"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Race C again this morning. Not the best races, everyone seems to think you can overtake as soon as you have a better momentum. Retaliation is the norm for every slight contact and also....dirty driver who manage to push everybody off track on the way to finish 2nd. No fun!

Here I put good pressure on the guy in front and manage to avoid him sliding. Ooooof

Friday evenings is the worst time for playing gts. Just got 2 race C and it was just nightmare, level of stupidity and agression is over the scale. First corner is hell, I dont know what happened during the last time I raced Autopolis, but people are just crazy. Maybe its this chinese virus. Im going for a beer, not worth wasting my time. Peace yo!

Still a bit too hacked off for a race report for tonight, but after chilling for a bit I decided that since it was unlikely that I would be doing any more Race B's this week outside of DRWF, I'd do some qualy laps with the trophy, to see how much faster it was.

I was expecting rainbows and unicorns the way everyone whines about it :rolleyes:. No such luck. Sure, It's easier than some to keep on the track, I wasn't finding this magical F1 hyper grip, certainly no more than several of the other cars I've driven this week. I did find it confusing however that even on grids with only a few trophies, most of the cars I saw loosing control and coming off were trophies :odd:. I was as fast if not faster with the Genesis and Viper, and definitely faster with the GT-R. It ain't the car, it's the driver. ;)

Agreed! The Megane is not the fastest car for me either. It doesn't bother me at all. I've tried diiferent cars. I like the Vantage, the 86 and the GTR, but I like the 4C best. Just my 2 cents.

Wasn't paying attention and did a qualy time of 1.30.655 in Race B with the WRX, on the EMEA server. What was I thinking??????

Anyway, race 1. Started 4th on the grid with the WRX. Megane's all ahead of me. #2 & #3 binned it pretty sharpish, leaving me in 2nd. Couldn't be bothered chasing the lead Megane, and I had a 5 second gap to 3rd. Easy, clean race.

Race 2. Started 7th. Oh no......middle of the field!! Was expecting it to be chaos as usual. 4th, 5th & 6th took themselves off together pretty early, and 4rd went off just after Sheene's putting me into 3rd on lap 1. Lap 2, I had 4th place closing but they had a penalty to serve, and soon enough 2nd went off coming off Paddock Hill Bend. Finished the race in 2nd again with 1.5 to first, and 1.5 to 3rd.

Seems my 'error' paid dividends and moving up DR/B nicely.

Last edited:
Race C is unplayable. The push to pass is rife and the penalty system punishes you for getting pushed, as does getting dirty/hot tyres. You just get shuffled down the pack by people who are ****.

The penalty zone is also in the wrong place. It should be on the main straight, not down the hill where people unghost at the turn in for the fast right-hander.

Sorry PD, but this is a waste of time.

As long as I keep beating the majority of them, I'm good.
ERUkjcGVUAA83dk

It's actually really frustrating. I've got some time free and I want to play the game but what it does in return is to gradually drain the life out of me to the point it leaves me feeling worse for having turned it on. Surely that's not what is intended? It can't be that we all need to run a 3rd, 4th or 5th profile where we just don't care and go full wreckfest and ruin some other poor innocent's evening.

There's **** all on TV and the woman is out. Once you've done the obvious (possibly more than once) it's a bad reflection on the game that the PS4 is off.

It's actually really frustrating. I've got some time free and I want to play the game but what it does in return is to gradually drain the life out of me to the point it leaves me feeling worse for having turned it on. Surely that's not what is intended? It can't be that we all need to run a 3rd, 4th or 5th profile where we just don't care and go full wreckfest and ruin some other poor innocent's evening.

There's **** all on TV and the woman is out. Once you've done the obvious (possibly more than once) it's a bad reflection on the game that the PS4 is off.

I mostly just do FIA races and practice lobbies now, the races, matchmaking and combos are MUCH better. I don’t even enter Sport Mode anymore unless I’m prepared for/expecting the chaos of the DR’s and I only use my Daily Race account, I don’t care if that one gets beat around, that’s what it’s there for. :)

Race C is unplayable. The push to pass is rife and the penalty system punishes you for getting pushed, as does getting dirty/hot tyres. You just get shuffled down the pack by people who are ****.

The penalty zone is also in the wrong place. It should be on the main straight, not down the hill where people unghost at the turn in for the fast right-hander.

Either that or just after T1 so you can get a nice draft down the main straight and then wave goodbye.

