"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fiat 500 has some interesting handling characteristics. 11.3 is it at the moment.

Huracan does a comfortable 2:08 around Tokyo.

Not a fan of the RBR.

Edit. Into 11.1s now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qyn
Race B today. Have done literally one race and it was bizarre. Started last after a dismal singular quali lap. Race went ok, worked my way through. Sometimes my Huracan just wouldn't accelerate at all, not sure what the issue is, has never happened before. I also as I crossed the finish line randomly gained a 3s penalty for colliding with another car, which I don't understand. I was brake checked by the Mustang in front of me in the final corner so I managed to brake and avoid it, but there was no contact and nobody behind touched me either, and everyone in front of me remained on course. Dumped me from 7th to 10th, and lost 9 SR and 300 DR. Confused doesn't even cover it.

Edit*
And there we have it. SR demoted from 99 > 74 across 2 races, for literally doing nothing, other than be bullied the whole race and not fight back (drive as cleanly as possible and do anything to avoid contact for fear of getting demoted). In addition to the mystery penalty on race 1, race 2 decided to penalise me for track limits whenever another driver pushed me off. Every sector in my second attmpt (this time in the AMG) was an SR down. I was getting divebombed on sharp bends and pushed off to the outside and getting SR down + 0.5s track limit penalty. I was being used as buffers in the braking zone and pushed wide by the car behind, rewarded with an SR down. I'm a B/S driver and almost all others were A/S... what even? Lost a further 200 DR for my trouble also.

Edit*
A third race, AMG again. Managed to work up from 8th to 3rd only because a group of 5 in front of me took each other out on lap 4. Still magically lost 4 SR from other drivers behind using me as buffers in the braking zone. Rigged system.

Last edited:
Looking at the final gear ratios for the Gr.4 cars, I'm seeing that there's at least one higher than the Huracan, (I can't remember which one) but I don't think it's a model that's getting used much. Is it because it can't accelerate as well, insofar that a final gear that approaches 4.000 but never goes past it is the best?

(Side note: maybe BoP could affect not only power/weight, but maybe other metrics like downforce and final gear ratios, too? And a group's post-BoP stats could be made as uniform as they can get, regardless of track?)

It would be nice to have more races with this guy -->
301446.jpg

I'd like to see a real pict of @Pigems finish.

_MG_6026.JPG

We seriously need a Point A to Point B race. Standing start up Pike's Peak, Mille Miglia, West Side Hwy from The Bronx to Canal Street. Something...

In Project Cars there is California Hwy 1. That'd be pretty special for Sport Mode. I think there is also Monaco(?) as a point to point.

yessssssssss !!! I've been day dreaming that it be fun to have a racing game where we could do a "Cannonball Run" type of race.

For the kids going "What's Cannonball Run?" -- the google machine is your friend in this instance.

Excited for new races. Sardegna B II gets an overall thumbs down from me. I liked it at first but its one of those tracks that doesnt feel like it was meant to go reverse.... Bring on RBR

I agree; though I got used to track B in reverse, I still didn't think it flowed correctly. And yes, Red Bull Ring, I'm really looking forward to this track and car combo. Looks like another week for the 911.

I thought Race C looks like fun so gave it a go on my second account. It's a bit of a penalty fiesta! Gr.4 on a narrow circuit leads to inevitable contact and we all know that the penalty system works on commission at this circuit.

First race wasn't dirty but penalties for everyone. I had 4 penalties through the race and lost 12 SR.
Second race I just concentrated on keeping away from walls and cars. No penalties but a few minor contacts were made. +1 SR.....

It is a fun combination for sure but I think Race B might be better for my sanity/SR.

btw spent a recent morning driving around in one of these. Bags of fun and utterly terrifying. Makes you feel like your driving an F1 car but obviously nothing like the speed (I don't know how fast I went, it didn't have a speedo). It has a 1000cc motorbike engine and needed the lightest touch on the throttle to go from idle to engine screaming. Highly recommended!

View attachment 849519

first off, that car looks like fun. Sadly, someone of my, not so slender build, may not fit in it :eek:

2nd, I fully expect the SR to tank this week for race C. But at least these cars don't have any crazy snap turn-ins like the past few cars that have been used at Tokyo.

With this penalty system?! I wouldn’t touch that lol

Yeah, I don't understand the obsession with the rain for Daily Races. Do we really want to put up with that for a week?

