"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there is no strategy in this weeks Daily race C. No pitstop for fuel or tyres, just go as fast as you can. I just did the race in the Lambo with BB set to 5 to the rear and it was no problem for fuel or tyres. All you have to do is avoid any trouble, which of course at Tokyo East Outer Loop is easier said than done. Was racing against a guy in the Mercedes, a guy in the Jaguar, someone in the Lexus and a few other Lamborghini's so maybe they are worth a look as well. Maybe check out the Aston Martin as well

Good luck for your SR this week :)

I can understand if you are dissatisfied with PD's decision to make it dry, but that hardly makes the game ridiculous. It's still as fun as it was before the rain, and if a rainy daily race is the only thing stopping the game from being ridiculous then, well....
Well, what does make this game ridiculous are two things:

1. Dodge Viper Gr. 3 and 4 need huge buffs
2. There is still no Pontiac GTO The Judge '69 in this game.

We seriously need a Point A to Point B race. Standing start up Pike's Peak, Mille Miglia, West Side Hwy from The Bronx to Canal Street. Something...

In Project Cars there is California Hwy 1. That'd be pretty special for Sport Mode. I think there is also Monaco(?) as a point to point.

To be honest, I know the car's a bit crap and they repeated the race a lie before, but I've got a bit of a soft spot for the fiat 500 at Maggiore, it was the first sport mode race where I actually felt like I was racing rather than just driving around trying not to be in the way.

Also the site of my favourite bit of revenge, a guy smashed me off the road in one race (took 3 hits, definitely deliberate), so at the start of the next race I was hugging the curb at T2, and he turned in on me, instead of backing out, I kept my foot down and let him hit me again and pit maneuver himself into last place.

I couldn't be bothered playing F1 last night so I decided to participate in Race B. My rank stinks after the Nations Cup race so I wasn't put in the best company. I did Race B once on Saturday and I wanted to give it another crack. I chose a car that wouldn't naturally be my first choice - the Evolution Group 3. But the car handled great which gave me a lot of confidence. I made a bit of a mess in the first few races as I was being a rather impatient. That didn't do me any favours. I didn't expect to be soo far up the grid considering I hadn't done a daily race for 2 months. Eventually I got back into the rhythm and scored win number 100. I think I'll be choosing the Mitsubishi again.

I don't think we'll see wet weather in Sport Mode just yet because PD may not be confident that everyone will keep it clean and because of on going penalty system and SR algorithms problems and how TRICKY driving in the rain is at the moment. If there was a race in wet weather for this week, I think it would be a massive DR & SR killer and everyone would complain ("that race in the rain was an absolute joke.") and not bother risking it again.

Just wait until the penalty system and SR judgement are slightly improved, then we may see rain in Sport Mode. :)

Did a 9.234 in the Vantage and 9.6 in the F-Type and C7. That final drive in the Vantage is keeping it quick through the gears up to top speed.

EEAr_dSU8AExA7_

EEAsGvwU0AAd_eZ

EEAsMw_UEAETOPv

I don't think we'll see wet weather in Sport Mode just yet because PD may not be confident that everyone will keep it clean and because of on going penalty system and SR algorithms problems and how TRICKY driving in the rain is at the moment. If there was a race in wet weather for this week, I think it would be a massive DR & SR killer and everyone would complain ("that race in the rain was an absolute joke.") and not bother risking it again.

Just wait until the penalty system and SR judgement are slightly improved, then we may see rain in Sport Mode. :)

Just remove the SR and DR for the rain in the meantime!

First one down on alt account(E/B rank). Even so, Vantage was still faster than the Huracan everywhere. Pulled away once I broke the slipstream.
EEAxXseUwAA8CVi

EEAxbaRUUAMIVsV

EEAxqCrU4AAPlyx

Messed up my projected time in my normal account. Also, a very diverse field with S players.
EEAzuCJUwAIUnhv

EEA0G1iVUAAntsL

Oh well. If only some players were patient.
EEA4ZpFU0AAj6Em

Edit: Got the Huracan right at the line
EEA_SpxVAAAb6M0

Last edited:
Excited for new races. Sardegna B II gets an overall thumbs down from me. I liked it at first but its one of those tracks that doesnt feel like it was meant to go reverse. I also had some serious douche nozzles in the races i was able to do. Never got around to trying the super gt autopolis race. Bring on RBR.

I thought Race C looks like fun so gave it a go on my second account. It's a bit of a penalty fiesta! Gr.4 on a narrow circuit leads to inevitable contact and we all know that the penalty system works on commission at this circuit.

First race wasn't dirty but penalties for everyone. I had 4 penalties through the race and lost 12 SR.
Second race I just concentrated on keeping away from walls and cars. No penalties but a few minor contacts were made. +1 SR.....

It is a fun combination for sure but I think Race B might be better for my sanity/SR.

btw spent a recent morning driving around in one of these. Bags of fun and utterly terrifying. Makes you feel like your driving an F1 car but obviously nothing like the speed (I don't know how fast I went, it didn't have a speedo). It has a 1000cc motorbike engine and needed the lightest touch on the throttle to go from idle to engine screaming. Highly recommended!

F1000.jpg

I thought Race C looks like fun so gave it a go on my second account. It's a bit of a penalty fiesta! Gr.4 on a narrow circuit leads to inevitable contact and we all know that the penalty system works on commission at this circuit.

First race wasn't dirty but penalties for everyone. I had 4 penalties through the race and lost 12 SR.
Second race I just concentrated on keeping away from walls and cars. No penalties but a few minor contacts were made. +1 SR.....

It is a fun combination for sure but I think Race B might be better for my sanity/SR.

btw spent a recent morning driving around in one of these. Bags of fun and utterly terrifying. Makes you feel like your driving an F1 car but obviously nothing like the speed (I don't know how fast I went, it didn't have a speedo). It has a 1000cc motorbike engine and needed the lightest touch on the throttle to go from idle to engine screaming. Highly recommended!

View attachment 849519
That's a F1000 from Jedi, is it not?

Sardegna B II gets an overall thumbs down from me. I liked it at first but its one of those tracks that doesnt feel like it was meant to go reverse.
Agreed. Whoever decided that there needed to be a wall suddenly appearing perpendicular to the exit of the right-hander at the start of the last sector needs a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back