"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If PD are gong to make these FF cars the fastest, may as well give us real TCR cars. Going to try the Megane after this one.
EY2MsGrU8AAOAMP

Didn't get the chance to race at all during the week. So over the weekend, decided to jump on my alt account, and take on race C from the back.

Had a mixed bag of results, but generally getting in to the top 5, a few podiums, best result being P2 on a few occasions.

It's really tough coming through the field, as you're trying to cleanly overtake the slightly slower drivers, the leaders are pulling away. But it's definitely something I'll do again, great way to improve race lines and improve overtaking skills.

Had one guy try to break check me, just as I pulled out of his slipstream to overtake him, when he realised what was happening he swerved to try hit me off the track, completely missed. He then decided to take out as many people as he could. Before finally rage quitting.

Guess racing from the back, you realize, that any and every nation, will have some really clean drivers and unfortunately some who seem to think pushing other cars off track and blocking those passing them are racing skills.

So the first race I had today was a very strange lobby. Very mixed up grid haha. Got punted in turn 3 and dropped to 10th, but had fun fighting back up to 2nd.
20200525_094144.jpg

The 2nd race I did was a fun one, started 4th in a BS/AS lobby. Managed to fight my way up to 2nd. And then on the last corner of the last lap I managed to get past with a somewhat "forceful" move to win by 0.06 seconds.

Well i think im stuck on DR and Spa. Stuck at 28k. Just cant get a good result in the lobbys with A rated drivers. Got my quali to 2.18.8.. but optimum is 2.18.0.. Really just need 3ths to move up grid enough to end in good points but just cant get..
Same here, loved race B this week. But being just into A dr I am qualifying last each time with 18.8.
Lost loads of dr and back to a B dr but it’s been great fun and always made 3 or 4 places in the race, wish it was 2 or 3 laps longer.
Right, which Gr2 to choose?

After running a race at Streets of Willow in that car I am convinced that race is there for the guys who want to do drifting. I had the 32nd fastest time on the board and was starting p5. Got a massive launch at the start to go to p3, got dropped back to p4 with a solid tap pass as we weaved through the bowl turn. Dropped to p5, got back to p4 after they served a penalty. Finished p4.

Seemed like most of the drivers were fighting the track as much as if not more than the other drivers. Cars all over the place and bouncing. Definitely more of a ball breaker than Big Willow. Going to be a hairy week. And remember if you don't use TCS for the race, use it for the start. I have it on for the whole time here, but you can see the launch I get, plus some clip of the chaos.

I don't care now, PD never fix the penalty system. I just got a nice reset, do I care about it. Nope. I don't mind being D/E for a bit, to be honest the racing is often cleaner than the usual BS ranks where I reside, a lot of the BS drivers thinks they are the best driver in the whole game. They often drive with zero respect and take the same lines regardless of there being other cars on track, bad sportsmanship. 1st D/E race up next, no SR left to lose. Could get my DR sub 3000 though hehe. Got a clean race bonus, started 2nd finished 2nd.

Last edited:
38D2F366-1168-451E-B72E-821715132B4E.jpeg
I’ve had a pretty good night of racing, with four clean races and my first podium at C level. More importantly though, I think both my race craft and car control are progressing quite well, to the point where on this final race I had my first ‘I’m coming for you!’ mindset/chase on the last half of the lap as I got close to second place.

Streets of Willow is more appropriate with N100 max N200 cars and Confort Tires :sly:.
The NSX could be very fun and good two weeks ago on BIG WILLOW instead of a 4WD :mischievous: .... IMHO .

Another week in lobby ... "show your best car... the winner choose category" ... :odd::ouch: .. :D:embarrassed:

IR

Last edited:
I've really started to come around on Race C this year, and now we've had 3 straight weeks where there's been virtually no strategy...

Will take some cracks at Maggiore but not a fan of that track, especially for Gr.4. Looks like this will be an FIA practice week.

Edit: just saw that Race B is essentially an FF fest, will pass on that too.

Last edited:
Hey guys, ran some race B this morning, and did absolutely terrible, causing a crash on the 2 races I did.

first rage quit of my career

felt so crappy afterwards, came on here for my first post

Sorry if anyone was there to be a part of it! Goodluck.

I’m a B - DR / S -SR, and generally feel like I’m around where I belong With the people I get lobbied with.

ive come a long way in the past months, and working on the smoothness of my braking and throttle out of turns.

I get excited in traffic, or making a clean overtake, and usually do something stupid afterwards, but every battle is a learning experience!

so wanted to say the I have a huge consistency problem and try to stay clean more than anything else! But if you see me out there give me the Benefit of a doubt! Lol

hope I do better tonight, goodluck out there!

Hey guys, ran some race B this morning, and did absolutely terrible, causing a crash on the 2 races I did.

first rage quit of my career

felt so crappy afterwards, came on here for my first post

Sorry if anyone was there to be a part of it! Goodluck.

I’m a B - DR / S -SR, and generally feel like I’m around where I belong With the people I get lobbied with.

ive come a long way in the past months, and working on the smoothness of my braking and throttle out of turns.

I get excited in traffic, or making a clean overtake, and usually do something stupid afterwards, but every battle is a learning experience!

so wanted to say the I have a huge consistency problem and try to stay clean more than anything else! But if you see me out there give me the Benefit of a doubt! Lol

hope I do better tonight, goodluck out there!

I was in a couple of races with you this morning!
The only way for consistency is to keep racing. Don’t (rage) quit! Get yourself back on the track and keep racing. Even if you find yourself last (happened to me this morning), just keep going. At minimum, you get to practice some more......

I’ll see you on the track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back