"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would have been a scary sight if it hadn’t happened in the Saturday Night Lobby, we made it thru no problems though. :)

938B9D0E-6480-47CC-B5EB-2FFA0235A4C0.jpeg

9F75950C-720D-44A6-A03E-0678F497349B.png

After a terrible nation's race and spending today trying to reclaim my s rank SR I do wonder about some people calling out others in non S SR lobbies.

Reactions: Qyn
In the gt companion android app there is no DR movements from some weeks ago although I've participated in daily races. I don't know if something is wrong with the system or the app
It's the app. Kudos prime updates after every race, so the game still gives the info.
Also, on the status side in the companion app it still works, it's just the history tab that's out of order.

Second week in a row where my lap times have decreased steadily as the week goes on. Setting decent quali times early on, but then never able to match or beat it later on.

Any tips from y'all more experienced drivers on ways to keep the pace up throughout the week?

It’s still open. ;)

Too late! I was heading to bed when you lot across the sea were warming up. Paint is dry now though.

7277847861551727649_23.jpg

Second week in a row where my lap times have decreased steadily as the week goes on. Setting decent quali times early on, but then never able to match or beat it later on.

Any tips from y'all more experienced drivers on ways to keep the pace up throughout the week?

Can’t help but can empathize. Not enough time for me set proper times and have a decent run of races to get a rhythm I suppose. That early retirement plan where I stop working and race GT full time just ain’t working out.

Out of interest, this vid shows me putting a move on the inside of last turn of Croix. I knew it was pushy at the time, more aggressive than my usual & because of events that preceded and how annoyed the other driver was after I thought perhaps the heat of the race had caused me to pull a bad overtake. After watching the replay I wasn’t so sure. I got a good exit, Drew alongside, and kept tight to my side. The other driver took the correct line to be taken if there was no car on the inside but considering where I was, is he just as guilty of turning in as I am of going inside? Not sure what mode he uses but if he had mirrors he could see me making the move. At 1 Min his overhead cam shows him turn in regardless of my position, but I also should have been further to the inside to allow him a turn. So, 50/50 or did I divebomb?

It's the app. Kudos prime updates after every race, so the game still gives the info.
Also, on the status side in the companion app it still works, it's just the history tab that's out of order.

In my case it shows always an empty progress bar and the legend
"D 1/3,999"
(in the profile tab)
No matter the classifications and opponents in daily races.

I got to love it when I have clean races almost the entire week then Sunday hits and everything is flipped over (┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻. 3 unfortunate incidents later (2 entirely my fault, the other not), I'm down to SR A.

On a more positive note, I can say without hesitation Croix has been my favorite race in a long time.

6BK
So, 50/50 or did I divebomb?
Based on the footage I'd say it's more 75/25 there. You definitely made the aggressive move into the corner, and you could've held the brakes a bit longer to take a tighter line. The other driver left the door wide open though and then took the normal racing line as if there was no car contesting the corner.

Looking at it objectively I think the 2s was justified since you could've turned tighter or braked more to avoid his wreckless line while conceding the corner. But definitely not entirely your fault IMO.

Based on the footage I'd say it's more 75/25 there. You definitely made the aggressive move into the corner, and you could've held the brakes a bit longer to take a tighter line. The other driver left the door wide open though and then took the normal racing line as if there was no car contesting the corner.

Looking at it objectively I think the 2s was justified since you could've turned tighter or braked more to avoid his wreckless line while conceding the corner. But definitely not entirely your fault IMO.

Yeh thanks, I felt I was too far onto the track and pointing into his door when he turned. If I’d been further right and turning harder his move would have caused more “side to side” than “nose to side” impact. Not 100% me but I am the more guilty party.

Yeah, I agree with this. @6BK Your line into the corner (1:21) definitely is on a course to miss the apex by quite a bit, you could have done a lot more to take that turn tighter. The other car's line into the corner (1:00) is leaving less than a car width at the apex but he wasn't on a course to use the kerbs. The other car could have slowed down to undercut you, leaving more space would have send him into the wall anyway. It looked doubtful whether you were going to make it without extra braking on corner exit.

As for the rules, establish overlap before turn in, beating the other car to the apex, yep that's a check. Hence rules don't work that well without looking at the whole picture.

Yeah, I agree with this. @6BK Your line into the corner (1:21) definitely is on a course to miss the apex by quite a bit, you could have done a lot more to take that turn tighter. The other car's line into the corner (1:00) is leaving less than a car width at the apex but he wasn't on a course to use the kerbs. The other car could have slowed down to undercut you, leaving more space would have send him into the wall anyway. It looked doubtful whether you were going to make it without extra braking on corner exit.

As for the rules, establish overlap before turn in, beating the other car to the apex, yep that's a check. Hence rules don't work that well without looking at the whole picture.

Cheers! With regards to extra braking on the corner that was my intent. I was full on brakes and getting ready to turn in tighter but he was already in on me. It was my fault though.

The back story to this was that I started 4th, got to 3rd by the bridge on L1 but was punted into the wall on exit. That put me in 12th. The rest of the race was a hard fought battle to get back to at least my start place by the end. I reckon the red mist and heat of the near 3 laps playing catch up caused me to make an uncharacteristically agressive move.

