"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the first time I raced that guy.

Here is the second time.

This is the third time.

In the post-race chat, he got the opposite of an apology. I let him know that it was 100% intentional, and that there is more to come.
Every time I see him, it will be the same thing (punt on sight). :irked:
Unfortunately, @suprajef had to witness that revenge punt.

I definitely would have punted after the first one

Why would I think this last Spa race would be anything different? On pole for the first time this week. Old NSX comes straight on the inside into T1. Causes everyone to collide.

I come out 6th. By T4, I'm swamped by the slipstream heroes. Now, I'm 9th, after being a ping pong ball.

Get some type of rhythm. Move up a spot. Move up another due to someone's penalty. Move up another. Holding 6th and pit end of Lap4 for RMs.

Head down and I'm only 8 seconds from the lead NSX that caused the mayhem. 7.5 seconds now. 7.2 seconds as cars are pitting.

Lap 6, leader pits. Comes out 2 seconds behind me. 4 seconds behind me(I'm in 3rd). 7 seconds. Something happened. P2 pits and comes out 2 seconds behind me. I build a gap ahead of P3, with 2 laps to go. P1 pulling away. I finish P2.

End of race, "NSX DNF"! Hate that crap.

Why would I think this last Spa race would be anything different? On pole for the first time this week. Old NSX comes straight on the inside into T1. Causes everyone to collide.

I come out 6th. By T4, I'm swamped by the slipstream heroes. Now, I'm 9th, after being a ping pong ball.

Get some type of rhythm. Move up a spot. Move up another due to someone's penalty. Move up another. Holding 6th and pit end of Lap4 for RMs.

Head down and I'm only 8 seconds from the lead NSX that caused the mayhem. 7.5 seconds now. 7.2 seconds as cars are pitting.

Lap 6, leader pits. Comes out 2 seconds behind me. 4 seconds behind me(I'm in 3rd). 7 seconds. Something happened. P2 pits and comes out 2 seconds behind me. I build a gap ahead of P3, with 2 laps to go. P1 pulling away. I finish P2.

End of race, "NSX DNF"! Hate that crap.
Lol that was me every race at spa this past week, exact same pattern!

Vent / rant time! WTF is wrong with people? Racing at Big Willow. All red white and blue field except for one racer. Worked myself from starting 6th to 3rd. Close racing. Bumper to bumper, door to door. All clean. Great racing. Remember that one racer? Dive bombs me and sends me into the desert half way through the last lap. It was no accident. Finish last and lose over a thousand driver points. Of course he was the first one out of the room after the race. Chicken ****.

I was in several races with you, just wanted to comment you are a racer, not just a gamer. You race clean.
I had one of those too where I tried outside line approaching the entrance to the final turn and one of my “friends” from south of the equator shoved me off wide, he lifted to set me up with a run before that, but I did punt him a few races before that after he sent off one of my friends.
I need to stop that crap. I was embarrassed to get run off with members of the top twenty in that race.
Didn’t finish last and FairPlay to the Brazilian too.
Remember if it was just a dive bomb it COULD have been just over optimistic by a fair racer.
I tried hard this morning to beat @sturk0167 on time but came up just short of the lesser of his two quals.
I noticed later in the week while the races were still great overall people got a bit more optimistic more often.
Early in the week it was more magical more often, but I will miss this one quite a bit.
Next week looks like I might not play much...

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds stupid but not having access to garage cars for Race A removes almost all incentive for me to actually enter it.
Dude I feel you...
A couple of weeks ago we had a Gr.1 race at Fuji limited to Group C cars and I remember being so hyped about I decided I'd try my best to fit a couple of races into my awfully busy week... Then I found out we couldn't race with our own liveries and completely lost interest...

For me, there's just something so satisfying about saving a good replay and opening a few weeks later to take a few pictures with my own livery...

Last edited:
So long, Belgium. In the end, I have to give high marks to the combo of Gr2 and Spa. It was fast and flowing and fun.

I think I learned a great deal this week about awareness, control, and strategy. Spa could be a cruel teacher, but I bounced back from every setback.

I collected more podiums this week than I ever have. I appreciate the advice on racecraft and how to get the best launch that was shared here by many of you. @Groundfish your rants on personal accountability really resonated with me and helped me avoid carnage often.

I thought I’d finally see victory on this last one, but missed out by 3 tenths of a second. On to the next one!
B7A141F0-B4EF-4E7C-8362-D8927BD9B0B6.jpeg

Decide to have one last run on Race C last night, did not think this through.
Went a race during dinner time in Asia, started 2nd, got punted into the leader so hard it gave me a 4 secs penalty.
Past the raidillon, the WHOLE field crashed and ghosted, managed to sneak back up to 3rd, but immediately spun out by a guy following me and hit another guy while I was sliding, 6 secs penalty after that, oof.
SR back to the 40s now, this game is broken.

