"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's rough today at race B. I don't think I've had a single race where I have not received at least one significant bump. Thanks to a BS penalty and the multitude of SR Downs from bumper tappers I finally dropped low enough to find out what a contact free clean race bonus is worth at St. Bidet. A generous 8 SR, not bad for a 3 lap race B. PD must have upped the SR gain for sectors. At 15 sectors total that's 0.53 SR per sector, while it's been down close to 0.3 per sector in the past, yet mostly around 0.4 per sector. Race B is usually also only worth 5 SR. Perhaps SR.S was getting too low on player count :lol:

One more and then time to do something else. I can only take so many dive bombing GT-Rs.

Down to 15.8K DR as well, there's only one way to go from the back at a 3 lap race B, down.

Yep next race bumped again, one race without bumps, better than none I guess. Back to 16K DR!

Last edited:
Satisfying moment for me: GT-R ahead does everything he can to stop me from gaining 10th place (seriously...?) on the final straight. Swerve blocks and pushes me into the wall. Leaderboard at the end displays him with a one second penalty and he ends up finishing 12th instead. He instantly leaves the lobby. Nice to know the penalty system does have your back.

Odds are the Motul GTR will be the Meta, if not it will be the NSX, the older cars can’t usually keep up. :)

Motul GT-R is usually always meta in Gr.2. BoP for older Gr.2s was buffed recently although you're right, they're still no match for newer Gr.2s. That doesn't stop me from using them of course. :P

Personal favourite is the Lexus RCF '16. It's smoother and more fun to drive for me. It's also not a GT-R.

So, I am a total novice in group 2. Never raced in one. What is the best one to drive for a beginner? And any tips on how to handle the downforce?

The NSX is usually faster during a hotlap. GTR is smoother, so usually the meta for the race. The RCF is halfway between the two for me, and is my go to car for Gr.2 races.

I am partial to running the old SC430 from the back of the grid in longer races, too. Mostly because I made a very nice Wedssport livery for it . .

Regarding downforce, just learn to trust it. You can throw the new Gr.2 cars around like you wouldn't believe. You just need to be careful on the throttle out of lower speed corners.

Ya love to see it. Please go away all One Make lobbies.

Fixed.

So, I suppose that since next week's race A says Specially Provided Gr.4 Car, but doesn't say One-Make, there's a 99% chance that it's the usual selection of front-wheel drive cars. I don't think they've ever done anything else in that scenario. I hope I'm wrong. :indiff:

48886066568_d9ceb5803e_o.jpg

Wish I knew how to stream - its proper car crash TV here.

Just save the clip to you PS4 hard drive. I do that most of the time, transfer to a thumb drive, then post it from a computer. Might be a few steps, but that's how I do videos.

Just a piece of advice from me: When you record gameplay footage and put it on YT, make sure to disable in-game music so you don't get flagged for copyright.

That advice goes for practically every game clip. I got flagged on my first Wreckfest video. I always turn the GT music off early because I don't like PD's choice in music. :D

Even then you still have to deal with copyright claims from various companies. La Sarthe was a nightmare for that. Every video attracted an automated copyright claim from Duke Video!

Whew! I have nothing to fear. I never do dailies at La Sarthe. However, I would be out there if they threw Gr. 2 or 3 into the dailies there.

So, I am a total novice in group 2. Never raced in one. What is the best one to drive for a beginner? And any tips on how to handle the downforce?

I personally feel like the downforce makes the car turn quicker, so you may need some time to get used to the reflexes of the cars. But when you get used to them, oh baby! They are fun.

The NSX is usually faster during a hotlap. GTR is smoother, so usually the meta for the race.

If it makes you feel better, I can make the GT-R look like hot garbage when I'm behind the wheel. 👍

I’m going to get into Sport Mode sooner than later.

I was determined to get Gold in all Mission Challenges and Circuit Experiences first, but I just came to the realization that some of these missions force you to drive too aggressively to win.

For example, stage 5-2 has you going from 16th to 1st in half a lap against slower cars. There’s no way you can beat this without being stupidly aggressive. Granted, that doesn’t mean you can’t win and still play contact-free (I just did).