6BK

Out of interest, this vid shows me putting a move on the inside of last turn of Croix. I knew it was pushy at the time, more aggressive than my usual & because of events that preceded and how annoyed the other driver was after I thought perhaps the heat of the race had caused me to pull a bad overtake. After watching the replay I wasn’t so sure. I got a good exit, Drew alongside, and kept tight to my side. The other driver took the correct line to be taken if there was no car on the inside but considering where I was, is he just as guilty of turning in as I am of going inside? Not sure what mode he uses but if he had mirrors he could see me making the move. At 1 Min his overhead cam shows him turn in regardless of my position, but I also should have been further to the inside to allow him a turn. So, 50/50 or did I divebomb?

If I was him, this would be my Exhibit A m'lud (except he'd probably clear up that 'play' button!)

Screenshot_20191013-213650_Chrome.jpg

You've just overshot the corner with a combination of red mist, eagerness and a great run on him out of the previous turn. But, you could fit another car up the inside there without it being anywhere near the kerb and that's the kind of position you needed to be in. You're still full on the brakes and got near full lock to the right so you're trying to slow down and make the apex but you're not in control of where the car is going, while he's off the brakes and pointing towards the next straight. Just comes down to - as Brundle says regularly on the F1 - being a day late and a dollar short. If you had the car under control, and you were pointing roughly the same direction as him then that's where you've nailed your final corner move. As it is... it was a bit of a lunge, sir! Can't put much blame on him for it.

In saying all that, there's a big difference between dive bombing and a misjudgment. Dive bombing is deliberate (in my opinion), everyone makes a misjudgment from time to time. Many people appeared to misjudge their braking against me at Fuji this week going into the chicane...:irked:

I got some good news after last night's racing. I finally earned enough points to up my SR to B again. I guess I'll have to race good drivers this week. :lol:

6BK
I knew it was pushy at the time, more aggressive than my usual & because of events that preceded and how annoyed the other driver was after I thought perhaps the heat of the race had caused me to pull a bad overtake.

If I was in the same position with the same run on the driver ahead, I would have taken the shot also. The other driver is responsible for situational awareness. If he had his map or radar on or looked at the times in the corner, he should have known that you were in range. I understand that we all get worked up during the race, but it's still just a game. None of us who are in FIA competitions would be back in the pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh hey, I just got my new EMEA account to A/S yesterday in under 30 races!

I gotta say, I've had some great races so far posing as a Brit and have made a few friends along the way. Almost everybody has been squeaky clean around me, which is more than I can say for my own region. But I know dirty players exist everywhere, I've just been pretty lucky.

I did run a few no-qualy races at St. Croix but for all others I posted a time before racing. I think I'll get my DR up a little more then start doing no-qualy again. Or maybe I'll try for A+? Hehe, that might be a bit too optimistic for that region but we'll see.

Here's my stats: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=9978652

I tried attempting one daily race this week despite my rankings reset after my last disastrous experience a week or two ago at Autopolis.

5908816170161538572_0.jpg

I chose Race B and went with my new Huracan GT3 that I had made a fresh livery for last month. Of course I was the only person in the race with a custom livery.

Yeah, well I forgot the Huracan is an absolute pig to drive on racing hard tires. I started third due to my qualification time in the McLaren F1 GTR which was much faster than any lap I put down in the Lamborghini during the race.

Probably could have won the race if I went with the GT-R but I was sliding around through half the corners at Saint Crocs. The Viper behind me the whole race pulled a moronic diving move on one of the final corners and binned the whole race for himself which allowed me to keep position. In the end, I managed a second place finish with the Huracan.

Down to 84 SR on race B, too many Sunday drivers around. The game should punish bouncing off walls much harder, it seems there are no wall penalties at all this week and it makes the races very dangerous. At least ghost wall bangers instead of taking out half the traffic and saddling up some innocent bystander with a penalty.

Also this new, if you don't leave the road within one second after getting punted, you get SR Down is way too short. Nvm it still can't detect getting spun out but not leaving the road after getting hit.

Next week on DT Seaside it will all be better :cool: :indiff:

I went through all the cars again at race B, GT-R stored at the bottom of the pile again, no second try for you. Back to the Audi, seemed to be the best compromise between speed and avoidance. Let's see if I can avoid the wall bangers with this.

Nope, got dive bombed again and receive SR Down. The track is too wide I guess.

Last edited:
If I was in the same position with the same run on the driver ahead, I would have taken the shot also. The other driver is responsible for situational awareness. If he had his map or radar on or looked at the times in the corner, he should have known that you were in range. I understand that we all get worked up during the race, but it's still just a game. None of us who are in FIA competitions would be back in the pack.
@sbk, I'd be inclined to be a bit more generous and call it a racing incident (but then, my SR isn't always squeaky clean so perhaps I'm not the best to take advice from). I agree with nostopn about situational awareness. If I were the other guy, I'd have checked my mirrors and covered the inside line. You had a run and he should know to defend that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back