"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a car is alongside you you need to respect that. You can't just turn in on someone when part of their car is alongside and expect them to disappear

No. Part of their car? Again videos like the on linked where some guy is arbitrarily offering opinions like that orange car divebomb and that guy says well the black car turned in...Those only confuse.
Plus chase view it’s hard to tell where the front of the car even i
Plus he was wrong.
I just see that in games people press the grey area in overtaking.
Basically it’s being a jerk driver when you do it a lot. Slows both cars contact is pretty inevitable...
Basically to me you don’t have the move if it comes to that crap. Stay out of the grey area.
Most people live there and press beyond all the time.
Lotta players get confused too and think I got my nose in that means car ahead should leave space.
Nope. Also even if you can make an argument you have some grey area right to be alongside nine times out of ten it’s just slowing your race opposed to just moving back to the darn racing line and not fighting.
Nothing I like more than seeing cars ahead fighting where no one will yield. Free positions 80 percent of the time. Often you can pass three cars at a time if they all are too dumb to prioritize exit onto a straight over fighting for position RIGHT NOW. Lmao

Race A looks like for me next week...

Last edited:
Great races next week!

Blue Moon Bay Infield is underrated, really interested what kind of N200 car would be used.

Anything at Fuji for me is great. Last week & this week I’ve mainly been running the Gr.3 dailies so that will keep the momentum going.

Race C will be tough with the tire degradation, I don’t expect to be competitive in that race but I may try a couple runs.

Great races next week!

Blue Moon Bay Infield is underrated, really interested what kind of N200 car would be used.

Anything at Fuji for me is great. Last week & this week I’ve mainly been running the Gr.3 dailies so that will keep the momentum going.

Race C will be tough with the tire degradation, I don’t expect to be competitive in that race but I may try a couple runs.

I'll send yu my address, ship me a baggie of whatever it is you are smoking, must be amazing :D:sly:

Slightly off topic, coming from bike racing did you find the racing line is different to that you would use for a bike? I still have trouble with that, when I used to use the games racing line I thought that was way out, probably explains why I'm so slow at some tracks :lol:
Definitely. More from two-stroke than four-stroke. Two-stroke is more parabolic while four-stroke you can get away with a slightly less round by rolling on the gas.

Since when did this become the standard for how to handle yourself on the track?
It's getting to the point where I'm almost surprised when it doesn't happen.
Maybe they just don't think of the other cars as people.
You never know which one of the people you're disrespecting may be vindictive, and ultimately cost yourself more than you gained. :mischievous:
I'll let it slide, this time. :)

Last edited:
Finally got my Race A QT under 2:00.

Tried a morning race. Started 3rd. Finished 2nd.

Only doing A this week but all clean and podium finishes so far. :D:tup:
Incredibly, I'm 4 for 4 this morning for CRBs and podiums at Tokyo. Starting at the back, patience is almost always rewarded.
Usually the first 7 or 8 cars I encounter will crash at some point. :lol: Then I just scamper on by. 👍

Found a slight advantage with cars that are more stable on high speed turns like monza turn 3. Almost every one running a GTR with better speed and braking, I can hug the tight turn with the GT and sometimes cause followers to lose it in the slip stream. Otherwise rest of track is a disadvantage. lol

I love Monza as a daily race, even with the amount of dirty racing it encourages. Even on Thursday people are still missing the tire requirements, which is apparently cheating these days :lol:.

I don't know if I've played since the last update, but I'm seeing some wonky issues in this race, highlighted below. The 3rd clip is particularly mind boggling, I essentially got hit and then penalized for someone else's rage quit.

Well, I got my first podium with my new livery. Typically my liveries are basic, and very similar, but I wanted something special to race from the back. I did see something that suprised me at the end. The winner was in a DBR9 GT1. I bought one to check it out. It is a GR3 rated car. Seems like it might be good at Monza. I did 2 quick laps...it's very fast, brakes really well, and has good turn in and traction on the gas.(TCS 0) One of the things I like best, with my driving preferences, is that if you throw it into a corner on the brakes, getting it loose, it just hooks up and drives out. No real tendancy to want to spin. I'll give it a try later.
20200416_141138.jpg
20200416_141318.jpg

Since when did this become the standard for how to handle yourself on the track?
You never know which one of the people you're disrespecting may be vindictive, and ultimately cost yourself more than you gained. :mischievous:

I'd let HIM slide....

I've been feeling a bit discouraged by the FIA races lately, with a few bad results seemingly piling up endlessly. It always feels like I'm up against people that know what they're doing better than I do, that just race better, and in the past week I've noticed myself making mistakes I wouldn't normally make - over and above my usual terrible driving. The worst case of this was Gr.4 at, funnily, Monza a few weeks ago, which I put in some practice for since it was one of the few good combos for Nissan in this round of ten races. First attempt I bottled qualifying, started 19th finished 6th. Clearly I had pace so I went again and basically did the opposite.

