"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of my favourite Americans/Canadians racing at Autopolis?

It's 22:55 here, so I've got time for four races. Maybe five . .

Edit. Three, maybe four. My internet has dropped out. I'll get it sorted, and back for the 23:30 race.

@sturk0167 Its probably a no stop, but a flat out no stop. :)

44BC77E1-DC57-47B5-92C7-911B531690E4.jpeg

25018C78-4922-4D2F-AB5F-36FA62CE7085.jpeg

Last edited:
I can't find the post that replied to me earlier haha.
But yes the hit me in the side and don't get a penalty thing has been used a lot at me tonight. Racers be dirty today.

Did a fourth race. Really wish I was allowed to name and shame cos the same German NSX was a problem across 3 of the races and after the most recent one said he wasn't being dirty and that everyone was bad at driving and drove themselves into the grass as he defended and we don't know what racing is, which of course the game agrees with since it gave him zero penalties and a shiny blue S each time. Boils my blood. I have the rage so no more unfun racing for me.

That was my response to you. :D But, after what I've seen over the last few weeks, I'm over it. The daily races are one reason why I don't do FIA competitions. Since it's a Wreckfest world & we're trying to be clean, I've adopted new philosophy. If you push me off & get a penalty, good. I won't worry about you. But, if you push me off & don't get a penalty, you just painted a target on your back. I won't wreck myself to pay anyone back, but as I've shown in some videos before, if I'm within reach of you, you're a lawnmower.

Any of my favourite Americans/Canadians racing at Autopolis?

It's 22:55 here, so I've got time for four races. Maybe five . .

Edit. Three, maybe four. My internet has dropped out. I'll get it sorted, and back for the 23:30 race.

Hmm...I might want to grab my controller.

Probably mostly C, unless it turns into a no-stopper. I really don't think it will, with the 17x tire wear.

Race C is definitely a no stop. Pit loss is around 10 seconds but you will not gain that back over the 2nd stint as whilst x17 tyrewear sounds extreme the drop off in laptime is minimal and fresh tyres are only worth about 1 second per lap....throw in the traffic and the 1 stop has no chance.

Non stop is about 6-7 seconds quicker when run in free air.

Off course its Tokyo so if you can complete the race distance penalty free you probably win regardless of strategy lol

Well, I don't think I'm going to be doing any more racing tonight. Managed to get my net reset before the 23:00 Autopolis race, and was wondering why everyone was disappearing down the straights, and why I could brake so much later than usual.

My brake pedal is stuck on. Maybe only by 1 or 2 percent. But, it's not helping. Still, managed to go from 19th, to 15th.

Edit. Turning the PS4 off, and on, seems to have it fixed. Definitely going to be keeping an eye on this.

Last edited:
Well, not going to name and shame but tonight I was addressed like this "lazaruskie, if you are not a Muslim then I am sorry".
I was baffled. I'm a drive not a religion.

What the hell does that even mean?

Did they bump you in the race? The only possible thing I can think from that, is that if they see a Muslim (although, I'm not sure how you'd tell via a PSN Name) they think it's ok to ram/punt them?

Well, not going to name and shame but tonight I was addressed like this "lazaruskie, if you are not a Muslim then I am sorry".
I was baffled. I'm a drive not a religion.

Just by looking at your name & not the flag of the country you registered in, I would have guessed Russian. :P I agree with Beardo though, unless you were playing bumper cars, then they shouldn't have said anything.

I tried the Race C & I guess some internet issues kept Beardo out of the lobby. After a slightly less bumpy race, I'll carry myself back to race B.

Tried the Manu Series last night at Barcelona... was in 3rd with no pitstop. Had to slow down due to fuel and tires. I was calculating that at worst I would finish in 6th or 4th a best. Well, until this driver caught up to me and even after I had moved over for him to pass, he somehow managed to hit me and push me off track, destroying my race entirely. Finished in13th :mad:.

Closing out the week on a good note by just clinching a win at Sardegna at last. :cheers:

Last edited:
Did 2 afternoon races at Fuji. Got good match ups even though I was only at around 90 SR. Got that back up to 97 now.

