"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

  • Thread starter Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,452 comments
  • 1,644,593 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
One make - 2009 Mercedes SLR on S/H tyres

And a grid start

:D

We did a 2500hp Tomahawk race on CH tires once. It was epic! :D

Want to get some qualy times for all races tonight so in my first half hour slot I set about improving my Le Mans time in the Audi and am really pleased with what I've managed to get, almost into the 3:20s with an optimum of 20.4.

But decided to have a look at how someone who appeared near the top when Spa debuted managed to get high up in EMEA again. Watching the lap he's slower than me pretty much all the way around until...



This counts??!!


He’s using the same trick they did at GoodWood, he cuts the corners and then doesn’t come back onto the track before the finish line, the game won’t give out the penalty until he returns to the track, but he’s finished the lap before doing so, therefore he doesn’t get a penalty for it.
 
I'm with @doblocruiser on the Peugeot, tried it last round as it was the only gr1 I had at the time. Could do a solid 4.5 laps but I wasn't good enough at saving to make it 5 laps at speed. It is possible. Faster on the straights and still pretty nice to drive though.

The Peugeot is really quick but the fuel and tyre wear hurts it.

It's become a slipstream event. You really need to stay with those infront of your just end up in no man's land.

I just had a new PB of picking up a penalty before the start line. Had to drive over the chicane to miss an erratic Porsche.
 
But decided to have a look at how someone who appeared near the top when Spa debuted managed to get high up in EMEA again. Watching the lap he's slower than me pretty much all the way around until...

Nah, that's completely the wrong line. The correct line to be taking involves doing a lap first, then coming through you should be hitting the start/finish line doing 350kph........it's more or less a strait line from Ford to the start/finish line... you bypass Raccordement... who needs that there anyway? :lol:
 
We did a 2500hp Tomahawk race on CH tires once. It was epic! :D



He’s using the same trick they did at GoodWood, he cuts the corners and then doesn’t come back onto the track before the finish line, the game won’t give out the penalty until he returns to the track, but he’s finished the lap before doing so, therefore he doesn’t get a penalty for it.

i accidentally did that on Gr.4 at RBR and beat a slow time i set. I then beat that time pretty easily though on the next couple laps not going wide. I'm not sure going wide on the last 2 turn at RBR would grant much advantage at high ranks because of the low grip run off but i definitely did it and got my penalty after the line. We really need a fix for this next lap penalty stuff because it seems to be happening more often.
 
Last edited:
I think the Sauber Mercedes handles better than the Mazda. It will probably also need a fuel stop.
I haven't had a chance to try it yet, though. Have you?

I just dressed up the Jag, taking that one out for a few rounds first. My Sauber still needs clothes. #blame @Invisigoth before I can drive it again.
 
Last edited:
The Peugeot is really quick but the fuel and tyre wear hurts it.

It's become a slipstream event. You really need to stay with those infront of your just end up in no man's land.

I just had a new PB of picking up a penalty before the start line. Had to drive over the chicane to miss an erratic Porsche.
When you're in a gas powered car and hoping to make it through the chicanes, to the starting line cleanly, only to see that there's a low DR driver starting behind you in a hybrid..............
 
would love to see a daily with the group c cars missing a couple however. One I do not miss is the minolta !!!!!

What's wrong with the Minolta? I loved driving that one around the Nordschleife in GT5 :) GR.C on N24, why can't we have that!

The Jag is still the worst on brakes, worse on fuel as well than the Mazda. First to 8th were all TS050s, 9th an Alpine VGT who passed me when I went into the sand at Indianapolis, got to brake even earlier in lap 5 since tire wear is also worse in the Jag. Try again.
 
When you're in a gas powered car and hoping to make it through the chicanes, to the starting line cleanly, only to see that there's a low DR driver starting behind you in a hybrid..............

Yeah, sketchy matchmaking combined with me learning a new car was not a good start. Love seeing the field and I have a D/B driver behind in the Toyota, and further back a B/B driver in the lm55. I might have kept clear had I not run off at mulsanne lap 1. From there it went backwards a bit. But the Porsche is good. Liking a car that will actually turn at less than 100mph
 
Guys, I'm trying to learn and enjoy the red bull ring this week for race B and I'm struggling.

Can someone please give me some pointers regarding a decent car and brake balance combo that won't make every braking zone and subsequent turn-in feel like I'm driving on ice?

I don't need the best of the best, I'd just really like to be able to enjoy the track and lap consistently.
It's supposed to feel like that, every turn changes camber or elevation
 
I just dressed up the Jag, taking that one out for a few rounds first. My Sauber still needs clothes. #blame @Invisigoth before I can drive it again.