I mostly just do FIA races and practice lobbies now, the races, matchmaking and combos are MUCH better. I don’t even enter Sport Mode anymore unless I’m prepared for/expecting the chaos of the DR’s and I only use my Daily Race account, I don’t care if that one gets beat around, that’s what it’s there for. :)
Where I am at I have to go back into Daily Racing with the main account to build and maintain DR. Because FIA is just a loosing game for me in that department.

Agreed! The Megane is not the fastest car for me either. It doesn't bother me at all. I've tried diiferent cars. I like the Vantage, the 86 and the GTR, but I like the 4C best. Just my 2 cents.
I can't get the speed out of the Megane either, so I've been sticking with the 4C too. Still slowish with that though, and have been starting 15th or 16th!

Not seen much else other than Meganes in the races, but today a 4C appeared in P2 on the grid - from the start he took the lead, and went on to win by 5 seconds. The first, and only, non-Megane win I've seen all week.

What do you guys think of the Toyota FT-1 VGT in gr3?
Hi everybody, first post here at GTP while being reading for quite at bit now.
I have been trying the FT-1 last week after watching a video of David Perel taking a spin with it last weeks race b. I also tried the Supra and I was a bit faster in the FT-1. To me it felt more planted and as fast as the Supra on the straights so definitely worth a try.
P.S. sorry if i mix up vokabular, grammar and all that it‘s been a while since I had a teacher to spell check my stuff

Hi everybody, first post here at GTP while being reading for quite at bit now.
I have been trying the FT-1 last week after watching a video of David Perel taking a spin with it last weeks race b. I also tried the Supra and I was a bit faster in the FT-1. To me it felt more planted and as fast as the Supra on the straights so definitely worth a try.
P.S. sorry if i mix up vokabular, grammar and all that it‘s been a while since I had a teacher to spell check my stuff
Welcome!

The lunatics are on the grass. The lunatics are on the grass.. Race B again last night. I went in with the Hyundai but just couldn't better my GT-R time. I started P10/16 on a DR/B grid.

Race gets going ok, T1 was a bit of a fiasco, but not enough to be an advantage for me. An Aussie decides to stick his nose in at T2 and pushes through. I'm tailing behind and he and another car are road blocks. They start moving around and things slow down, I didn't react in time and tapped one of them, they went wide and I wasn't in a position to pull over and slow down, or I would have gotten rammed by the cars behind.

Towards the end of lap 2 I was in P11. The two cars behind me got a slightly better exit on the final corner.. a white Ferrari and a Fake6 with a Spice and Wolf livery. Heading down the start/finish strait the Ferrari is next to me. The Fake6 is trying to force a gap between the two of us, which he manages. He then proceeds to tap tap tap against me, pushing me towards the edge of the track. He then veers off into the Ferrari, knocking them onto the grass on the inside, then veers off into me, spinning me out and I came to a complete stop perpendicular to the track. Somehow I was still on the track, and fall back to P15 when I started moving again.

The last lap saw me in P13. I had some clean side by side action with an NSX but just couldn't out drag him, with a 4C nipping at my heels. I managed to get by the NSX cleanly and thanks to some offs, slip into P11, then P10 a little before the penalty zone. The 4C was still with me when I crossed P10. The menace with the Fake6 finished P3 :rolleyes:.

SR blue with a CRB despite the spin. DR dropped 260. Day 5 in *very* hostile territory :odd:.

Wait......wait......The RBJ has push to pass????!!! LOL well that explains my issues on lap 1. So many things make more sense now.

Just as I began to lose hope after my SR started taking a hit and my performances started to dip, I get a beautiful game of cat and mouse with one of the Mégane army.

On Lap 1 it was me following but I decided to fall back after Pilgrims Drop as I sensed that the lead group would back into each other at some point, sure enough coming out of Stirling's that's exactly what I get and I make the pass round the outside of Clearways.

The remaining 3 laps was a battle of wits Vs the black Mégane, he did an excellent job pressuring me and I did just enough to keep him at bay. I used the straight line advantage to make his life difficult and he remained patient should I make a single error. Thankfully I didn't and held him off for the duration but I think the replay looks excellent.

Best race I've had all week by a mile even though I have pulled off a cheeky win in the NSX earlier in the week, I'd rather come 10th and have a battle like this over a win any time.

From time to time I have the stupid idea to try to increase my DR in the morning before FIA. I never learn, started first race C in 10th, got pushed out in the first lap, then recovered from last to P11.

Only lost about 300 points, let's recover in the next race. Started 15th, get to 7th by the end of 1st lap - then get murdered again. I quited, there is no way to race like this. Lost 1500 DR in the process.

Note to self: don't ever try to increase DR in weekend, if you only raced the combo on Monday and left it because of getting shoved out in the first lap...

