"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to tell you that you definitely should try a wheel...but that's a bit presumptuous of me. Who on here is racing with a dualshock in hand?

And, yes, practice manual.

I race with dualshock and manual.
Everywhere is sold out of wheels online so I haven't been able to get one.

Looking forward to that race C - it's the track where I fell in love with the gr. 3 NSX, so she'll be getting some love this week. Interested to see what the car at Alsace is but my inner pessimist says BRZ/86.

Goal for this week: race moar, aim for 20k, at 16 currently.

Hi all!

Seeing all the posts on Races B & C.
Seems to be a lesser focus on Race A. Too slow? :lol:

Focusing on getting the 91 wins trophy.
I am pushing the little Mini but cannot get anywhere near below 1.29. Poor qualifying time makes it harder to compete.
Any ideas? Am I suffering from not using a wheel? Or should I be using Manual Transmission?

I've watched the best lap replays, following them as far as possible but I just cannot improve my times :confused: :grumpy:

What are your section times? I may be able to help you pinpoint your trouble area...

I've run a couple hundred qualifying laps and the best i could get is 27.3

No idea how the aliens are hitting 26s lol

Looking forward to the new daily A tomorrow!

sick of the N200 Races for Race A. Shame, I love Alsace.

Race B, probably the new Supra. Hard pass for me. That car is God awful. Brakes stink and it slides all over the place. Would be a miserable time at Spa.

Race C will be the choice once again this week. The tire multiplier though... yikes.

I think it is time to dust off the crusty alt I created a couple of months ago to destroy tires in race C. Will see if I can actually finish a race there without getting timed out.

Race B, probably the new Supra. Hard pass for me. That car is God awful. Brakes stink and it slides all over the place. Would be a miserable time at Spa.

I don't know if it would be all that bad if you could put racing tires on it. It might be interesting for a tuning project, too.

I had a c64 with 2 games but for the life of me I can’t remember what they were lol. My introduction was from the atari 2600 and my childhood crack, Knight Rider lol. Anyone remember that one? Cant believe it didnt give anyone convulsions as all it was were white dots representing cones on the side of the track on a completely black screen and it was damn near impossible keeping your car in the center for more than a couple minutes as it got faster and faster. Now that I think about it I wonder if that is where Michael Knight and K.I.T. got there beginnings lol. Bet none of the youngsters get that reference hahaha.

What if Race A is just the MX-5 TC? Other than that, Clio RS and S2000 come to mind. I Guess Clio V6 would be the choice.
Doubt it'd be the 4C or MiTo.

What else we got? Gazoo 86, Peugeot 308, DS3, CTR, ITR, Silvia(s), Trans Am, E30(I'd like this).

What if Race A is just the MX-5 TC? Other than that, Clio RS and S2000 come to mind. I Guess Clio V6 would be the choice.

What else we got? Gazoo 86, Peugeot 308, DS3, CTR, ITR, Silvia(s), Trans Am, E30(I'd like this).
Clio V6 or the Trans Am would make it a real fun test. So that probably won't happen. But at least it is a good puzzle again with a different combo. Got to admit I was surprised with the race C this past week as pleasantly fun. Who knows if B or A can pull that off this week.

here's a thought. How about PD actually let's us decide???

Also for N200, add the 2003 Audi TT coupe to the list

I believe that was @Sven Jurgens :P. And it was one of the dailies ;).

Edit: Pic was posted July 27 2018

That was on Sarthe yup
7Qs1Xug.gif

@Pigems actually took it to a Nations race recently, proving again Nxxx open races are pointless without better BOP. It was just as much a F40 one make as it was in 2018.

So after toying with a bunch of difference cars, you MIGHT want to get those Gr3 Supra liveries ready for the upcoming Daily Race C. :lol: (but AMG for qual time... at least for me).

Pretty sure PD knew what they were doing with the Supra hype machine.

Last edited:
Dropped into Fuji for a couple runs from the back. Both rooms were all within a second of each other. First race was the best. Close, hard racing, but pretty clean all around me. Still driving the Viper. Made most of my passes going into the chicane. That Viper really comes around when heavy trail braking, which I was using to my advantage. Made my way into the top 10, and started dicing with a 911. I chased him as we worked our way forward, and finally got inside him on the last turn and made the pass stick. Made it up to 3rd going into T1 on the last lap, Porsche still with me. I blew T2 and got waay too far onto the curbing, and he used it to get next to me, and was inside me for t6 to take 3rd. I bumped him in the middle of the chicane by accident, but no big deal and I lifted to not take advantage as he slid a bit wide onto the curbing. Took my last shot in the last corner. He covered the inside, so I took it wider and tried for the drive. He beat me to the line by a tenth. Good race. 2nd race had a tighter spread of Q times, and was also about half A and A+ drivers where the first room was all B. First race had 2 red S at the end. I worked my way up to 6th on L3, but got knocked off track by the same guy twice. Ended up finishing 12th, and 2/3rds of the room ended red, including almost all of the A drivers. Oh well, the first race was worth it.

I was about to tell you that you definitely should try a wheel...but that's a bit presumptuous of me. Who on here is racing with a dualshock in hand?

I race with a ds4 and manual transmission. TC at 0 with most cars and ABS 1.

After 1009 online races:
Sport Mode Wins161
Sport Mode Pole Position163
Sport Mode Leading Laps17.6%
Sport Mode Fastest Laps148

DR B
SR S (Got punted down in the recent Supra cup race)

I race with a DS4. Use manual as well.

@tizocspeed8 Definitely helps you rev the bolts off the things they give you in race A usually. Try following faster people's lines, and more importantly watch their inputs if you can. Dropped a big chunk of time on races when I learned when to brake but also when to just ease and coast some of the time. Currently B/S.

Why mention tire requirements? That was my chance to not finish last!

:boggled:
:lol: Maaannnn, I really don't want to read about the 30 players that finished 1 minute behind.

HEY! FUN RACE! "Golf"-ball:1, Penalties:0 Awesome final battle with the Atenza. Short wheelbase of the VW was hassling the Atenza on the tight turns.
That F-Type held me up in the last lap, Allowed the Atenza to grab 3rd. I was way too kind in not disrupting the F-Type. I'll take that FL though. Ran 4RH/4RM. Pit stops are lightning quick. So, I'd probably run half and half, the gain on fresh RM from Lap 5, can probably overcome someone running long.
EWl-QP8UwAA3neQ

EWl-Hx_VAAEeOou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back