"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made 3 attempts at Race C, placed 2nd twice and won the third race by 0.001 seconds.

It is fun but it is a risky SR trap. A lot of the time is spent in a slipstream or side-by-side. You are placing a lot of trust in other drivers here because if they tap you then tap the wall, you're getting a 4-5 second penalty even if you were driving sensibly and leaving room.

I'm trying to work with some drivers to at least pull away from others. I helped a Citroen with a draft to catch up to a Huracan. It wound up passing it and I got by at the line. At the end, I typed, "shknbake":lol: The player didn't understand. :lol: So, I typed, " The draft" and left.

I don't think we'll see wet weather in Sport Mode just yet because PD may not be confident that everyone will keep it clean and because of on going penalty system and SR algorithms problems and how TRICKY driving in the rain is at the moment. If there was a race in wet weather for this week, I think it would be a massive DR & SR killer and everyone would complain ("that race in the rain was an absolute joke.") and not bother risking it again.

Just wait until the penalty system and SR judgement are slightly improved, then we may see rain in Sport Mode. :)

I see one small problem with your logic.... tarmac GrB races in the dailies. They have run them more than once and the handling was pretty similar to BRB in the wet. I can't see things being any more messed up than they were :crazy:.

Perfect ending to the night. I was genuinely fast. The Vantage is a beast. Had a battle for first with that F-Type, but it got a penalty while it was behind me.

EEBoTzNUEAUB4b5

EEBoebMUYAY6h11

Made 3 attempts at Race C, placed 2nd twice and won the third race by 0.001 seconds.

It is fun but it is a risky SR trap. A lot of the time is spent in a slipstream or side-by-side. You are placing a lot of trust in other drivers here because if they tap you then tap the wall, you're getting a 4-5 second penalty even if you were driving sensibly and leaving room.

I second this. It is a fun race but even being mega cautious you are going to pick up odd penalty for nothing or more likely someone elses screw up

If folk would learn that the exit from turn 2 till the downhill section towards the hairpin is a no overtake zone things would go much smoother.

Thus far iv done 2 raced from back and finished 7th and 10th. Got good pace just lacking the ghosting device to avoid hitting recovering cars.

First race on Tokyo. Wow that competition on Monday morning, 4 S/S drivers at the top with 2:08 lap times, Veyron and V8 Vantage used. I used the V8 starting last naturally, finished 8th after a clean race on my part. Someone did try to give me a penalty by bumping me then the wall. Luckily it didn't work, just SR Down for me.

I had forgotten in what a stupid place the penalty zone is on this track. Right before the one dive pin corner, a bunch of ghosted cars at different speeds really helps a lot in that spot... Why not after the corner PD :banghead::banghead::banghead: Also 7 laps, not enough, 12 minute wait for the next race ugh. No pit stop needed either nor any saving of anything, no strategy, but fun to simply drive flat out for a change. Too bad GR.4 isn't all that fast. V8 tops out at 265 kph with drafting on the straight.

I'm not sure if this combo will break my NMS addiction. It doesn't help that the school bus times changed so now when I get back from dropping of my kids I'm 3 minutes too late to start a daily C :/ The long wait in between won't help either not to simply play a bit of NMS instead. With 6 laps it could have been a daily B... I finished in 15:41 on my first attempt, shortest daily C in a long time.

Race A and B no thanks. No rain, no point going on RBR.

1:12.382 at Lago Maggiore with a rank of 472
Then barely putting 1:16s in the race and finishing last :-(
Waits for my time qualifying to completely obliterated with people pulling in high 1:08s further into the week.

I'm back (for a bit)
btnlWX3.jpg

Still got it :)

pAc7P71.jpg

Although I feel left out again without that coveted red dot :lol:

Again someone tried to give me a penalty.
TNW6GXw.gif

Failed again (although SR Down). I'm starting to get cautiously optimistic that PD has fixed something!!

Although lag is still odd, Brazilian turbo boost button confirmed
9XmoruS.gif

Would be cool if they did like 2x Credits for Sport Mode on weekends with a world tour event or something.

PD throws cred at me just for being Aussie ;). 200k because another Aussie did well with FIA.