Morning, yesterday I did some testing for race C... Probably it will be RBJr, if two compounds will be mandatory strategy will be 14M/1H, if only hards mandatory, you can consider nostopping on them, boring... I also tested SF19, and man... That would be so interesting race... Meds are good for about 6 laps, so theres some strategy possible... 6M/7M/2H or 6-7M/9-8H...
Really cant wait what its gonna be:)

I ran 3 C yesterday evening in EMEA, trying to rebuild my SR.
First one I ran as usual, racing bit careful. SR 90-82. Second, decided to hang back and conserve but on the grid as I pull to the left to let the field pass the guy behind me to the right spins and plows straight into my side and slams me to the wall.
I go DFL through Eau Rouge to be careful but passed to p12 up Kemmel as everyone is serving penalties. Then the same 08 NSX that plowed me at the grid barge passed me in Pouhon. SR still 82.
Last try, fall back and stayed behind to be safe. Then on lap 4 I pass a 16 NSX by better run up Kemmel. He stays behind but to the left. As I pass a British racer serving a penalty (I always go around, you never know when they unghost) the French driver in the NSX decided to go through, the British driver unghost and the French slams him so hard he is pushed into my rear left, then he goes off into oblivion.
Brought it home with only one SR down. SR 91... Hopefully it's possible to climb out today.

Was it last week's races that were more Nissan fan focused? The Z cars in Race A, and choice if Nissan's for Race B &C?

This week is nearly about Toyota fans. 86, RC F & 86 GR.4, Super GT RC F & SC430.

SF19 Honda for Race C.
Maybe a Honda for Race A? Makes it a Honda type week. :lol:

Edit: Nope. Mister Two for Race A. 👍

Last edited:
So long, Belgium. In the end, I have to give high marks to the combo of Gr2 and Spa. It was fast and flowing and fun.

I think I learned a great deal this week about awareness, control, and strategy. Spa could be a cruel teacher, but I bounced back from every setback.

I collected more podiums this week than I ever have. I appreciate the advice on racecraft and how to get the best launch that was shared here by many of you. @Groundfish your rants on personal accountability really resonated with me and helped me avoid carnage often.

I thought I’d finally see victory on this last one, but missed out by 3 tenths of a second. On to the next one!
View attachment 964402

I saw you at one of the earlier races, probably one where I plunged into the La Source cluster. Finally, I spent some time just practicing the starts to find the breaking points into the first turn. Overall, I found the combo challenging and struggled to get clean races. At best, I could manage mid-field finishes. Looking forward to Spa's return.

Huge gamble with that one. 1RH/9RM/5RM.
IMG_20201012_182957.jpg

I had one red bar and it jumped to yellows. Got tapped at T1, T2. Spun into the wall on my own. Was dead last. Dumped the RH and just flew back up as fast as I could. Used most of my "K.I.T.T. turbo boost!" button.

Had Shiftingears in this one. Good stuff .

Edit: Just missed FL by .008.
IMG_20201012_184256.jpg

IMG_20201012_184716.jpg

I get it now. I think this week is about pressure. Blood pressure. Can't rest at any of these circuits. Don't know if my heart can take it.

I'll do Brands Hatch at 19:00.

Last edited:
I ran 3 C yesterday evening in EMEA, trying to rebuild my SR.
First one I ran as usual, racing bit careful. SR 90-82. Second, decided to hang back and conserve but on the grid as I pull to the left to let the field pass the guy behind me to the right spins and plows straight into my side and slams me to the wall.
I go DFL through Eau Rouge to be careful but passed to p12 up Kemmel as everyone is serving penalties. Then the same 08 NSX that plowed me at the grid barge passed me in Pouhon. SR still 82.
Last try, fall back and stayed behind to be safe. Then on lap 4 I pass a 16 NSX by better run up Kemmel. He stays behind but to the left. As I pass a British racer serving a penalty (I always go around, you never know when they unghost) the French driver in the NSX decided to go through, the British driver unghost and the French slams him so hard he is pushed into my rear left, then he goes off into oblivion.
Brought it home with only one SR down. SR 91... Hopefully it's possible to climb out today.
Exactly what I had experience with too, I lost 10 SR after a really clean race, did not know where did I hit anybody, probably because of the slight taps from behind?

So SF-19's around Red Bull Ring, I guess that decides my week this week as should manage to snag a few wins here given it's a track
I've spent a lot of time on in F1 2020 of late.

Maybe I can get up to 100 wins in advance of Lewis Hamilton and keep ahead of his win total...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back