I wanted a good daily race to come up so I could just spend some time practicing, then go into the same race a few times on the spin and get used to one track, one car, and how to race that. Luckily my best car was the meta at a really easy track, so I had some fun with some different liveries today:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200416142353.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200416145356.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200416152336.jpg

The meme machine went well. The classic Loctite car was pretty much the same, with my 4H/6M strategy allowing me to stay secure in the mid-pack, then pull away after the pits. Both races featured a rabbit running away with it, though I think I was a bit held up in the second race. In the third race I was spun out at the second chicane. The car I was following had to brake because the guy in front of him broke early. I was side by side with the car in front of me, who then tried to take the chicane as normal. Shambles. I actually had a run in with the early braker later on, weaving after ghosting from serving a penalty. A complete clown.

I'm not sure what I'm more horrified about here, sharing a 5 minute video or expecting anyone to watch it. I do want to say that good racing at Monza is possible, so don't give up:

This race also features a cameo from @Adam Barber who went from 16th to 5th driving the same livery as me (his own version though, I didn't realise at the time they were different - sorry!)

This race had everything, including a clean pass through both Lesmos and an around the outside move at the Parabolica. It also had some astonishing bad divebombs, but they didn't harm me. As a result...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200416162401.jpg

I'm back at DR A. A good day for me, finally.

I've been feeling a bit discouraged by the FIA races lately, with a few bad results seemingly piling up endlessly. It always feels like I'm up against people that know what they're doing better than I do, that just race better, and in the past week I've noticed myself making mistakes I wouldn't normally make - over and above my usual terrible driving. The worst case of this was Gr.4 at, funnily, Monza a few weeks ago, which I put in some practice for since it was one of the few good combos for Nissan in this round of ten races. First attempt I bottled qualifying, started 19th finished 6th. Clearly I had pace so I went again and basically did the opposite.

I wanted a good daily race to come up so I could just spend some time practicing, then go into the same race a few times on the spin and get used to one track, one car, and how to race that. Luckily my best car was the meta at a really easy track, so I had some fun with some different liveries today:

View attachment 911288 View attachment 911289 View attachment 911290

The meme machine went well. The classic Loctite car was pretty much the same, with my 4H/6M strategy allowing me to stay secure in the mid-pack, then pull away after the pits. Both races featured a rabbit running away with it, though I think I was a bit held up in the second race. In the third race I was spun out at the second chicane. The car I was following had to brake because the guy in front of him broke early. I was side by side with the car in front of me, who then tried to take the chicane as normal. Shambles. I actually had a run in with the early braker later on, weaving after ghosting from serving a penalty. A complete clown.

I'm not sure what I'm more horrified about here, sharing a 5 minute video or expecting anyone to watch it. I do want to say that good racing at Monza is possible, so don't give up:

This race also features a cameo from @Adam Barber who went from 16th to 5th driving the same livery as me (his own version though, I didn't realise at the time they were different - sorry!)

This race had everything, including a clean pass through both Lesmos and an around the outside move at the Parabolica. It also had some astonishing bad divebombs, but they didn't harm me. As a result...

View attachment 911291

I'm back at DR A. A good day for me, finally.

Love that we were using effectively the same livery in that race. Think I went up about 10 or so positions in that race as well

No. Part of their car? Again videos like the on linked where some guy is arbitrarily offering opinions like that orange car divebomb and that guy says well the black car turned in...Those only confuse.
Plus chase view it’s hard to tell where the front of the car even i
Plus he was wrong.
I just see that in games people press the grey area in overtaking.
Basically it’s being a jerk driver when you do it a lot. Slows both cars contact is pretty inevitable...
Basically to me you don’t have the move if it comes to that crap. Stay out of the grey area.
Most people live there and press beyond all the time.
Lotta players get confused too and think I got my nose in that means car ahead should leave space.
Feel free to turn in onto another car's nose and wipe yourself out because you think you're entitled to the line, I guess. :confused:

Feel free to turn in onto another car's nose and wipe yourself out because you think you're entitled to the line, I guess. :confused:

Study up and you will KNOW right from wrong.
Huge issue I see is simply confusion by drivers. They don’t know right from wrong.
If you are not sure if what you’re doing is right then don’t do it.
Lotta confusion in video games definitely.

Know what? I wonder if it's going to be an FF show at Tokyo. Scirocco and TT. RC Z and Megane have the legs, but Scirocket &TT handle better than those two.

Could also be a time for the GT-R and Huracan to shine, but place the OyVeyron at the top of the list, to mow other players down.

what if you come across him once again?

Brutal week, just brutal. Loathe Fuji with a passion, Tokyo is a joke crash fest and n200?

Will give race A a try but meh.

Same here, I'll give race A a bit of time but N200 :/ Gr.1 was fun at that track. Fuji loathe it, and Tokyo central loop is nothing but a boring wall bounce merry go round. It's never been used for race C before so at least that's new.

Same here, I'll give race A a bit of time but N200 :/ Gr.1 was fun at that track. Fuji loathe it, and Tokyo central loop is nothing but a boring wall bounce merry go round. It's never been used for race C before so at least that's new.
I absolutely agree with you about Race A. I'd love to race BMB Infield A with the Gr. 1 cars again, but apparently they're never to be used outside of Le Mans. I prefer the B version of BMB Infield though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back