And on to Race B. I ran the gauntlet twice tonight. Earlier today I managed to get a couple of qualy laps in, but the second lap it didn't count because of a penalty, then I had to go. When I entered tonight there wasn't enough time for another qualy lap, so the crappy time stood... P15/16 on a grid of DR/D with a couple of As for good measure. Second race I had enough time for a few laps. Improved my time ...by about 10s :lol:. That had me starting P8/16 on a grid of DR/D with a couple of As and a few Cs thrown in.

First race was pandemonium. I was stuck in a race where people couldn't come to terms with the idea that ya need to give others room if they are next to you and not just turn in :banghead:. I saw several orange SRs, with only 1 that I'm prepared to accept fault for. Despite that the M3 was proving to be a pocket dynamo on BRB. Punchy out of the corners. The track limits are still a bit silly for T1 and 2, but the grip has changed. People taking the wider arc to carry speed through the corner were loosing time on the green stuff. Finished P6, but it cost me penalties and about 10SR.

Second race was more of the same. I had one guy weaving in front of me, and he kept it up when I was next to him. He spun out and I was gifted a 4s contact penalty. I still managed to finish P7. There was obvious lag issues, with me getting orange SRs for contact that from my viewpoint didn't happen.

At the end of the two races DR went up a tad over 700, and SR dropped by 20. Is it the weekend yet @Pigems ??

Did a quick race B to get my bearing.
Wow i am so rusty and forgot the physics change so i was a bit confused why the M6 was under steering so much:lol:

Sadly the week isn't this interesting for me so i might just focus on casual lobbies instead

That's an early announcement :odd:

Next week's dailies:

Race A: Gr.4 (FF?) @ Autopolis, 4 laps, RH

Race B: N300 One-Make @ Nordschleife, 1 lap, SH

Race C: Gr.1 @ Sarthe, 5 laps, RH, 11x tires, 5x fuel
Race C all week for me then. That will be fun. This week’s races haven’t really gotten me excited. Hopefully I can up my DR though from B or C. Will have to see which vibes with me after work today.

Race C: Gr.1 @ Sarthe, 5 laps, RH, 11x tires, 5x fuel
Sweet! I guess I can pull the cover off of this bad boy, and start changing the fluids. 👍

@GT5Power do you remember if these race settings are the same ones from the Gr.1 Lemans race 2 months ago? Was it medium tires in the last one?

5 Laps 20 Players Car(s): GR1 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: x5 Tire Wear: x11 Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 10 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

Last edited:
Did 1 Race A this morning. QT 1:11.849. Started 4th. Finished 6th.

Thought I had a very good QT and wanted to take advantage of an early week race. Nope. That didn't work out. 5 drivers were faster than me on a Monday morning. :crazy:

My Race C QT is nowhere near ready. Need a lap guide please. :D

Did 1 Race A this morning. QT 1:11.849. Started 4th. Finished 6th.

Thought I had a very good QT and wanted to take advantage of an early week race. Nope. That didn't work out. 5 drivers were faster than me on a Monday morning. :crazy:

My Race C QT is nowhere near ready. Need a lap guide please. :D
I did a brief time trial session this morning, to find my best car for race C. I only had time to test 3 cars before work. My fastest was Vantage, then Veyron, then Huracan.

I can definitely see myself using a different car for qualifying, than for racing. Even with perfect tires, it wasn't easy for me to keep the Vantage straight when accelerating off the final turn. After a few laps it will be really hard for me. I'm sure I'll end up using an AWD in the race.

Last edited:
Sweet! I guess I can pull the cover off of this bad boy, and start changing the fluids. 👍

@GT5Power do you remember if these race settings are the same ones from the Gr.1 Lemans race 2 months ago? Was it medium tires in the last one?

5 Laps 20 Players Car(s): GR1 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: x5 Tire Wear: x11 Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 10 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None
I only remember that we had RH last time as well. They don't really tend to change the multipliers for a specific class / track combo, so I guess they're the same as before.

I did a brief time trial session this morning, to find my best car for race C. I only had time to test 3 cars before work. My fastest was Vantage, then Veyron, then Huracan.

I can definitely see myself using a different car for qualifying, than for racing. Even with perfect tires, it wasn't easy for me to keep the Vantage straight when accelerating off the final turn. After a few laps it will really hard for me. I'm sure I'll end up using an AWD in the race.
Try the f-type...i approve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back