

JoeyLeonine and Pigems like this.
  22. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

MEGA! No way i thought you were gonna win that (with respect), he held his nerve but then you nailed that last turn... great job :bowdown:

23. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

Nice to see Catalunya this week.

Hopefully I recover pretty quickly. I'm far too fragile for gaming, at the moment. Getting too old for this "four day drinking session" melarky.

24. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

No races this morning cuse the wife's day off. I did however get to run hot laps all morning. This is the result, looking forward to racing this combo for the rest of the week...

20190812_131803.jpg
    @Pigems CHALLENGE!!! followed by a slap with a racing glove lol

25. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Tedious is the word that comes to my mind. I neither love it nor hate it, indifferent, boring. Fuji is hate. Any track where you stay in the same gear for most of the track is just dull.

I don't mind the short races since I can get lots of things done while racing. I did 100 races on Tokyo last week, 14 per day on average. Just over 8 minutes to race, 11 minutes to work out, make food, eat, do the dishes, answer email, pay bills, browse this site.

The week before had shorter races like this week I guess. I got more done lol. However Suzuka East, no thanks! Catalunya it is for me, which means I can't do as many races. Not enough down time to get things done.

If I don't respond in the pre race lobby it's because I don't show up until "Final" flashes on the screen. Sometimes I barely make it back in time for the countdown. At least I've conditioned myself to always put the controller down in the same place. Nothing so frustrating as seeing the race start and you can't find the controller :lol:

Groundfish, DK, JoeyLeonine and 5 others like this.
  26. O604

O604

I need slower friends. ;)

Did some laps for Race A. My time of 1:05.337 is last on my friends list by a full second. But top 150 regionally.

This is me looking at my friends list.

[​IMG]

27. Pigems

Pigems

Nicely done!!

Also, Challenge Accepted! :cheers:

28. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Currently on a 1.04.8 for race A and in the queue, 10 or so minutes to see if i can go faster then into the madness I go!

Pigems, sturk0167 and Dairyworker like this.
  29. Scotchboy

Scotchboy

I'm away most of the week so today is my one main chance.
    Picked Race B in the 4C. I love Autopolis. Know my braking points and racing line there inside out... though it seems literally nobody else I'm matched against are the same.

First race, started 8th, a rare victory, yay!

Second attempt: nope. Lap 1, got pushed off on the inside exiting the hairpin halfway round while in 4th place by an aggressive Lancer. I got SR down. Rejoined in 8th, but was on the outside, and got pushed off into the sand by a speeding Corvette using me as a barrier. SR down, rejoined in last place. Worked my way up to 9th. Disaster.

Third attempt: nope. Started in 7th, worked up to 4th again. In the right hand bend at the start of the last tight complex, an erratic Finnish Megane that had been a nightmare to cleanly pass punted me off into the sand to 'punish me' for passing him. No penalty for him, SR down for me. Replaced onto track in last. Worked my way up to 9th. Guy in 8th slowed down very hard on the outside into the hairpin at the end of the first complex, then moved hard right against me when I was alongside, and sent himself into a spin. I got a 2s penalty for forcing him off the track and an SR demotion to B again.

Fourth attempt: nope. Started 7th again. Worked up to 5th. At the end of the long downhill straight, I gently braked and turned right. The Atenza behind didn't brake and instead tapped my right rear corner to use as his brake. I got sent into the sand and gifted a 1s penalty. Down to last place. Worked back up to 12th, M4 in front of me was weaving and braking in odd places making it impossible to safely pass, while also rewarding me with plenty of SR downs. So yeah, lost 6 SR for that and eventually finished, shock horror, 12th. Other drivers are the worst. Also lost 1000DR over the course of those 3 terribly cheaty races.

Fifth attempt. nope. Started 10th somehow. Crashfest into the second corner, even worse going through the first hairpin but I survived in 6th. Green 4C behind hit my right rear wheel on the flowing left hand corner and then drove into the sand. Penalty for me and that was my race effectively over. Finish 9th. SR collapsed to 44 because no matter what I did to avoid them other drivers hit me relentlessly any chance they got.

So yeah, demoted again to B, lost a ton of SR and DR. All that hard work raising them both for nothing.

This game is utterly thankless and the penalty/SR system sucks. I have NEVER once in this entire game driven aggressively with any intent to remove someone else from the track, yet when I get punted off they get away with it penalty-free and score a blue SR letter at the end, and literally anytime I'm touched by someone else I get SR down or a penalty.
    Legit Sport Mode would be perfect if I could just have clean races with maybe the occasional accidental race incident (like in real life) with drivers of comparable skill and attitude. Instead it's crashfests with erratic drivers who treat everyone else like they are AI and it is their legal right to be ahead of them by any means possible.

30. sturk0167

sturk0167

I can relate to that. But you deserve credit for putting down a time. :tup: I was so bad at race A last week, that I didn't even try to qualify.

RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.