"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd after three guys ahead of me had penalties at the line. Spare a thought for our winner who ended up SR E: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1402676

My SR is down to 90 after one case of someone bump drafting me. I'm going to do one more to see how much SR you gain for a clean race.

I said I was going to tank and smurf for the platinum. This seems like a good chance...

Edit: Crikey, people have taken the time to qualify for it...
tbf you don't even need to tank, just run this race normally and the tank will happen naturally.

I got +3 SR for a clean race bonus. I did 2 laps before matchmaking finished, they took there toll when I could feel my eyes glazing over before the end of the first straight,
The corners on Race B look so pretty.

Hmm, sounds like me. I brake at the cone, slam the brakes and instantly to 2nd, hold off a bit then first, lift completely and then pin the throttle. What speed are you going at the end of the straight?
I wasn't really paying attention in the race itself, because I was concentrating on looking for my brake markers at that point, but I believe it was 211 mph in the Porsche.
FYI Race A penalties are ON and even without a penalty SR goes down. I wouldn't recommend racing this one.
tenor.gif

I got +3 SR for a clean race bonus. I did 2 laps before matchmaking finished, they took there toll when I could feel my eyes glazing over before the end of the first straight,
The corners on Race B look so pretty.
Yeah just finished another race there, finished 6th and got 3 SR for a clean race. I can manage another two clean races, can't I? Nothing bad will happen if I go again, will it?

Race A in a nutshell

7287409143797810712_1.png

I feel more confident on Brands Hatch than Autopolis, but I'm not sure of the tyre strategy. I'll probably try out both after Nations.

For anyone wondering about the ABS weak thing, you can tell right away in someones replay if they are using ABS weak, because they ABS light will be yellow instead of red. Go Karts are still the only time I ever see a top time replay with the yellow light. :)

What's the difference between weak and normal ABS? I don't think I ever touched the ABS setting.

I'm confused, can you tune your car for Race A? It looks like you can but all of the settings are greyed out.
No. This is the same situation as the SSRX race in the FIA events, and the Porsche thing from whenever it was recently. The settings are adjustable... in the sense that they have already been adjusted. You're running pre-tuned cars.

Any tips on the launch for race A? I qualified so now maybe I'll stay with the pack.

Edit: I got hit and spun and was the only one left behind. Maybe next time.
It also doesn't matter which transmission you use. I tried both in time trial, and except for the start, you're just gonna be in 6th the whole time.

• Wheel has been put away since June or so
  • Check GTPlanet's news feed
  • Route X is finally selected for a Daily Race this week
Maaaan, do I really wanna drag my wheel out this week? Half-tempted to farm the Clean Races achievement and watch my DR plummet in the process. :lol:

Tried a Race A. It was fun.

Didn't qualify. Started 11th. Had a good start, made it up to around 5th. 1st and 2nd ran way a bit. The rest in a chase pack. Mostly worked together to catch up. Smartly leaving a lane open the whole way for anyone passing. I hit a half ghost car bouncing off the wall and lost some speed at the end. But I think the pack caught up. Finished 1 spot up with SR intact. I feel like I got lucky with a good grid.

Enjoying Race A. Very different to most races.

8 races today - one victory and two podiums.

Seems the key is to stay out of trouble and obviously stay in the draft
A lot of people botch the launch and this provides some easy gains.
A lot of people try and 'fight' on the turns - totally pointless.
Also don't block people (obviously none of use have ever done that:lol:) you will just get penalised. Better to let people pass and try and re-draft.

I find qualifying has little impact. A good draft from P7 is as good as pole.

I was joking. I'm trying a no-stopper at some point, but one and two stops are your two options here according to womble on YouTube.

Med/Hard: Try for at least 8 laps on the mediums then switch.

Med/Med/Hard: 6/6/1.

His final times where only 3 seconds apart (1 stopper was faster), so it's not a massive difference and you have to factor in your car, your driving style, starting position, and traffic situation.

Avoid two-stopping if you pit out into traffic. Go for a two-stopper if you can pit out into clean air and catch people when you're on fresh rubber. If your car eats tyres go for a two stopper obviously.

Honestly it's so close you can kind of do what you like, it's too situational.

For those who are curious about race A, here's what can happen, even if you're just minding your own business. Wasn't attempting any blocks.
I logged in to my Asian account and did a Q lap. I started 2nd.
This is my 4 SR downs within 40 seconds (99--> 63). 2 of them came with a 1 second penalty.
For the first 4 minutes or so, I don't think that being at the front of the pack is a very good thing.
I'm really glad that I haven't qualified with my McMurphy account. 👍

I was joking. I'm trying a no-stopper at some point, but one and two stops are your two options here according to womble on YouTube.

Med/Hard: Try for at least 8 laps on the mediums then switch.

Med/Med/Hard: 6/6/1.

His final times where only 3 seconds apart (1 stopper was faster), so it's not a massive difference and you have to factor in your car, your driving style, starting position, and traffic situation.

Avoid two-stopping if you pit out into traffic. Go for a two-stopper if you can pit out into clean air and catch people when you're on fresh rubber. If your car eats tyres go for a two stopper obviously.

Honestly it's so close you can kind of do what you like, it's too situational.

Yeah you got me lol. I hate races with no strategy most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back