"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this for next week's Daily Race C? De-tune the MX-5. Might be the "SF-R" in N100.

EGtu_TQVAAAa6GL

Hopefully we'll see diverse grids. might even race "The Bus".
7277821398161063960_0.jpg

Thank you, I learned a lot!

Thanks for coming man, glad you had fun and got to learn something! :cheers:

So 20 cars in a grid start, that all have the same power? Geeez :scared:
Not sure I've ever seen x20 tire wear before.
Better qualify well.
Although, I might like to try a few no-quali races, just for kicks. 👍

It’s gonna be an interesting race, that’s for sure. I wonder if lapped traffic while still be ghosted like it usually is?

Last edited:
Sorry man, I was just as excited as you for a mixed N100 race, so I went to check. That race would have been pretty cool with a mixed grid. :)

When was the last Daily race to feature a true Open N Class field?
I can't remember. All I do remember is tuning for the N100 Mini race. That was cool. I think it was only the old "Daily Race" for one day. Maybe someone else remembers that.

Can anyone offer an explanation as to why I can only get the white bar for the brake pressure indicator to only go about 3/4 of the way white and not full white? Does it have anything to do with ABS.

It’s same for both DS4 and CSL Elite. Only about 75% of bar goes white even when I push the brake fully.

FC9E761B-97C3-420E-B939-DC9000E7C39B.jpeg

Can anyone offer an explanation as to why I can only get the white bar for the brake pressure indicator to only go about 3/4 of the way white and not full white? Does it have anything to do with ABS.

It’s same for both DS4 and CSL Elite. Only about 75% of bar goes white even when I push the brake fully.

View attachment 857222

The red part is how much brake ABS is holding back on you to stop you from locking up the brakes, you’re holding down more brake than you can use at that point. The same as when you have TCS on and your throttle won’t go to full either, the red is the car restricting your throttle to reduce wheel spin.

Yeah, that's the ABS. Notice how the ABS indicator is red? Going down a straightaway, it's white because it's not being triggered. Check your settings. You have the option for strong, weak or no ABS. When I started playing, I had left them on default (strong). I moved it to weak & get occasional brake lock-up. It is another component to help with the handling of the car also.

Done racing for the night, so sick of this penalty system
PHJeQDj.gif

The game continually rewards out of control drivers.

Of the cars I tried today, Audi was the nicest to drive on race B.
1MKdyeC.jpg

And the M3 was a surprise hit from the back
pi3QXYx.jpg

A longer clean streak seems impossible from the back, wide tracks always invites excessive dive behavior. It's like people are playing a game of tag at the apex then fall way back again at corner exit.

Saturday chaos. One penalty like the one above is -5 SR for the race. Luckily the BS penalties only happen in 1 of every 3 races so still sticking to 99 SR in between. DR is still suffering, down to 14.7K. 2 good races don't make up for one BS penalty putting you back behind.

Mixed bag today, one clean race, one shocker and one surprise.
The surprise was last, started P8. Got bumped at the end of the bridge on L1 sending me to P12. By mid lap two gained four back, then got a 3 second penalty in the short straight after slow right hander at the end of the long back straights for being last of 3 bumpers before the pinball left the track, losing me five at the penalty zone. By lap three was in P11. Braking for the final turn, car in front runs wide giving me P10 and of the four cars in front of him, two pick up penalties and one is bounced into the pit entry wall leaving me across the line P9 but P7 on the results table (courtesy of the penalties).
Net result for the day, DR+120, SR+1 and I had more fun than frustration.

Edit: The Gr.2 RC-F is my favourite car :D. Just ran the campaign "All Japan GT" at DTS in the Professional category to refresh my memory of the circuit (and earn back some of the credits I spent to get the RC-F on my alt acct) and I love that car and I really like the bus stop :cheers:. I'm by no means fast in it (or any car, DR has pretty much levelled out at 12.5K) but I really enjoy that combination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back