"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya love to see it. Please go away GT-R One Make lobbies. It's been incredibly apparent how much more aggressive drivers have gotten in Race B as the week has gone on. As they realize that there's fewer passing opportunities than desired when everyone's in the meta car they start to bump and shove and push instead to get to the front.

Here you can see a nice example with the battle for 5th place. Giving the other driver plenty of space for their lines, undercutting them to take back the place, then they go wide (I did too) through the last corner and bump my rear quarter which sends me spinning into the pits for a roll of shame. As if that wasn't enough it slapped me with a penalty for the other car hitting the right-hand wall.

Today's just been mentally exhausting. Came home from work and wanted to try and get my DR A rank back. Started at 28.5k and then spent the next 5 hours in lobbies like the above. Grabbing 30 DR here or losing 300 DR there. Got to 29,981 DR only to have the night end like this.

Think I need to hang my wheel up for awhile.

Last edited:
Today's St Croix adventure not going well at all. Down 4k DR points and SR went as low as 41. Crazy penalty /no penalty decisions mostly to blame for the SR loss, but the DR loss is all on me, driving like I passed my test yesterday. What is going on :banghead:

Wish I knew how to stream - its proper car crash TV here.

Edit: Also guys who punt you off on the last lap, steal your win, then apologise afterwards. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

8143154654234051104_23.jpg

El Duffo... for next Gr2 races

Gr. 2 at Seaside?!? :dunce: Oh, that will be fun just to be in the rear of the field just to see the wrecks in the chicane of death.

Nobody uses soft drink brand names, except you. :lol:

48882528141_8f31a800b9_o.jpg

48140820433_f734383edd_b.jpg

48226988442_32904037fd_b.jpg

48401436957_f3e8efded5_h.jpg

Guess I'll have to make one for my Gr. 2 car. :lol:

Terrific! I can't wait for the first person to go in way too hot, crash into the wall & not get ghosted, & the track get log jammed.

giphy.gif

Whoa, I wasn't expecting that. But, it is an accurate description.

I would have said "bonus points for knowing the song", but @Pigems spoiled it. :boggled:

Maybe it is a typo? :P

I had the same feeling to savor the win after my first 4 wins. But on the 5th, I went right back in & was able to win #6. You get used to the winning feeling & will just want more. :D

5981353223940767752_1.png

Use this.

Sorry, I have to share it :gtpflag::lol::lol:

Great job! :cheers: Must have felt awesome. Just a piece of advice from me: When you record gameplay footage and put it on YT, make sure to disable in-game music so you don't get flagged for copyright. ;)

Start on opposite ends on Blue moon and try to catch the other group?
I just got PTSD from mission 23 in GT4 :ill: :lol:

The suspension bridge that they copy pasted from grand valley is a joke for penalties. There's nowhere to go if the car in front makes a mistake because they just get tossed back on track in front of you.

Yup no where to go there but its all part and parcel of the game. One day you get a pen like that and other day you gain places.

Its like Monaco that turn, if you are too close and car ahead scrwes up you will be taken out as well.

So… hello again!

Since the Group 1 cars were up again this week and I got to spend a rare weekend at my parents’ house (where my rig is at the moment), I decided to jump straight into the TS050, cold turkey, and see what’s up.

As a preface, I never particularly liked Fuji as a track, but the Group 1 cars are definitely my strongest category, so I thought “why not.”

Did about 5 quali laps, which got me into the 1:24.1 region, before getting into a predominantly A/S race as 3rd, with at least one B/S competitor in the top half of the grid. Pole guy raced the 919, but otherwise it was pretty much Toyota heaven. I went out for my warm up on RM tyres, before I realised that most of the others were on RS, so I switched at the last second. didn’t really expect much in terms of race pace, not having done anything on GTS aside from the occasional mileage grind since June.

Started 3rd, seized 2nd coming out of T7, and got into the lead out of the final turn, still on the first lap, as the Porsche had already run out of boost. (I actually looked that up on the replay, because it was such a huge difference in speed.) I continued to edge away from the field, aided by what I assume was some spirited fighting behind me. Not having done any research beforehand, I thought the Softs might actually last until the end of the race, as wear was very low after 4 laps. Alas, on lap 6, people started to pit, including the Italian in 2nd. Still, I thought, I’m good on fuel, tyres are looking okay, still on for the no-stopper.

Until I realised a lap later that a stop only takes about 7s, and my tyres were definitely going off. But by then it was too late. Stopped after 8 laps, bolted some fresh RS rubber on, but came out just behind said Italian. Going off my own pattern of tyre wear, I suspected that they’d run into trouble against my fresher tyres around 2-3 laps from the end, so I resigned myself to keeping close and observe their lines. I noticed I was probably better in the last sector, and pretty much equal everywhere else.

