"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I had a horrible first race at autopolis. Was in a lobby with mostly A+ players. Started 5th, had no pace, finished 12th. Lol.

Going off track twice and being on the receiving end of a bump and run here and there did not help either. It was very hard to resist the temptation of crashing one of these people.

Last edited:
Yeah I had a horrible first race at autopolis. Was in a lobby with mostly A+ players. Started 5th, had no pace, finished 12th. Lol.

Going off track twice and being on the receiving end of a bump and run here and there did not help either. It was very hard to resist the temptation of crashing one of these people.

I on the other hand did not have quite so much will power. :lol:

Haven’t seen a A+ all day though, I’m about to get into DR A so they should be coming soon though. :)

1 morning race at Tsukuba. QT 1:11.913. Started pole. Finished 4th.

Hate pole on Tsukuba. Dropped to 3rd on T1. Got bumped a little on T2 and subsequently bumped passed another car. Felt bad about that. Car did end up beating me though and had fastest lap. So I don't feel that bad. :D

Cars were faster than their QTs. Slipstream is "weak". ;)

Just got a feel for it. I'll have to put in some work.
EQ_5UCpUUAEAaw8.jpeg
EQ_5K99UUAMpS0r.jpeg

Glad to see some people finding the love at autopolis now. Always kind of felt the track had a nice flow if you just had it right in the right car. Will enjoy trying out the Jr. there once I get back on.

Saw everyone showing where they have done best so I ran down my top 3 most raced tracks.
1. Dragon Trail Seaside. 71 races, 0 wins, 13 top 5, 2 poles
2. Autopolis. 65 races, 2 wins, 21 top 5, 1 pole
3. Interlagos. 55 races, 1 win, 14 top 5, 0 pole
I enjoy DTS but it doesnt seem the love is coming back there.
Sadly I still have never pulled a fastest lap in over 700 races.

Took a whirl around Brands Hatch with the Genesis and put in a respectable 1:30.8x. But my optimal was 1:30.3-4. I tried to use the Megane and I suck with it. Swapped to the Supra and turned in a 1:30.7 by the 6th lap.

Now its time to try out the red bull Jr. I've never driven it so this will be fun.

1 morning race at Tsukuba. QT 1:11.913. Started pole. Finished 4th.

Hate pole on Tsukuba. Dropped to 3rd on T1. Got bumped a little on T2 and subsequently bumped passed another car. Felt bad about that. Car did end up beating me though and had fastest lap. So I don't feel that bad. :D

Cars were faster than their QTs. Slipstream is "weak". ;)
I like running qualifying laps there, but racing there isn't really the best. :indiff:

Had not played for two weeks, so maybe I've missed something. Tried three races on the MazdaTsukuba, all three starred as clean, yet got punted a number of times, got a penalty for cutting during one of them, yet did not slow down in the zone. Did they turn it off?
Anyway, I guess I'll pause for a week or two more.

I love daily race C. Finally no fuel or tire saving, just flat out pace.
Was able to do a 42.4 in quali.
Have started 4 or 5 races this evening, unfortunately all of them included Lightning and Kie so wins were way out of reach, but usually finished P5-P7 with about 25-30 secs behind Lightning. Only gained a grand total of 1000 DR points though.
Still a lot of fun

Finally its 3 one make races this week :/ daily B is a Megane Trophy one make . With a car that should be GRX instead of gr4 . This car is a joke its far from a GT4 regulation car the problem is not only the Power and wait its the downforce its like a GT300 with downforce from under the car . Gr4 class is ruined by this modlers car .

I was ready to roll my eyes at Race A but was honestly quite having fun setting lap times. Don't be shy with the loud pedal, the little MX-5 can take it! :P Not ventured into an actual race yet, although I suspect many punts will be had...

Watching the Daytona 500. It's crazy that they are hitting each other at 200 mph in 3,000 lb cars. :eek:
I'm sure there's a big wreck coming. Maybe more than 1. :scared:

Edit: Yup. There's one.

Edit #2: Wow. What a finish! That's how Sport Mode races usually end. :scared:

Last edited:
I've run three races B in the Mustang, moved up in every one, podium in two. It's an open race where other cars than the Trophy can do ok

I was using the M4, got slaughtered by terrible drivers, spinning and crashing everywhere, usualy re-entering the track as I'm passing, halved my DR from 12k to 6k. Luck is not on my side tonight, ha.
& I've gained places in every race :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back