"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much time is lost while pitting in Race C?
Also is a no stopper possible?
I'll have to check when I get home. I did one race where I was 3rd place with about 5 second gap to 4th. Pitted for fuel only and came out 15th.

Again I have to check. Might have been 17 seconds total, with fuel being around 6 seconds. Don't quote me on that.

I didn't race at Sardegna this week but I did at least load it up and match my K' target time (in three different cars, none of them French ;) ) to complete the trifecta for this week.

Ran a quick practice run at NurbGP and next week's race will almost definitely be a 1 stop, running full speed you'll run out of fuel on lap 7, seems like a long way to stretch it.

I know it’s not a daily race...and this isn’t his main account for FIA...but I’ll probably never be this close again, and I wanted to share:

915BF945-F377-4FA9-B414-ADF7C8FA3B88.jpeg

One attempt, one win.

After a disappointing night of FIA races I decided to run one Race B before bed, my only attempt of the week. Put up a 1:25.4 while waiting for the race timer, good enough for a P4 start.

Several R4M guys present, but they ended up being squeaky clean. Had to defend early from the Mustang behind me since I was in the Trophy. Two guys ahead of me collected each other early, then I capitalized on the pole-sitter’s mistakes.

Once I took the lead with an outside pass around T1, it was defense-city almost every turn. I really love clean, tight, respectful racing like this. Enjoy!

Clio V6 for Race A.

So far, a Cayman is on top Oceania, with a 2:05.360. Early days.

Edit: 458 with a 2:04.755.

I just did a 2:03.833(2:03.769 Optimum) in Time Trial. There's more in that. We'll see how my first race goes with no qualy.

Edit2:

No stop, BUT... I was racing with lower ranked players.
EQZb621U8AAKO74.jpeg
EQZcAOIU4AAgkSW.jpeg
EQZb3S1UYAEaY4s.jpeg
EQZcEidUwAERe6o.jpeg

I had to get aggressive with fuel saving. Short shifting wasn't going to take me to the end. After passing a few penalty servers, I tuned to Fuel 5 and was still pulling away from cars behind.

That 86 that finished behind me, pitted end of Lap 8 with 0laps left. I passed it as it was exiting pit lane. I had 1.5Laps of fuel left. Once I passed the penalty zone, I switched to Fuel 2 and floored it. At the back straight, I switched to Fuel 1 and floored it as well.

Might just be best to qualy and go flat out. Hope to not get punted in T1.

Edit3: Proper A/S room. Flat out no conserving. Pitted end of Lap 6 with 0.5Laps left. Other than the Slophys, the 458 Was probably conserving. It went one more lap and had 16% at pit stop. I think the Atenza got knocked off or was conserving heavily.
EQZkVB_VAAAdibr.jpeg

EQZpnO5UEAAdphk.jpeg

Last edited:
I‘ve got a week off since my car is in regular check, mandatory 2-yearly technical certification and I‘m also getting a new windshield. Enough time for the dailies.

I tried one race B with the Ford-GT and no Qualification. Started 16th, Race was okay with not too much bumping going on. The game gave me door number 4 but I just advanced to 10th.

Then two C‘s with no Qualification, one with the M4, one with the Cayman. Races were generally more dirty. I started both in 14th. With the M4 I advanced to 11th (2s penalty included, had door number 7), with the Cayman I finished in 4th (door number 1:odd:).

Unsurprisingly the Cayman is smoother to drive, has adequate speed while still being quite economic on fuel and tires.

There was again an army of Mégane Trophy‘s but this car definitely loses all its magic once it consumes fuel and rubber.:mischievous:

Seems it‘s going to be a fun week. :)

Clio V6 for Race A.

So far, a Cayman is on top Oceania, with a 2:05.360. Early days.

Edit: 458 with a 2:04.755.

I just did a 2:03.833(2:03.769 Optimum) in Time Trial. There's more in that. We'll see how my first race goes with no qualy.

Edit2:

No stop, BUT... I was racing with lower ranked players.
View attachment 889491 View attachment 889492 View attachment 889493 View attachment 889494

I had to get aggressive with fuel saving. Short shifting wasn't going to take me to the end. After passing a few penalty servers, I tuned to Fuel 5 and was still pulling away from cars behind.

That 86 that finished behind me, pitted end of Lap 8 with 0laps left. I passed it as it was exiting pit lane. I had 1.5Laps of fuel left. Once I passed the penalty zone, I switched to Fuel 2 and floored it. At the back straight, I switched to Fuel 1 and floored it as well.

Might just be best to qualy and go flat out. Hope to not get punted in T1.