At the end of lap 11, I made my move. The Italian hugged the inside of the final corner and ran wide at the exit, which allowed my to place my car on the outside of theirs going down the straight into T1. I played the classic outside-inside move and was into the lead by about half a car length racing, once again with me on the outside, towards T3. There was some light exchange of paint on the Italian’s part, put ultimately they backed out. It was a really nice, strategic battle, but from then on it was just about maintaining the gap and not doing anything crazy, as the Italian’s lap times were now noticeably dropping off in the final two laps, as I had suspected. I ultimately came across the line with a 3s lead and probably looking very pleased with myself.

Net result was almost 900 DR points and the clean race bonus, but unfortunately not the fastest lap.

Still, a really fun, clean, mistake-free race to come back to GT Sport.

Edit: Total race race time was 20:19.xxx, my own FL was a 1:25.5, although that was the final lap that I spent behind the Italian, so I probably could’ve gone a bit quicker in clean air. Overall fastest lap was a 1:24.9 by a German with a tow further down the field towards the end of the race.

Last edited:
I love the design of the 650S GT3 so maybe loving the car makes you faster? :D

What are you using btw?
Alternating between the AMG and the Porsche. Tried the Nissan and find it a boat. But actually drove the Mclaren F1 almost as fast as the Porsche, .2 slower, but having a hard time racing it.

Edit: I too love the design of the 650S so I tried it on St. Croix. I was miserably slow in it.

Have been giving Race B my attention this week.

Using the Nissan GT-R.

Main account: 2:09.303. Optimal is mid-2:08, so I think I’ll go back to improve my qually time.

Both Mistah_MCA and David Perel’s video guides help me take a half a second off my time from Wednesday night. Many thanks. Keep them coming!

Second account: 2:09.570 – just pumped in a couple of laps to set a 2:09 time.

I like this track. First time using it this week. The bumps in the road are just in the right places at corners to force you to think about what you’re doing.

Race 1

Used second account to see where my qually times are likely to fall at B/S rating.

Third on the grid. Pole below 2:09 and in the Peugeot VGT! Most drivers in the Nissan. All B/S rated.

Finished 2nd after the Peugeot spun out of the lead battling with the Nissan close behind on lap 2.
I finished with a glitchy Audi on my tail. Got a clean race bonus. Top 12 drivers had blue SR.

Fasted lap was 2:09.7.

To me the track in the race doesn’t feel any different to qualifying – which I like!

Race 2 – again in second account.

Third on grid. Same driver on pole as race 1. Again, mostly Nissans on the grid and all B/S rated.

Finished 3rd. Some close and clean racing on lap 1, but we spread about a bit on lap 2 until then end.
I finished 2.6 second off the lead. The Peugeot got the win!

Another clean race bonus.

Back to main account and the hunt of the sub 2:09.

A small tip for race B. If you are running a WRX and are right on the tail of another car coming into the esses before the bridge then please remember that most cars trailbrake or coast through these esses. They are not brake checking you. There is no need to first ram them off the track and then call them "Dirty AMG driving scum" in the after chat because you got a penalty and only gained two spots...

Got a bit frustrated in the Nissan chasing the sub 2:09. Down to 2:09.1xx with optimal at 2:08.3xx! Sometimes you gotta walk away!

Tried Race A as I like the Toyota. The track is trickier than it looks. Put down a 2:12.265, with a little help from @Mistah_MCA
That's within top 1000 in EMEA. Not bad for less than 20 laps.

Feels like the sort of track you've got to start in the top three or it'll be carnage!

Last edited:
The learning continues lol

It's amazing to me just how different of an approach you seem to need to take in the race cars compared to street cars....

Sigh.... almost a full second slower than my optimal. Very frustrating that i can't put it all together...

Have a nice friday my friends... :gtpflag::cheers:
And a full second quicker than my best...well done :)

Oh snap. I'm old to GTS and I didn't catch that. A one make GR.4 ???
Someone's already said it but...
Says "provided car" not "one make". Usually the four FF cars.
Also as someone else already said, it'd be nice if it was FR or 4WD instead :D

Horrid first race today, both my driving and other drivers. P5 > P11 :(. Already tired and frustrated so left it at that, will have another go tomorrow (if I don't commandeer the big TV to watch Bathurst).

Someone's already said it but...
Says "provided car" not "one make". Usually the four FF cars.
Also as someone else already said, it'd be nice if it was FR or 4WD instead :D

FF, I'm still out!

Back to the GT-R race. Tried the 911 and NSX so far this morning. 911 does well in traffic, NSX not so much. Just like the ferrari it gets squirrely when having to adjust for an apex braker. Jaguar next. Got to drive them all again to push the GT-R back to last in the sort order :) I drove it once to have driven all cars on that track. Once was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back