"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
BMB is most likely not coming back to daily racing ever. Way too much bump drafting.

I miss it , we had it for two years race there, I don't understand why we couldn't have this track again ....
This, the absence, is the proof that the GTSPORT player level is decreasing ?
IMHO ...

IR

Screenshot_2020-02-17-14-05-08-34.png
I miss it , we had it for two years race there, I don't understand why we couldn't have this track again ....
This, the absence, is the proof that the GTSPORT player level is decreasing ?
IMHO ...

IR
It's not a proof of that IMHO, it's only proof that PD doesn't want it in daily racing.
Most likely the bulk of their resources goes to gt7 so GTS is governed with left hand

Edit: since the game is 3 years old there has of course been a decline. But since September 2018 to now it's been pretty stable. Sport mode at least.

Last edited:
For the love that is holy, can we get for once a wide map like Laguna Seca? All 3 new daily maps are wreckfests. On Brands Hatch you get a bunch of cars ramming you from behind at the hairpin's entrance, on Tsukuba the entire track is an accident trap, Autopolis is too tiny for such a powerful car, I can't finish the endurance race because the AI kept bumping me from behind, I can only imagine how worse it will be in online races. I'm at SR A and I still kept finding a lot of dangerous/careless drivers in Yamagiwa which is a wider map. Also the flawed penalty system is disencouraging me from participating in sport races, last race a guy bumped me from the side, it was his fault, but I got a 2 secs penalty, while he just kept driving like nothing happened. Sport mode needs a lot of fixes before it can properly work for non star drivers.

Race B - Managed to set a decent lap at Brands first time out even with a big sideways moment at Graham Hill. Pole for first race, and manage to pull ahead almost 3 seconds in the first lap, but repeated rear mirror checking led to losing time on corners and I eventually gave up 1st, was briefly down to 4th but finished on the podium with two other Brits who stayed a few seconds ahead.

Brands is a lot of fun in Gr4, you can go flat out in 3rd and 4th in a lot of places, much prefer it to Gr3 here.

I don't understand why we couldn't have this track again ....

Neither can I. Bump drafting used to be an issue when there was SR down for the car being bumped but since it's removed as of 1.53, you'll be granted a free speed boost instead, lol.

Even if that is the reason PD are reluctant to use the track again, I see no reason why the Infield layouts can't be used.

Iffin ya wanna catch a big one, ya gotta MATCH THE HATCH! Yeh, so I did some laps with Jr, re-did it's livery, entered, then had to exit before the start due to ... food related issues, and let's leave it at that :scared:. Started a couple of laps with the WRX but I just wasn't feelin it tonight. Out with the 4C. That thing really skitters around the Hatch like a pond skater. I kept making small mistakes each lap, so I was about a second or more down from where I knew I could confidently do. Just ran outta time, only enough time for 1 race at 12:50 and about 6 qually laps. I started P10/15, the last of the qualifiers, on a mixed grid of DR/C and B. Not a good place to be for my first DR/B race :crazy:.

The race itself wasn't too bad. I managed to hug the inside at T1 and so kept on the track. Survived T2, had someone try to go up the inside at Graham Hill. I was having none of that, there wasn't enough room for him to pass, so I tightened up the turn by stomping on the loud pedal. I managed to keep ahead of the pack behind and close on the pack in front. I didn't get close enough to hit anyone, but I was close enough to capitalise on any argey bargey going on in front. In the end I finished P8 with a clean race bonus.

SR Blue, DR dropped about 130. Day one in hostile territory :scared:.

BMB is most likely not coming back to daily racing ever. Way too much bump drafting.
The bump-drafting was part of what made it so fun! It was so satisfying to lock bumpers with someone for the whole race and break the slipstream to the rest of the pack who were too busy fighting to come run us down. And when I couldn't work with someone to try to break the draft, the constant photo finishes were exciting too. I'm biased of course since that's by far my best track in terms of poles, wins, and top 5s. I got really good at putting my car in the right spot on the last lap. Both of the ovals in this game have been there since the release, but we haven't used them in Dailies in over a year. What was the point of including them in the original release if they just abandon them to let the weeds reclaim them?

I would just like to say that I just had a very enjoyable 4/5 lap battle with a fella from Brazil, and it was some of the cleanest driving I’ve seen in the daily races for a while now. Not sure if he’s a member here or not, but if you are, that was some great driving man! :cheers: Race C is really fun! :)

Race C this week with the X2014 Junior at Autopolis is a really good combo, ruined only by the fact that there's no pit strategy. Despite the 15x tire wear multiplier and ten laps later, the car still feels like it has a lot of grip, and I felt barely any difference from lap two even on lap ten. It's still a fun race, one of the most enjoyable cars to drive for sure.

Race C this week with the X2014 Junior at Autopolis is a really good combo, ruined only by the fact that there's no pit strategy. Despite the 15x tire wear multiplier and ten laps later, the car still feels like it has a lot of grip, and I felt barely any difference from lap two even on lap ten. It's still a fun race, one of the most enjoyable cars to drive for sure.
agree, you can run flat out for the whole race and with hardly any drop off in performance.

Shaved another .3 of the RBJ to a 42.7, I don’t think I’ll be beating this lap anytime soon. This car is just so much fun to drive though! :)

BB0

I haven't tried it yet but that combo looks really good fun. I love how late on the brakes you can be and how responsive the car looks in the turns.

So it's a 42.7 to beat :gtpflag:

I need to work on the "pausing" strategy. There are a couple of turns on Autopolis where a punt ends your race.

These cars are such that once the early lap chaos dies down it becomes a bit processional. 10 seconds is an irrecoverable loss. I got back to 16th. That same person did similar several times in the race. Their penalties didn't come close to 10 seconds lost.

Shaved another .3 off of the RBJ to a 42.7 now, I don’t think I’ll be beating this lap anytime soon. This car is just so much fun to drive though! :)

BB0

Now this track makes sense. I've avoided it in the past as I couldn't gel with it, in the RBJ it has clicked. Just need to figure how to get the best out of the car and learn the brake points etc etc, so might be race ready by Sunday, possibly :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back