Did my best to stay in front of faster drivers this week but couldn't hold any of them off. That + 1 second QT makes a big difference once the race opens up. But overall, great week racing with great drivers, trying to keep up with drivers much faster than me. Honestly one of my favorite things to do. :D

I was too, I was flat out the whole time and I set my best lap on lap 7. I didn’t feel like the tires were much of a factor on this track, maybe they will a little more in a draft? Either way it should be fun. :)
The last time we had the same race, I learned something from Sven. Even though that Lambo is AWD, if you put it on TCS 2, it will preserve the tires, without slowing you down. I'll try 0, 1, and 2, to see how it is. Maybe turn it up as the race progresses?

The last time we had the same race, I learned something from Sven. Even though that Lambo is AWD, if you put it on TCS 2, it will preserve the tires, without slowing you down. I'll try 0, 1, and 2, to see how it is. Maybe turn it up as the race progresses?

Interesting, I’ll try it tomorrow. I had TCS off and started with my usual BB+3 on that car, but the backs started to wear first so I went to BB0 on lap 2 and for the rest of the way. They wore pretty evenly for the most part after that, the left wore a bit more because of the direction of the track but that’s unavoidable. :)

Wish there was a way to get detailed track stats or heat maps of where drivers go off or mess up. The first chicane of Sardegna would be bright red. Started calling it the Cemetery corner.

You won’t be missed. Bring on the rain!

Last four at Autopolis. The 15th is the race where my brake pedal wouldn't fully disengage. So, I was 25kph down at the end of the main straight. The 4th, and 8th were good races. 8th place finish involved a spin through that wierd uphill right/left.

Last race? That was a mess. Absolute chaos. Dive bombs from over half a second back, intentional ramming, and brake checking. That doesn't include the brain dead Canadian who rammed literally everyone who he overtook, or who dared to overtake him.

Note to self; avoid cars that are literally covered in marijuana leaf stickers, like the plague.

QvRA924.jpg

g0yfmO6.jpg

VN6Ezyr.jpg

u4RRgV2.jpg

What the hell does that even mean?

Did they bump you in the race? The only possible thing I can think from that, is that if they see a Muslim (although, I'm not sure how you'd tell via a PSN Name) they think it's ok to ram/punt them?
He pushed me wide in the long right hander and this was his apology. I drive with a livery in the Swedish colours and we took in a lot of refugees in 2015,so I guess that's the reason.
Never felt so good about reporting a player before.
Edit: lazaruskie is a name I used since a long time. It used to be Lazarus because I played fps-games and that guy came back from the dead, although not as often as I did.
Then when the mod I played, Heat of Battle, moved to BF that name was taken. Since we also played Red Orchestra I added the-skie, hence Lazaruskie.

Last edited:
Sad that the daily races have changed! Only got two more races in over the weekend in race B. I guess it was getting kind of stale.

I swapped from the atenza to the AMG. First race was an absolute **** show on my part. I started P4 with my improved qualy time. First, second, and third were involved in a massive collision in the double right hander on first lap, and I took the lead with a 2 second gap. Lap 2 went wide onto the grass at turn 1, and it all fell apart from there. A nightmare race for me with so many unforced errors and a race ending spin on lap 4. The only good takeaway from it was that I only ruined my own race and didn’t SR down. Finished 12th.

Second race was the next day. Improved my qualy by 2 tenths, started P2. I challenged myself to just take it easy, and make no race ending errors. P1 wipes himself out on the barrier before the sweeping right near the last turn on lap 1.

Easy win from there with no major errors on my part. No DR B, but I’m a hair closer after being knocked down a lot from the first race.

Looking forward to this week’s races but not really sure which I’ll focus on. Is race B in the wet? If so, I’ll probably try my hand at race C.

Made an alt account. Completed all the CE. Of the Gr.4 cars I was gifted, got 2 Vantage, Evo X, F-Type, RC F, C7.

On my regular account, I just have a Gr.4 RC F & Atenza in my garage. Really hope it's not a sprint race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back