Plus, there are no contact penalties so why wouldn’t the average beginner (who doesn’t know about etiquette/racecraft yet) avoid dive-bombing into corners using other cars as brakes?

I’ll still do them eventually (they give good cars) but it’s no longer a pre-requisite for me. I’ll just focus on Circuit Experience until next week where I’ll be more comfortable with Gr.4 cars.

Last edited:
Kind of off topic but I’ve been looking at cars today at a garage I got my f-type from a few years back.. this place is outrageous and to see a few of the cars in the flesh that we race on a sim was awesome. They told me they recently sold a La Ferrari for £2m :crazy:
One of the sales guys came over and asked if I saw anything I liked... I said ‘oh yes, I’m just trying to decide what to race at St Croix this week’ :cheers:

4F5E9394-15C4-463C-A886-B39FCF7223FF.jpeg

I’m going to get into Sport Mode sooner than later.

I was determined to get Gold in all Mission Challenges and Circuit Experiences first, but I just came to the realization that some of these missions force you to drive too aggressively to win.

For example, stage 5-2 has you going from 16th to 1st in half a lap against slower cars. There’s no way you can beat this without being stupidly aggressive. Granted, that doesn’t mean you can’t win and still play contact-free (I just did).

Plus, there are no contact penalties so why wouldn’t the average beginner (who doesn’t know about etiquette/racecraft yet) avoid dive-bombing into corners using other cars as brakes?

I’ll still do them eventually (they give good cars) but it’s no longer a pre-requisite for me. I’ll just focus on Circuit Experience until next week where I’ll be more comfortable with Gr.4 cars.

It’s a common observation that the mission challenges and also racing AI in custom mode do the opposite of teaching good behavior to newcomers. I do recommend Gold Circuit Experience though.

Kind of off topic but I’ve been looking at cars today at a garage I got my f-type from a few years back.. this place is outrageous and to see a few of the cars in the flesh that we race on a sim was awesome. They told me they recently sold a La Ferrari for £2m :crazy:
One of the sales guys came over and asked if I saw anything I liked... I said ‘oh yes, I’m just trying to decide what to race at St Croix this week’ :cheers:

View attachment 857147

Did the salesman have any GT-Rs to offer?:sly:

If you are in the market try flying down here for a nice Jag SUV. Dealer down the street keeps referring to it as a cement shoe he shouldnt have gotten as no one in our small town wants it. Since we are miles from anywhere I can see why it wont be going anywhere soon.

I am not sure about the dailt races next week, most likely Race B for me but was thinking what others we need to try, using what is in the game.
Seriously, sambabus on something shortish.
Trucks on suzuka short.
Something twitchy but still slowish on northern isle.
Karts at tokyo central! Seriously, how could that be worse than the rain we did?
Gr X at BB Raceway.

I've only ever raced in the NSX but was in a lobby for a short while last night that was running DT GR2 in preparation for next week. Other guys who were in the Nissan commented on how tail happy the NSX is (which is why they avoid it), and I can confirm it was a right handful coming out of the slower 2nd/3rd gear corners - I was always having to correct it - but I love the NSX which is why I race it! As for downforce, fast corners are your friend. For example last night, the Death Chicane could be taken flat out quite easily and the first left of the Esses just needs a lift before the corner and maybe a dab of the brake, but once you're on the line it's flat through the rest

*As it was in a lobby the driving characteristics in the daily race might be slightly different

I've only ever raced in the NSX but was in a lobby for a short while last night that was running DT GR2 in preparation for next week. Other guys who were in the Nissan commented on how tail happy the NSX is (which is why they avoid it), and I can confirm it was a right handful coming out of the slower 2nd/3rd gear corners - I was always having to correct it - but I love the NSX which is why I race it! As for downforce, fast corners are your friend. For example last night, the Death Chicane could be taken flat out quite easily and the first left of the Esses just needs a lift before the corner and maybe a dab of the brake, but once you're on the line it's flat through the rest

*As it was in a lobby the driving characteristics in the daily race might be slightly different
I agree on the NSX being a handful. Always had a bit of issues with it since GT1 so avoided it here. Only own 1 GR 2 car anyway so the choice is made for me. I am too cheap to buy another

View attachment 857147

Suddenly, I don't feel too bad about watching you spin out at Fuji, last night :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back