<looks at sven>.....I'm sure its @sturk0167 's fault :O.

The Jag is still the worst on brakes, worse on fuel as well than the Mazda. First to 8th were all TS050s, 9th an Alpine VGT who passed me when I went into the sand at Indianapolis, got to brake even earlier in lap 5 since tire wear is also worse in the Jag. Try again.

I guess that's the difference between a good driver and me. I didn't have any real struggle to no stop the Jag, and I had less tyre wear than with the RC92CP.
 
Spot on.

I keep trying to force myself to learn more tracks but I just can't do it.

More than 2 years into the game and I only genuinely enjoy racing on 4 or 5 of the tracks.

I’m the same way. I drive the tracks I enjoy. Red Bull Ring has never been enjoyable to me at all. My take is it lacks soul. It’s soulless.


@sturk0167 same thing happened to me a while back when I saw the letters lol google!
 
I did 3 races in the Jag, last one was sort of ok, I made it to the finish!
EvWo6tQ.jpg

CRB is out of the question with all the bumping from behind.

This is the Jaguar experience on Sarthe summed up in 35 seconds (from the race before)

Nor recommended, avoid.
 
Had 2 more goes at Race B, and a change of fortune! :)

2 lights to flag victories!! The key to this race is to get out of turn 1 in the lead, and then a la Jeremy Clarkson, "run for the border!"

76930478_2392797724363700_269294363559854080_n.jpg


77348503_2509666525985962_8488070195510771712_n.jpg


It felt good tonight, I was going like a Hamster on super charged Duracells! :D

And great consistency in the 2 races.......

Race 1:

71515170_576928653056460_4127013128170897408_n.jpg


Race 2:

73528683_476127203017009_4553766554784759808_n.jpg


A decent evening for once! :)
 
Love seeing the field and I have a D/B driver behind in the Toyota, and further back a B/B driver in the lm55.

Since falling to low SR A, I've had way more diverse grids. A lot more fun than clinical SR 99 TS050 lobbies I was in before. Matchmaking also seems better. Kind of ridiculous dropping SR improves the experience at least from that perspective.

a low DR driver starting behind you in a hybrid..............

Luckily, it hasn't happened to me since I haven't qualified. I've raced behind DR Ds and credit to them, they're usually racing something other than the TS050/meta. I like them.
 
Just had a good race, couple of pesky track limit penalties but I earned them both. No stopped the 962 but had a good race with someone in the 919. Seems wrong when I can race with them then beat them by 8 seconds because the fuel saving hybrid has to pit for gas while my old school guzzler just rocks on.

Matchmaking still all over the show here at midday, last race had 18 drivers, S/S down to E/D. Even a C/D starting 2 spots back. Likely a reset but crazy mixed rooms. Loving the 962. Finally figuring out the chicanes in it and really improving my races.:gtpflag::cheers:
 
Probably going to be a week of hot lapping. But, new PB at la Sarthe. 3:23.950 in the TS050.

Beats my best time from last time by over half a second.
I just hit my PB at 3:27.7! 2 secs better than last time. Feels good. It's such a demanding track, my hands are white-knuclked on the wheel when I'm hotlapping.

Edit: also in the TS050. I tried the R18 all the aliens used, but it's not as fast for me. I feel like it has more swing while the Toyota is rock-solid. I'm kind of a brand junkie too, my last 4 cars all being Toyotas. 👍
 
Use the Viper with BB -3. Very stable car to drive.

I was running on the DS4 at -1. The Gr. 3 Viper tends to swing the rear under some braking situations more than the Gr. 4 Viper.

Looks like Laguna Seca is coming Thursday, which would make it a reasonable candidate for a daily race next week.

Not sure what the best combo would be (Gr.4 possibly?), but I might come out of my cave for some races if it looks good. Just praying it's not Race C.

I'm liable to walk into whatever blasphemous combo that Laguna Seca gets saddled with. And I too expect LS to show up in dailies for next week.

I can see what's going to happen, T1, strait into the sandpit :crazy:. I struggled for months with that corner on GT3 :scared:.

If you watched the GT Sport video w/ Super GT as the instructor, you should be able to save yourself a trip to the Sand Realm.

Or, hitting it backwards up the hill in a super fast car with no downforce. :D

I smell a Friday night bonus race. :D

When you're in a gas powered car and hoping to make it through the chicanes, to the starting line cleanly, only to see that there's a low DR driver starting behind you in a hybrid..............


That clip seems to be popular on this forum. :D

Had 2 more goes at Race B. The key to this race is to get out of turn 1 in the lead, and then a la Jeremy Clarkson, "run for the border!"

I second this strategy.

48738465347_cfb7c26c74_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back