Edit3: Proper A/S room. Flat out no conserving. Pitted end of Lap 6 with 0.5Laps left. Other than the Slophys, the 458 Was probably conserving. It went one more lap and had 16% at pit stop. I think the Atenza got knocked off or was conserving heavily.
View attachment 889496
View attachment 889497
Thank you, do you only pit for fuel or tires as well?

Hmm... just did a new livery for race C. I would have gone with my Bathurst livery, but I didn't have one for the 4C. With the lighting the way it is , my usual matt black would just give them an excuse for ramming me and saying it was because they couldn't see me. Think I'll have to grab some other custom colours from millage points when they roll around :crazy:. I think they will see this coming:

20200210233932.jpg

Several R4M guys present, but they ended up being squeaky clean.

Is it a thing that they aren't? It was one of those fellows who took me out in my first FIA attempt last night. I'll have to upload the video later, he did quite a nice job.

No time for racing today, unfortunately, as I have a Brewer's Guild meeting after work today. This may be a tight week in general, honestly.

Edit:

My best time for this combo at Goodwood was 1:31.598. That was the first week I had the game. Hopefully, I can crush that time now, haha.

I'll also probably use this week to test out other Manufacturers at Race B and Race C. My Jags have probably 3-4 times the amount of miles on them as my other cars, but I'm curious if there is something else that might work for me too.

Ring! Ring! Ring! Why don't you give me a caaaall? Yes wolks, Monday Madness at The Ring. Had no idea what a good time was. Had a peek at what the top 10 were doing and figured 5s off that should be about right. As already posted with the livery, first cab off the rank this week was the 4C. It's a cute little thing the way it skitters around the track. Very nicely balanced with just the right amount of tyre slip for my driving style. Not a good way to conserve tyres I know :P. I was slated to start P11, but someone left and I was bumped up to P10/18 on a mostly DR/C grid with a few stray Bs. I was surprised to be that far up, cause I know I'm not particularly fast around NGP.

No epic race report this time, just short and sweet. There were a number of trophies on the grid. I reckon on NGP, the C4 erm 4C would be deadly in the right hands. I was fuel saving by short shifting and picking taller gears when I could get away with it. I was still able to keep up with the trophies, except in certain spots, but if I wasn't conserving fuel, I reckon it would be a match for the trophies.

Surprisingly the race was pretty clean..probably due to the lack of DR/Bs ;). To be honest, I didn't notice the tyre wear, lap 1 felt the same as lap 9. I wasn't just rolling over for anyone, but if they managed to get along side me coming into a corner, I'd brake a little earlier and let them through, especially at the chicane. Sometimes they weren't expecting this and would overshoot because they thought I would defend... I'd rather stay on the track, and my fuel saving might have been holding them up :eek:.

People were pitting. I managed a no stopper with not much tyre wear despite me using the throttle to steer on most of the tight corners. I crossed the line in P5, with 0.7 laps of fuel left. Was almost P4, but the trophy passed me, but nearly lost it again :scared:.

SR blue, DR went up 700+ . Once again I can see the boarder gates for DR/B, but tomorrow is another day. People will have better qualifying times, and I will probably get matched with DR/Bs as the only token DR/C :crazy:. Another day on the DR/C journey :eek:.

Is it a thing that they aren't? It was one of those fellows who took me out in my first FIA attempt last night. I'll have to upload the video later, he did quite a nice job.

I’m not sure if it’s actually a thing, I haven’t seen any of them being dirty myself, but the name suggests that they at least might be. SuperGT is the guy who spawned all these “Ram 4 Money” minions as a joke, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they are dirty, could just be fanboys. They were very clean with me.

R4M drivers (not always) tend to be high rated drivers who are using a 2nd account so most will race clean & fair as they want to have a good race like yourself but of course just like any group there will be the odd dirty ones. I don't think the R4M thing is an indicator of them going to be dirty as had plenty of good racing with some of these racers.

Never had a problem with R4M players, I assume they are all just fans of Super GT and not out to get anyone.
Loll i have a R4M account it mean Racing 4 Money not Rammers ? Before calling out someone dirty look at is kudos profile , someone call me dirty last week at the mountain and this guy never made is to SR S before the penalty system bug last month lolll , im rated S on all my account since the beta :lol:

Just had another Race C with the F-Type. The dancing cars bug stroke again. I was in fourth on the grid and after 12 cars left (including the blocking leader) we went our merry way. When entering Lap 1 as 1st I already had 7s lead to second. It was more like getting the job done instead of racing. Finished first with FL and CR Bonus.

Sigh.... I guess I'll finally break down and use a FF for Race C this week. The silver lining is I'll be able make a new livery. I'll probably use the RCZ. Just really despise the Megane.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back