What do you guys think of the Toyota FT-1 VGT in gr3?
Well, it's a looker at least.

Definitely falls in the "handling car" department as opposed to it's all-round-beast-but-mostly-straightline Supra sibling.

I find it easy to drive but the gearing a little awkward between 3rd and 4th (if memory serves). It does definitely lose out on top end speed though. Helps that it's pretty sexy.

Tl;Dr - easier to drive than the Supra, but not nearly as broken

From time to time I have the stupid idea to try to increase my DR in the morning before FIA. I never learn, started first race C in 10th, got pushed out in the first lap, then recovered from last to P11.

Only lost about 300 points, let's recover in the next race. Started 15th, get to 7th by the end of 1st lap - then get murdered again. I quited, there is no way to race like this. Lost 1500 DR in the process.

Note to self: don't ever try to increase DR in weekend, if you only raced the combo on Monday and left it because of getting shoved out in the first lap...

I pretty much gave up on increasing my DR with the daily races. I'll have 2 or 3 good races and gain a good amount of DR. But then I'll have that one bad race and lose all my progress and then some, most likely from something that's completely out of my hands. It has been especially worse ever since they screwed up the penalty system (even more) a few patches back.

Why do people block so desperately when they have a 2s penalty pending? :indiff:

Edit: ...like the yellow Trophy did.

Actually I think he did the best he could for his race not letting me by. The way I see it if you have a penalty you have 2* main choices:
1) Let the other guys through if you can do it without losing more time (if the other guys are faster and won't battle). This might help you stay ahead of guys further back
2) Keep them behind and run your own race, they're less likely to make a move when they know they get a point by at the penalty line. You might then have a better chance to catch up to those immediately behind later if you don't fall back behind anyone else
*3) Ignore it and let the battle run it's course for pride/fun

He didn't have the penalty for long so he didn't lose much time defending and letting one of us by may have resulted in all of us going by and him losing a bunch of time. He ended up well placed in clear air if myself and black Mégane battled hard he'd have been right back in the fight if he ran well. Sadly for him we ran a decent pace thanks to black Mégane not sticking his nose in.

RACE B aka the one make race is really rough, holy moly i have been wasted in those races.. but then you get lucky, and get something like this.. a GREAT race, with FUN duels and even a second spot..

Yeah, i went for the meta car, its almost crazy how much faster i was in the car compared to the others i tried.. at least i gave it a paint job!

I pretty much gave up on increasing my DR with the daily races. I'll have 2 or 3 good races and gain a good amount of DR. But then I'll have that one bad race and lose all my progress and then some, most likely from something that's completely out of my hands. It has been especially worse ever since they screwed up the penalty system (even more) a few patches back.
This exactly! I was having this same conversation yesterday on the GTS facebook group. When it comes to the dailies, I’m like a gambler. I’ll look at my losses for the day and keep thinking “just one more time, I know I can win it all back”. But that "win it all back" part never happens and the spiral downward continues...

I can't get the speed out of the Megane either, so I've been sticking with the 4C too. Still slowish with that though, and have been starting 15th or 16th!

Not seen much else other than Meganes in the races, but today a 4C appeared in P2 on the grid - from the start he took the lead, and went on to win by 5 seconds. The first, and only, non-Megane win I've seen all week.

I have won a few races in the 4C. Only 1 pole though. But it was only after I improved my qualytime. I'm now at 1:29:671, but my sweetspot is around 1:30:700. So now I'm scared to race again:lol:.

This exactly! I was having this same conversation yesterday on the GTS facebook group. When it comes to the dailies, I’m like a gambler. I’ll look at my losses for the day and keep thinking “just one more time, I know I can win it all back”. But that "win it all back" part never happens and the spiral downward continues...
Always quit when you're up.

Maybe one more drink. Huh. 11. Double down?

Honestly since my WiFi troubles will randomly steal a huge chunk of rating from me, completely outside of my control, I really care a lot less about being at my "true" DR.

If I drop into C I can always make it back to B in really any given combo. Either I can qualify well and snag wins or start at the back and pick my way through. Either method seems to always net DR gains.

Really not sure where my true skill level lies. I don't have the raw pace of some A rank guys but I don't think it's a stretch of the ego to say I'm fairly consistent and tend to make smarter decisions than most of the C/B crowd.

A rank probably beckons, if I were to really get my head down and remove all self imposed handicaps, like not driving the Trophy at Brand's, I could make it.

But when WiFi can just decide "haha no kid you lost that race" and GTS is set up to treat that as a rage quit (which is only fair), it's hard to care so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back