Daily C qualy 2:08.476 BB 5.

Qtime put me on P2 for the race.
Side by side with the P1 to T1, I was on the outside. He runs in to me just slightly, my car hits the wall. He gets 4sec penalty??? Nice. He messes few other turns and quits. At lap 2 P2 and 3 pass me before T1, so P3 for me. drove in line for reast of the lap2.
Now Lap 3 T1, undercut of the year, Im inside at T2 passing the P1 and 2. P2 hits me and 4 sec peanlty for me, yeah, nice again.
Served the penalty and dropped to P6, luckily thre was plenty of laps to go and managed to land P4 finish. Penalty system is still odddd....

Her's an actual clip of Pigems golfing. He came out for a visit, a while back. We mostly raced, but on one day, we hit the links. :lol:
AmbitiousKlutzyAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

I am gonna hate making next week's lap guides. :lol:
It'll be like a week off for you, the next time Northern Isle is in the lineup ("Hit the gas and keep turning left"). 👍

This is the best I can do for now, it’s from this spring. I may be getting out this weekend for a live round though. :)

Average Driver SS is 115-118, but I’ve seen spikes as high as 128mph(Titleist 910D2 @ 44” w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 70x)

Don’t know my average 7i speed, average distance is 175y though. Irons, 712CB or 710AP2 4i-PW, Dynamic Gold S300’s with 3/8 steps from PW to 3i, 3i is a 716 TMB though. Wedges are SM5 or SM2 51*, 55*, 59*, and sometimes an SM2 64*. All irons and wedges are also 1* Flat. :)

https://youtu.be/KHH0yqiXaPg

Last edited:
And Nurburgring.

If Race A was Bathurst I'd be suspicious that @Sven Jurgens broke into PD offices and took over. :lol:

If that were the case then it would be

A. N1000 at Sarthe 4 laps, sports tires in heavy rain, every 20 minutes.
B. GR.2 at Bathurst at night, 11 laps, every half hour.
C. GR.C at N24 5 laps hourly event in light rain and fog at sunset.

I just did another Tokyo race, suddenly I'm the only V8 Vantage, Huracan / Veyron two-make race... I'm enjoying the V8 for now, though it does get quite loose with max rear brake balance. Might try it at 3 for a bit.

Oh and it's pretty dirty compared to this morning. People have already figured out that the wall penalties are very lenient this week :/

No pit needed for race C? No strategy at all?

Nope, only strategy is avoiding penalties. Just got one for this...

Car behind first bumps me into the car in front of me, then sticks his nose between my rear bumper and the wall. 5 sec for me....

At least the broken placement of the penalty zone makes 5 seconds not hurt as much as usual.

I just saw the most kick ass high speed chase! :eek: This dude came ripping through the parking lot of the place where I work, with about 7 or 8 cops on his tail. He was in an old half-ton Silverado, and he was wheeling it like a champ. He was a shirtless meth head, but his technique was spot on. Didn't hit a single car on the lot, and even did a nice drift during the process.

In the end, he got boxed in and got ended up with a whole bunch of bumps an bruises that happened in between the time he was ripped out of his truck, and thrown in the back of the cop car. :ouch: Nobody saw how that happened, though. :lol:

It was awesome! 👍

Oh and um, something about race C.

Yup, boring as heck! Down to a 1:11.119 now but I might fall asleep if I do any more laps, even the front left tire falls asleep after a few laps and you have to reset. :lol:
I'm at .195, but I honestly can't be bothered to do anymore laps on it. There's nothing exciting about that track/car combo, and for it to have appeared at least 3 times this year is plain silly.

E- It'd make more sense if it was in a tiny track, like Northern Isle. At least that one will get people to focus down on consistent lap times.

I'm at .195, but I honestly can't be bothered to do anymore laps on it. There's nothing exciting about that track/car combo, and for it to have appeared at least 3 times this year is plain silly.

E- It'd make more sense if it was in a tiny track, like Northern Isle. At least that one will get people to focus down on consistent lap times.

I agree, the NASCAR (Fiat)500 could be fun! I moved on to Tokyo, down to a 2:08.7 right now in the Lambo. I might just go racing now, haven’t decided yet. @sturk0167 You racing tonight?

Great laps today man! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back